PDA

View Full Version : Riders of Chaos 2500

Doommasters
06-02-2013, 00:52
Tzeentch Riders of Chaos

The idea with this list is to field something that is not only fun to play with but also will look epic on the table. I have not included the MoT 1+/2.5+ CoC lord on purpose as I want something with a little more risk and reward to add to the flavour. This army should in theory be able to pick and choose its fights taking out high priority targets while avoiding slow infantry blocks until multi charges can be setup.

Does anyone think this could work? Where are the weaknesses?

Chaos Lord (400)
MoT
Hellfire Sword
Talism of Endurance
Charmed Shield
Soul Feeder
Third Eye
Flaming Breath
Disk

Sorcerer (245)
lvl2
MoT
Talism of Preservation
Chaos Familiar
Disk

Exalted BSB (235)
Mot
CoC
Scaly Skin
Nimble Blade
Shield

Core

Hounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

Hounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

Chariot MoT (120)

Warriors MoT x23 (436)
Sheilds
Full Command
Banner of Discipline

Special

Chimera (275)
Flamming Breath
Regenerating

Chimera (275)
Flamming Breath
Regenerating

Rare

Shaggoth (227)
GW

Hellcannon (210)

kramplarv
06-02-2013, 02:13
I think you have to many chariots. I would get rid of 2 and 3 hounds to get marauder horsemen. They are superb in this kind of lists since they have vanguard and they will often be in better positions for support charges than chariots.

Also; i dont understand your chaos lord. :) disc, wardsave and halberd are enough. No need for 100+ points of other stuff. Since he is flying he will never find himself in positions were third eye or soulfeeder would matter.

Edpecially not when he have access to that heavy air support like in this list.

Your sorcerer does not need fencers blade either.

I would remove a lot of eq fr.o.m. Your characters and try to bring in another exalted on steed and halberd to run with the horsemen or just wander around alone and hunting support units.

Doommasters
06-02-2013, 02:33
Thanks for the feedback it really is appreciated I will wait and see if anyone else posts then up date it when I have some time.

Pretty Keen on running a lord with the Hellfire sword as it is very fluffy and will but fun to paint any ideas on what setup you would run and how that would change the list? I don't play WoC often and want to build something exciting (open to any marks and any ideas).

Blkc57
06-02-2013, 03:05
As a Nurgle WoC player I am upset at your inclusion of Tzeentch's men in your army. Grandfather Nurgle does not tolerate the volatile ways of his brother Tzeentch. Stagnation and decay are his gifts to his beloved children, not deception and change. I'm sure Tzeentch players are just as annoyed at people who dare include the followers of the Papa Nurgle. I say fully embrace the church of the Fly Lord.

In other words without all the Roleplaying...why are you mixing Tzeentch and Nurgle? thats almost anti-fluffy.

Doommasters
06-02-2013, 04:10
The gods are fickle

m1acca1551
06-02-2013, 04:14
As a Nurgle WoC player I am upset at your inclusion of Tzeentch's men in your army. Grandfather Nurgle does not tolerate the volatile ways of his brother Tzeentch. Stagnation and decay are his gifts to his beloved children, not deception and change. I'm sure Tzeentch players are just as annoyed at people who dare include the followers of the Papa Nurgle. I say fully embrace the church of the Fly Lord.

In other words without all the Roleplaying...why are you mixing Tzeentch and Nurgle? thats almost anti-fluffy.

I have to agree here, Grandfather nurgle will most likely remove his favour for consorting with the followers of tzeentch, i'd love to see big unit of marauder horseman in there but other than that your list is pretty brutal, unless you come across an empire or dwarf list and well your an experienced enough commander to know that losing even a few units to ranged fire will seriously handicap your ability to deal with hordes.

alphamale
06-02-2013, 04:40
I second the idea of squeezing in some Horsemen. I'd drop a chariot or two to make room.

MoT vs MoN in the same list, well that is up to you.

Doommasters
06-02-2013, 07:56
I have to agree here, Grandfather nurgle will most likely remove his favour for consorting with the followers of tzeentch, i'd love to see big unit of marauder horseman in there but other than that your list is pretty brutal, unless you come across an empire or dwarf list and well your an experienced enough commander to know that losing even a few units to ranged fire will seriously handicap your ability to deal with hordes.

Updated list above what do you guys think now?

Blkc57
06-02-2013, 09:23
Actually a much stronger list in my opinion. I'm a fan of dogs in general as a great chaff unit. I'm curious though while I love me a lord of chaos, have you given any thought to a Daemon Prince, he can be just as powerful (well maybe not as safe with his 5+ ward) and he is Unbreakable, plus a thunderstomp is pure money. The new edition lowered his cost so he's almost as cost effective as a Chaos Lord. A friend of mine made a Daemon Prince with a 2+ rerollable armor save, 5+ ward rerolling 1's, flaming magical attacks, breath weapon, and regains wounds by rolling 6's, for cheaper than a comparable Chaos Lord. He's weak to cannons but if you can get him into the enemy quick they are never gonna kill him and he'll be chewing them to pieces. But overall I love your list now. The mixing of rival gods thing has always been a little peeve of mine. It especially bugs me when Daemons of Chaos players do it.

kramplarv
06-02-2013, 09:32
Updated list above what do you guys think now?

Your warriors are out of place. :) They mix well with hell cannon and chariot, but they wont fight anything during a game since they are to slow to bring the fight to the enemy.(Forsaken could be used instead of warriors since they are fast. And the modeling oppurtunities are awesome.) I'd suggest you drop them warriors in favor of more horsemen, hounds and that lost chariot. Otherwise you won't find fast attack. :) or that much of riders :p In addition, don't listen to what miacca etc are saying about mixing marks. As I see it, your flying chaos lord on disc could in fact be a giant praying mantis-lord who flies by his own wings. Or a small fat child who are carried by a fly swarm. Or whatever.

Never ever should fluff decide who you want your army to play or looks. That is totally up to the player. which happens to be you.

I would do the list something like this;

Chaos Lord (400)
MoT
Hellfire Sword
Talism of Endurance
Charmed Shield
Soul Feeder
Third Eye
Flaming Breath
Disk

Sorcerer (196)
lvl2
MoS(MoN?)
Chaos steed/Steed of slaanesh
scroll

Exalted BSB (231)
Demonic steed w. barding
CoC
Halberd
potion of foolhardiness
dawnstone

Core

Hounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

Hounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

Hounds x5 (40)
Vanguard

5 marauder horsemen (95)
musican, Mark of slaanesh, Flail

5 marauder horsemen (95)

5 marauder horsemen (95)

Chariot (110)
Chariot (110)

Special

Chimera (275)
Flamming Breath
Regenerating

Chimera (275)
Flamming Breath
Regenerating

Rare

Shaggoth (227) (this can be exchanged for 3 dragon ogres with great weapons. who are probably better. But shaggoths are awesome fluff/modelwise!)
GW

Hellcannon (210)

total: 2439 which leaves you 61pts left. And those could be spent on more warhounds, or changing marks on marauders from Slaanesh to Nurgle, or expand unitsizes, or whatevery you might
fancy! (If I had run this one personally I would have 2* chaos lords with halberds and wardsave, nothing else, instead of that mega expensive lord. And probably got rid of breathweapons on chimeras to save points.

(61points+2*breathweapons+400 chaos lord points = almost 2*chaoslord, halberd, disc, mark of Tzeentch, 3++)