PDA

View Full Version : Iron Warriors questions

WarsmithFarrus
06-02-2013, 11:38
Hi people :) Im doing my own iron warriors successor chapter/ Splinter warband and I want to know a couple of things about the Iron Warriors. How many grand companies do they have and do we know who all the warpsmiths are?

Reasonable Commissar
06-02-2013, 11:44
Warpsmiths no as they seem to be new to the new CSM dex, WARsmiths were different. Angel Exterminatus is good reading for how the Legion used to be arranged and then there are some of the older IW books you can read which gives you a more "modern" idea of how they are arranged.

They never really cover everything though so you could easily have a splinter group of Iron Warriors working under their own smith. The IW are largely still together but there can always be small groups off working on their own or something.

Madmongo
06-02-2013, 11:46
Do we have any idea of how their command structure works now? Is Perturbo still in command or is he absent?

WarsmithFarrus
06-02-2013, 12:00
Well I have the idea of basically my "successor chapter" being created AFTER perturabo ascended basically my warsmith taking his grand company with him as a power vacum ensued and he didnt wish to be part of it as he had his own goals and ambitons

Reasonable Commissar
06-02-2013, 12:52
Perty is still technically in charge but whether he really interacts with them is a different matter. The latter set books have The Warsmith (one of the 3 members of the Trident from Legion Times) becoming a Daemon Prince and Honsou attacking places and taking them over.

I dont recall if The Warsmith from that time was supposed to be in charge of the Legion overall or just a large part of it. Theres several McNeil books following the IW and some intersect with some of his Ultrasmurf series as well.