PDA

View Full Version : Model problem

WarsmithFarrus
06-02-2013, 14:53
So I have a problem with the chaos dreadnought aka the hellbrute. Im doing a Iron Warriors successor chapter/ splinter warband and while I currently have a dreadnought (it was my loyalist one from assault on black reach which I converted up a bit) the Hellbrute in the DV box dosent look very Iron Warriory as such im kind of stuck if theres any ways to either make the Hellbrute look iron warriory or if I should just buy one of the forge world one?

Gossipmeng
06-02-2013, 15:09
Unfortunately the hellbrute doesn't really fit in with the appearance of many legions and is not worth the effort to convert most of the time.

I would just go ahead and purchase the forgeworld dread - it's higher quality, more posing options, and most importantly... it will fit your theme much better. I've purchased 2 FW dreads for my greyknights and they were a notch above GW's.

WarsmithFarrus
06-02-2013, 15:23
I will deffo purchasde the forgeowrld dread then :) Il use the hellbrute as a stand in for it now but once I get the forge dread that things going on ebay

spiderman_stu
06-02-2013, 19:50
I always find conversions are better and more rewarding than buying them. I recently bought 2 contemptors from fw,one I've converted one to be a ravenwing one (using death wing dread rules) and a pre heresy thousand sons one. I think iron warrior contemptor would look cool. Perhaps use some of the spikes from the tank kits trimmed down and put on the top. Subtle addition are perfect... Any more ideas?

spiderman_stu
06-02-2013, 19:58
I found http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/384907-Contemptor.html