PDA

View Full Version : [WoC] Skull of Katam vs. Daemon Prince

Mr_Rose
06-02-2013, 15:35
Right; in part the new Skull of Katam says that models "with the Mark of Tzeentch" can't use their re-roll on the channeling dice you get from it.

A Daemon Prince of Tzeentch does not have the Mark of any god at all. But their dedication has the same re-roll effect built into it.

So, can a Tzeentchi DP re-roll ones with the Skull of Katam?
RAW is yes, what about RAI? It seems like they very definitely don't think that the various Marks and their analogous dedications for other units are interchangeable so I don't think it's reasonable that they suddenly would for this case alone.

(Fluff wise it seems OK too; after all, who wouldn't already know deep and scary secrets of chaos if not a daemon dedicated to the really weird god?)

stainawarjar
07-02-2013, 11:11
RAW is yes. RAI is butterflies.

But it'll probably be Errata's anyway.

myrsnipe
07-02-2013, 18:21
Regardless, its quite risky to use the skull with your DP. Now if we only could use the familiar and the skull at the same time....

thokerk
09-02-2013, 19:48
Regardless, its quite risky to use the skull with your DP. Now if we only could use the familiar and the skull at the same time....

I'm bad at recognizing sarcasm on the internet, so taking that into account: would that actually work ? (as in: would the roll of 1 actually count as a 2 ?) And/Or is there something in the rules to stop you from taking both ? I can't immediately see anything, but I've been known to miss stuff before ...

Mr_Rose
09-02-2013, 20:15
They're both Arcane items so you can't have both. But it would work if you could, same as the Channeling Staff.