PDA

View Full Version : From Sons of Horus to Black Legion

Mage
06-02-2013, 22:19
I was curious as to what point the Sons of Horus became or repainted their armour to Black (Legion)?

I mean, I know Horus, the Justaerin and the Catulan Reavers all wore black as the Black Legion more or less is now, when they were Sons of Horus. I was just curious if they were 'Chaos Marines' the same time they were Sons of Horus, not just traitors, if you get what I mean.

Lothlanathorian
06-02-2013, 22:30
I believe it was after The Scouring and in the EoT. A clone of Horus was made, the Sons assaulted the place and destroyed it and then repainted their armour black.

Mage
06-02-2013, 22:34
Ah, thanks, I was not 100% sure about the particular timeframe. I mean, the 'traitors' at the time of Isstvaan weren't exactly chaos marines (though the Word Bearers more ore less were in some shape or form). Assuming it took a few years of rampaging accross the Galaxy to get to Terra and the subsequent withdrawal and movement into the eye, I was wondering if there were 'Chaos Marines' in Sons of Horus green.

Lothlanathorian
06-02-2013, 23:25
Yeah, they'd have still been in SoH colours up until they burned down the facility with the Horus clone in it. That was when Abaddon had them repaint their armour and call themselves the Black Legion.

Mage
06-02-2013, 23:45
Thanks for the information.

Khorneguy
07-02-2013, 01:41
After destroying the Horus clone, Abaddon decreed that the Sons of Horus had been clinging to the shadow of the memory of Horus for too long and they were to be borne anew. The repainting of their armour came partly of a reflection of that shame, but also to symbolise their rebirth.

The fact that the Black Legion colours were the colour of Abaddon's company raises some eyebrows as to the real reasoning behind this change, considering that even during the heresy he was trying to extend his power within the Legion, putting forward Kibre and Gorghost (both members of his company) as potential members of the Mournival.

Aaron Dembski-Bowden's upcoming Rise of the Warmaster series should shed more light on it

Mage
07-02-2013, 03:41
Oh yeah, I forgot about ADB doing that, even though I read it on his blog like a week ago.