PDA

View Full Version : How to make a troll-heavy Throgg list?

SilasOfTheLambs
06-02-2013, 22:22
This would be most likely a 2400 for adepticon, which for some reason is still inexplicably allowing special characters. So, basically, I'm trying to write the list in order to lose to teclis with style. I think filling up the whole core of the army with trolls is totally viable (say, 2 units of 9 or 10 each). So far, my plan is to put my BSB on a horse with the 3+ ward save that rerolls ones and put him in one unit, and then put throgg in the other unit and keep them near one another. I think I can also run a daemon prince (charmed shield, sword of striking, and various gifts seem sensible) as a level 4 of nurgle, which would give me a shot at making the trolls regen on 3+.

Otherwise, do I run a chimaera? Some skullcrushers? I'm kind of opposed to warriors because the whole thing is otherwise m6 or higher, and will give gunlines hives. Which is great. Cuz I hate ****** gunlines.

Thoughts?

Ratarsed
07-02-2013, 15:41
To be honest keep to the theme and take what you want. Chimera would be good as would the new rare monsters.
This is what I am taking to the club tonight with the models I already have.

Daemon Prince Daemonic Flight, Level 4 wizard, Chaos armour, Daemon of Nurgle, Scaled Skin, Chaos Familiar, Sword of Striking, Dragon helmThrogg
Exhalted HeroBattle Standard, Juggernaut of Khorne, Mark of Khorne, Shield, Sword of Swift Slaying, Ruby Ring of Ruin
Exhalted HeroSteed of Slaanesh, Mark of Slaanesh, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone
5 Chaos War houndsVanguard, Mutant Poison
5 Marauder HorsemenFull command, Shields, Spears, Throwing Axes, Mark of Nurgle
6 Chaos TrollsExtra hand weapons
6 Chaos Trolls Extra hand weapons
4 Chaos Ogres Full command, Mark of Khorne, Great weapons
3 Dragon Ogres champion extra weapons
Dragon Ogre Shaggoth Great weapon