PDA

View Full Version : Monstrous cavalry and monstrous infantry

Hallock
07-02-2013, 01:03
If I put a Exhalted hero on a daemonic mount and place him in a unit of ogres would he get a "look out sir". If not would he get a 4+ ward save for close proximity or are they considered two different sizes?

thankyou

DaemonReign
07-02-2013, 01:16
He'd get no Look Out Sir at all since Monstrous Infantry and Monstrous Cavalry are two different unit types.

Kalandros
07-02-2013, 06:50
Troop Type is all that matters. So neither "Look out, sir!" would apply. If Dragon Ogres were nearby, or Skullcrushers, he'd have to be ON HIS OWN not in another unit, to get the 4+ LO,S! or in those respective units to get the 2+ LO,S!
Also Ogres have a different base size (40mm) than the Juggernaut (50mm) so you could only put that Hero on the side of the unit.

apbassman
07-02-2013, 09:04
How about a chaos lord on a manticore next to a Chimera? (apologies for thought exercising, looking to dodge more bretonnian trebuchets)

Danny76
07-02-2013, 09:15
Unit size would come into play then. As it has to be 5+, 3+ for monstrous.
I assume Chimerae are 1 only..

Kalandros
07-02-2013, 09:25
How about a chaos lord on a manticore next to a Chimera? (apologies for thought exercising, looking to dodge more bretonnian trebuchets)

Look Out, Sir! rules are specific about how they work, read them up. There's no reason for all of these questions.

RejjeN
07-02-2013, 12:35
Troop Type is all that matters. So neither "Look out, sir!" would apply. If Dragon Ogres were nearby, or Skullcrushers, he'd have to be ON HIS OWN not in another unit, to get the 4+ LO,S! or in those respective units to get the 2+ LO,S!
Also Ogres have a different base size (40mm) than the Juggernaut (50mm) so you could only put that Hero on the side of the unit.
Dragon Ogres are Monstrous Beasts, so that wouldn't work either. The only option in the chaos book is Skullcrushers, which non-khorne models can't join anymore so at best a Monstrous Cav char would get a 4+ LOS.

And as mentioned previously, the requirements for LOS is evident in the rules, 5+ Rank and File models (only Ogres have the 3+ thing IF they buy a Look-Out Gnoblar), only against shooting and templates (of all kinds after an Errata), and same unit type.

Kalandros
07-02-2013, 17:43
Ah yea, forgot about the 3rd monstrous type haha, just looking at them made me think they'd be cavalry but I guess beast makes more sense! O: Not many of those.

sulla
08-02-2013, 04:04
I assume Chimerae are 1 only..I'd love it if this were an actual rule. It would make monstrous characters much more playable...(3+ counts for ranks, not LoS)

Kalandros
08-02-2013, 08:02
I assume Chimerae are 1 only..

Chimeras are Monsters. Monsters are not Rank&File models, so take time to read the actual "Look Out, Sir!" rules.
And its still 5+ for Monstrous models.
The "3" is for ranks and such but does not include "Look Out, Sir!" in this.