PDA

View Full Version : Using the Dark Angels from the DV box for a unit of fallen

WarsmithFarrus
07-02-2013, 05:23
Hello people now I am considering using the Dark Angels tactical marines from the dark vengance box for a unit of fallen in a black legion army (Most of it I already have), just wanted your thoughts on wether you think a squad of fallen would follow abbadon or not :p

agurus1
07-02-2013, 05:32
Don't see why not, they all have their own agendas. Perhaps the black legion are assaulting a world that holds some valuable item that the fallen need? or the black legion hired them for their expertise or something?

WarsmithFarrus
07-02-2013, 05:37
Thanks for the reply :) I also very much doubt they would dare say no to the warmaster

agurus1
07-02-2013, 05:51
never know, they might, they are supposed to be very individualistic (and also hard to pin down in one place so if they did refuse they could probably easily slip away into space). That being said, I'm sure that some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement could be arranged, wether or not the Black Legion would know of how it benefits the group of Fallen... well... ;)

Latro_
07-02-2013, 08:23
remember to paint them black!

tricky that a lot of those models have post herecy (i think) armour marks... no one will notice though.

baphomael
07-02-2013, 12:59
remember to paint them black!

tricky that a lot of those models have post herecy (i think) armour marks... no one will notice though.

So do a lot of traitor legion marines. Its not like they all maintain an unsullied suit of power armour dating back to the heresy... eventually some of them will need to replace parts or even entire suits when the need arises.

WarsmithFarrus
07-02-2013, 13:22
Well in the end I decided on a mono tzeench warband and I had a better idea for the dark angel tactical marines :D I think their look would be perfect for a unit of tzeench chaos marines :)

TheDungen
07-02-2013, 16:16
fallen come in all varieties.

as for dare to say no, yes they would during the EoT Cypher basically stood and mocked abbaddon to his face on his own command deck. if they follow him its because they feel he cna help them achve whatever goal they has set their mind upon, not because they're afraid.
Having spend up to 10.000 years hunted by your former brothers who wish to torture you to death kind of puts fear into a different perspective.