PDA

View Full Version : Does GW owe you money?

Alex_H
07-02-2013, 16:49
I rung GW HQ today after having problems using a gift voucher I had been given by a friend on their main website. After a discussion with a polite lady, she could not see the voucher that I was trying to use but it turned out that I had some money left over from 2005. I enquired if there was any way that I could see this on the website. She told me no, only "they" had access to this information.

I can not recall where this money comes from - she thought it was the remaining funds from a previous voucher (for example if I had spent 9 of a 10 voucher). I felt a bit cheated that I had no way to see this and have never been sent a reminder about it. The lady on the telephone has given me a code to use in the future to use this outstanding funds.

Now during my purchase today I was told that the original voucher I was trying to use did not cover the full cost of the item brought and that I had to part pay by other means, but I do not recall if I was ever told in the past that I would have an account with credit on for any unused money. I feel this a bit shady on GW's behalf if they do not make it clear during purchases as I have no doubt they have a small account of other peoples money gaining interest for them some where. I feel that you should be able to see on their website if you have any money in credit to use.

It might be wise for people who shop often with GW HQ to give them a call and see if you have any money outstanding.

BTW I was able to use the original voucher I wanted to spend - turned out I was using the wrong code - silly me.

stroller
07-02-2013, 16:56
Presumably you had the voucher at some point 7 years ago. Presumably 7 years ago you knew then how much the voucher was worth and how much you spent at the time, and, presumably, also forgot.

I don't see how this is cheating you.

Alex_H
07-02-2013, 18:07
I do see your point. Its just one of these things that I hate when it is hidden from plain sight.

Herzlos
07-02-2013, 20:15
Presumably you had the voucher at some point 7 years ago. Presumably 7 years ago you knew then how much the voucher was worth and how much you spent at the time, and, presumably, also forgot.

I don't see how this is cheating you.

I'd assume that if I used a voucher for less than the voucher amount, the difference would be lost. If it wasn't and I had a small credit somewhere but the company never let on I'd be a bit miffed.

Spider-pope
10-02-2013, 09:33
I rung GW HQ today after having problems using a gift voucher I had been given by a friend on their main website. After a discussion with a polite lady, she could not see the voucher that I was trying to use but it turned out that I had some money left over from 2005. I enquired if there was any way that I could see this on the website. She told me no, only "they" had access to this information.

I can not recall where this money comes from - she thought it was the remaining funds from a previous voucher (for example if I had spent 9 of a 10 voucher). I felt a bit cheated that I had no way to see this and have never been sent a reminder about it. The lady on the telephone has given me a code to use in the future to use this outstanding funds.

Now during my purchase today I was told that the original voucher I was trying to use did not cover the full cost of the item brought and that I had to part pay by other means, but I do not recall if I was ever told in the past that I would have an account with credit on for any unused money. I feel this a bit shady on GW's behalf if they do not make it clear during purchases as I have no doubt they have a small account of other peoples money gaining interest for them some where. I feel that you should be able to see on their website if you have any money in credit to use.

It might be wise for people who shop often with GW HQ to give them a call and see if you have any money outstanding.

BTW I was able to use the original voucher I wanted to spend - turned out I was using the wrong code - silly me.

You've not been cheated. If anything it's the reverse. Most companies do not offer change from gift vouchers, if you don't spend the full amount you lose it. That they have kept a record of your past voucher use AND informed you that you can use the leftover money is a good thing. It's certainly not cheating you.

little-kharn
11-02-2013, 01:37
To some extent maybe at my old store we were allowed to keep our cases in a wee storage cupboard that was unused as stock was kept upstairs as long as our cases had our names clearly marked on them and we were loyal, trusted customers. Anyway long story short I was busy revising for exams and on holiday so never went down to the store for about 2 months. Store closed and I never got a phone call or anything about it closing just out of the blue and lost 2 full cases of stuff probably close to 1000 worth of stuff. Apparently they sent it all down to Nottingham but I'm too scared to call and enquire incase that was not the case. So yeah that's my story probably don't owe me anything but a wee bit of curtosy would have been nice.

Krucifus
11-02-2013, 14:11
Apparently they sent it all down to Nottingham but I'm too scared to call and enquire incase that was not the case. So yeah that's my story probably don't owe me anything but a wee bit of curtosy would have been nice.

You lost 1000 worth of stuff that you think was sent to Nottingham... but aren't willing to make one phone call to get it all back? Okay then...

Mastodon
11-02-2013, 20:29
You lost 1000 worth of stuff that you think was sent to Nottingham... but aren't willing to make one phone call to get it all back? Okay then...

This. Call them.

And considering you would have left your army at the store at your own risk its not their responsibility to get you you to come and get your stuff. They probably thought you'd just abandoned it there since you hadn't been down to the store in so long like many people do. If a GW store closes, they announce it to all and sundry on facebook and in store. I'm very surprised you didn't know it was closing down.

cpl_hicks
11-02-2013, 23:22
You've not been cheated. If anything it's the reverse. Most companies do not offer change from gift vouchers, if you don't spend the full amount you lose it. That they have kept a record of your past voucher use AND informed you that you can use the leftover money is a good thing. It's certainly not cheating you.

GW atually did somethign good with this, im suprised they kept it after 7 years most gift cards now have a set end date if you dont use it you loose it, though this seemed to come about once paper gift cards stopped and electronic credit card like gift cards started

Morkmillian
12-02-2013, 22:25
To some extent maybe at my old store we were allowed to keep our cases in a wee storage cupboard that was unused as stock was kept upstairs as long as our cases had our names clearly marked on them and we were loyal, trusted customers. Anyway long story short I was busy revising for exams and on holiday so never went down to the store for about 2 months. Store closed and I never got a phone call or anything about it closing just out of the blue and lost 2 full cases of stuff probably close to 1000 worth of stuff. Apparently they sent it all down to Nottingham but I'm too scared to call and enquire incase that was not the case. So yeah that's my story probably don't owe me anything but a wee bit of curtosy would have been nice.

man i wouldnt have called them.
there would have been a path of destruction from my house to nottingham as i crushed all between me and my stuff!!!!!

Konovalev
13-02-2013, 14:16
I have no doubt they have a small account of other peoples money gaining interest for them some where.

Oh you mean like what paypal does? (http://www.alternet.org/story/153474/how_pay-pal_squeezes_merchants_with_unfair_and_likely_ille gal_business_practices)

Personally if GW owes me money for anything it's the rewards from those damned Skulz sheets... I was 1 skull short of having 50 skulls when they stopped that program...