PDA

View Full Version : 2500pts WoC army

bama
09-02-2013, 16:37
I'm trying to work on a mono-khorne army for the Quake City Rumble. I know there are better selections and all but I want to stick to khorne. I'm trying to come up with a comp friendly yet somewhat competitive army. So here it is:

Chaos Lord
Soul Feeder
Ogre Blade
Crown of Command
Helm of Many Eyes
Shield
Mark of Khorne

Exalted Hero
Battle Standard Bearer
Biting Blade
Enchanted Shield
Mark of Khorne

Exalted Hero
Mark of Khorne
Juggernaur
Burning Body
Dawnstone
Dragonhelm
Ironcurse Icon
Halberd

Core:

Chaos Warriors x 16 (Both lord and BSB go here)
Mark of Khorne
Shields
Champion
Standard
Banner of Rage

Chariot
Mark of khorne

Chariot
Mark of khorne

Warhounds x 5

Warhounds x 5

Special

Chaos Knights x 5
Ensorcelled weapons
Champion
Standard
Banner of Eternal Flame
Mark of khorne

Chaos knights x 5
Ensorcelled weapons
Mark of khorne

War Shrine
Mark of khorne

Chimera
Regeneration

Rare

Skullcrushers x 3 (The exalted on jugger goes here)
Ensorcelled weapons
Champion
Standard

The list is exactly 2500pts. Everything tends to be expensive in the new book so there aren't a lot of cheap choices. I welcome any and all constructive criticism but remember I am only going to run khorne and I don't want any wizards or ohter gods units. I will just suck it up when magic hoses me.

Bigman
09-02-2013, 18:27
With a champion in skullcrushers you won't get LoS for either him or exalted (you need 3 RnF members with MC)

Kayosiv
10-02-2013, 09:10
I dislike the first 2 character loadouts. Your chaos lord is expensive but very frail. The BSB is less survivable than the other exaulted hero which should be reversed. your opponent wants your leadership 9 general and your battle standard bearer dead. They have no ward saves and have mediocre armor saves.

Mount the BSB on either a juggernaut, demonic steed, or chaos horse. That'll give him a 2+ armor and you can use a regular shield for him. Give the BSB the dawnstone, or a ward save, or SOMETHING to make him more survivable. Get scaly skin for your general so he can have a 1+ armor save. Being stubborn is no good if your opponent can just kill you.

medevilmike
10-02-2013, 15:53
more or less agree with kayosiv, i would drop the mark from your warshrine. I like your lord build but he is an easy 350+vp for anyone who realises he has no ward save.

Khorne is kinda hard to do, but I am convinced it can be pulled off if the army is fast enough. your list is pretty fast but i think it can be much faster.

Greyhorn
10-02-2013, 16:29
I dislike the first 2 character loadouts. Your chaos lord is expensive but very frail. The BSB is less survivable than the other exaulted hero which should be reversed. your opponent wants your leadership 9 general and your battle standard bearer dead. They have no ward saves and have mediocre armor saves.

Mount the BSB on either a juggernaut, demonic steed, or chaos horse. That'll give him a 2+ armor and you can use a regular shield for him. Give the BSB the dawnstone, or a ward save, or SOMETHING to make him more survivable. Get scaly skin for your general so he can have a 1+ armor save. Being stubborn is no good if your opponent can just kill you.

Totally agree and I see no sense in Equiping the unit of warriors with shield and MoK, I would equip them with Halbreds and also I would changechariots to non-marked chariots.

Matthews
23-02-2013, 07:59
For Monstrous Units you still need 5 normal rank-and-file models for LoS.