PDA

View Full Version : 1250-1500 woc

zielonkak
09-02-2013, 20:38
I'm torn between running a tzeentch or nurgle DP. Any suggestions would really help. Thinking about running him a lv 1 at 1250 and lv 2 at 1500.

Menetherin
09-02-2013, 20:42
I honestly think Nurgle is the way to go, spell lore is better ( unless you want to take Metal) and minus 1 in CC is awesome.

Although I think his points might be a bit steep at 1500, but to each his own.

zielonkak
10-02-2013, 01:27
1250 list

DP
Mot, fly, charmed shield, third eye

21 chaos warriors
Mot, shields, full command

5 hounds

6 chaos knights
Mot, escorolled weapons, full command

Shaggoth with great weapon.

1250 even. Fast, mobile, and hits hard. I went with out magic, but in 1500 pts there will be some. What do you guys think.

Kayosiv
10-02-2013, 08:21
Tzeentch on demon princes is terrible. It is the most expensive and least useful mark. Khorne is somewhat lackluster because the prince's true combat potency comes not from it's attacks but it's thunderstomps and a 20 point magical sword can give +1 strength ALL the time.

Nurgle is great for offensive and Slannesh is great for hacking apart knights and other things with better than a 4+ armor save.

zielonkak
10-02-2013, 20:28
Okay I went with nurgle. I dropped tzeentch, third eye, and fly on DP. I added chaos armor and level one sorcerer on him. Rest of list stayed except marks changed.

zielonkak
11-02-2013, 13:32
Played two games yesterday and won both. First game was against empire and he brought lots of guns. It ended in minor victory. Second game was against skaven, and only went 4 turns, ending with my shaggoth terroring his unit off the board. Only lost a few warriors and hounds. Considering dropping the shaggoth for slaughter brute or chimera. Any thoughts?

Hurscal
11-02-2013, 14:35
if against a shooty army use a chimera to take out all guns and then it can also be used as back up for counter/rear charges. By syncing the brute with the DP you'll have a lot more control over it and it can really make a mess of nearly everything it goes up against !

Iron_Soul
11-02-2013, 23:18
I'm not sure I'd swap a Shaggoth for the Brute. To me, the Shaggoth is more reliably killy. Since you mentioned playing against Empire in your meta, how much would it suck if your DP got cannon'd early on and you now have an unbound Brute in your own lines?

Plus, I personally don't care for the Brute's model. If you can, I'd run a Vortex Beast instead. Potentially more attacks, and the DP's magic plus the bound spell makes for a nice magic phase at low points.

zielonkak
12-02-2013, 03:07
Oh yea that may work nice