PDA

View Full Version : New magic item WoC: Hellfire sword

thokerk
10-02-2013, 13:59
If you place a lord on a chariot, wielding the Hellfire sword, would the kills caused by impact hits count towards the dice rolled for exploding people with the sword ?
The rules for the impact hits state that they are consider close-combat attacks (albeit of a strange kind), but they are distributed like shooting attacks: Hence the question :)
I was considering starting an all chariot based army, and this way the sword seemed like a semi-decent way to deal with hordes.

Beyond that: would a 2000 pt army with 8 charriots (1 lord on gorebeast chariot, 7 core), a warshrine and 2 Mutaliths actually be a viable list to win with. Or would it just be good for a fun game ?

Thanks in advance for any answers. :)

Codsticker
10-02-2013, 14:41
Really, two separate subjects there. The list question is better suited to Tactics (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?13-Warhammer-Tactics).

Codsticker

The Warseer Mod Squad

RejjeN
10-02-2013, 15:15
No, because the wounds are not inflicted by the Chaos Lord, they are inflicted by his chariot. I wouldn't buy it that the sword would have any effect even if they had combined profiles.

Also at best he will have a 4+ ward save (if he has Mark of Tzeentch) so he will die very easily to artillery, and his chariot is doomed either way as it doesn't get any ward save. And I would say other than vulnerable characters that a full chariot+monster mash army would probably work though it would be a pain against dwarves or order of the holy cannon ball (empire cannons+knight army)

T10
10-02-2013, 16:39
If you place a lord on a chariot, wielding the Hellfire sword, would the kills caused by impact hits count towards the dice rolled for exploding people with the sword ?

No, only models slain by by the Hellfire Sword have a chance of exploding. A character may have additional special attacks such as spells, shooting attacks or stomp attacks - these attacks are not resolved with the character's weapon and the weapon special rules do not come into play.

-T10

thokerk
10-02-2013, 20:01
Thanks for the answers :)