PDA

View Full Version : Clan rats and sword masters

suchy1989
11-02-2013, 09:44
Let me just start by saying in absolutely new to the game. Just wondering, in the IoB set the clan rats and sword masters do not have a ranged weapon listed in equipment. However they have a BS of 3. Do we assume they have thrown weapons? 6"range S3 (only useful really in event of SnS).
Thanks in advance for your help :)

Kuja
11-02-2013, 09:56
Short answer: No.

Menetherin
11-02-2013, 10:00
Basically all units have a number in each stat but dont necessarily use it. Always go by the information in the equipment list/ army book.

suchy1989
11-02-2013, 11:11
Thank you for your help, I was sure I'd read somewhere that if a unit had no ranged attack the skill would be "-", must of misread, a lot to take in :)

Thank you for clearing it up

Mr_Rose
11-02-2013, 11:18
It's the other way around; a model with BS of “-” or “0” can't make a shooting attack even if it somehow acquires a shooting weapon. Not that there are many (any?) ways to obtain a sling or whatever mid-game outside of nonstandard scenarios.

T10
11-02-2013, 12:29
heh. Back in the day Chaos Warriors used to have Ballistic Skill 6 and no ranged weapons what-so-ever. And there used to be a lot of grumbling about Dark Elf Assassins having BS 9 and no missile weapons.

-T10

Wilhelm das Blutige
23-02-2013, 01:40
GW used to have a downloadable pdf for the IoB dudes, but removed it, which is a shame (personally I think it would have been a good idea to include a summary sheet for the units that came with the boxed set highlighting what units had what armour/weapons and the peculiarities of the Poisoned Wind Mortar and Warpfire Thrower).

If you haven't got the relevant army books, then the weapon teams would have to be used as the basic war machines detailed in the rulebook.

Other than that, the only units with missile weapons are the HE Lothern Sea Guard and the Ellyrian Reavers with normal bows (not long bows) so range 24".