PDA

View Full Version : 2500pt WoC Nurgle

scubasteve04
12-02-2013, 01:37
Come up with two WoC lists with the new book. Focusing on Mark of Nurgle due the buff it received in the new book. First list is very similar to the army I used last book but nurgle instead of Tzeentch. Second list is a bit different.

List A

Daemon Prince - 525 pts
. . Mark of Nurgle
. . Level 4 Wizard
. . Chaos Armor
. . Charmed Shield
. . Sword of Might
. . Flaming Breath
. . Soul Feeder
. . Chaos Familiar
. . Scaled Skin
. . Nurgle Rot

BSB, MoN, Sword of anti heroes, enchanted shield- 180pts

29 Warriors, FC, MoN, Shields, Swiftness banner-538pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
Chimera- 245pts
Chimera- 245pts
Chimera- 245pts
6 Dragon ogres, MoN, Great Weapons- 432pts

List B

Daemon Prince - 515 pts
. . Mark of Nurgle
. . Level 4 Wizard
. . Chaos Armor
. . Charmed Shield
. . Sword of Might
. . Flaming Breath
. . Soul Feeder
. . Chaos Familiar
. . Scaled Skin

24 Warriors, FC, MoN, Shields, Halberds- 510pts
18 Warriors, FC, MoN, Shields, Halberds- 390pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
5 Warhounds- 30pts
12 Knights, MoN, FC, Ensorcled Weapons, Gleaming peandent- 575pts
Hellcannon- 210pts
Hellcannon- 210pts

Kayosiv
12-02-2013, 07:01
I'd pick List B because I like the 2 units of warriors rather than 1 single giant unit. I would split the knights into 2 units of six though.

Do note that in list A, you can't mark dragon ogres with nurgle, or anything.

Crelle013
12-02-2013, 14:19
I would say list B as well. Tho I would take a chimera with regen instead of 1 hellcanon and a unit of hounds.

Browncastle
12-02-2013, 15:21
I have a feeling people tell you list B, because they dont see how they could beat a list with 3 chimera`s :p So list A, though I would never buy 3 of them because they will be comped to max 1 or 2 in all tournaments. I quess your using dragon ogres instead of skull crushers because of theme(and looks)?

naloth
12-02-2013, 16:25
For both lists, I would be nervous about relying on one caster, no dispel scroll, no real magic defense, and no good way to generate dice.

For list A, I would guess you're building a warrior horde (10x3) for 40ish attacks? Given that you've built them for defense rather than offense, split up the Warriors into two units, perhaps a bigger one and a smaller support unit. You end up with a similar number of attacks (since you get 2A per front guy) and a bit more flexibility. The DOs can't have MoN and will either by extremely wide or you're giving up attacks since they only get 1 support attack (MC not MI). You might look at Ogres or two units instead.

For list B, I'm guessing you're really going to miss having a BSB. I would split the knights. Lances are also a pretty good deal now unless you need magic weapons or foresee being in protracted battles vs tougher troops. I would go for the S6 on the charge and try to pick battles where first turn charge casualties decide the battle. Two units of halberds are probably unnecessary and duplicate the same function. The one unit could easily be swords and shields instead and against some opponents (say a horde of witch elves) a good defense with more moderate damage output will be a better path to victory.