PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Sorcerer channel and Ld Drain

Vipoid
12-02-2013, 11:16
I believe that chaos sorcerers can now take an item that allows them to channel with 6 dice, but any 1s permanently reduce their Ld by 1 (can't remember what said item is called).

If their Ld is reduced to 0, they die.

Let's say they use this item a few times, and end up reducing their Ld to 1 ot 2.

What happens if their Ld is then reduced to 0 by a different source - such as a Vampire's Aura of Dark Majesty, or the Demonic Banner that grants -2 Ld?

Is the sorcerer killed, or does it only count if the item reduces his Ld to 0?

Hallock
12-02-2013, 11:23
The sorc would only be killed if he consults the skull of katam. The sentence starts with "If the bearer consults the skull".

furrie
12-02-2013, 11:26
It depents on the wording of the item, I don't have the book with me so I can't check it. But if the part that says the char dies when it has a LD of 0 is a continues effect and not part of the roll 6 dice rule, then he would die.

T10
12-02-2013, 11:27
Who knows? Under normal circumstances a model will not die if Leadership is reduced to 0, as opposed to Strength and Toughness.

It seems to me that the "death clause" is dependent on the Ld loss caused by the item itself. Otherwise just having the item in his possession (and not ever suffering any Ld loss from it) would put the bearer at risk of dying due to other Ld-reducing effects that would normally be non-lethal.

-T10

Hallock
12-02-2013, 22:25
I do have the book and it is only when you consult the skull that can remove your wizard from play.

Kalandros
13-02-2013, 06:27
So if you're LD3 and my BSB -2LD Banner is affecting you making you LD1, does the next 1 rolled bring you to zero? :P

furrie
13-02-2013, 07:36
So if you're LD3 and my BSB -2LD Banner is affecting you making you LD1, does the next 1 rolled bring you to zero? :P

From the looks of it, yes