PDA

View Full Version : SO if warhammer is a sport.....

Sexiest_hero
13-02-2013, 17:06
First off i don't this it is, but Iwon't bash people who do. I was just thinking for the people who do think it is, would they be interested in a tv sports style program with a color and play by play commentator? Something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DECaN66tm0k but with better commentating.

IcedCrow
13-02-2013, 17:12
I'd be more into a pro-wrestling format, where people get bashed with steel chairs and their armies set on fire during interview segments, only to have them re-emerge at the world championships four months later with a brand new army to take revenge (complete with revamped entrance music, nike commercials and other endorsements)

Sexiest_hero
13-02-2013, 17:37
so something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDGMxwhxsXM. Lol

Ayin
13-02-2013, 18:17
Ha, Warhammer a sport. Warhammer is a game, it involves skill, but it is in no way a sport. As to how well a televised, or even just structured competition would go, I think the pro-wrestling analogy is pretty close, because without balance, it either ends up being super boring (the same two or three builds win every time), or the odds are heavily shifted/fixed.

Zoolander
13-02-2013, 18:37
Pro wrestling? Egads no!! But a normal sports like channel would be great, as long as it doesn't take itself to seriously, as many channels do.

Kallstrom
13-02-2013, 18:41
I'd be more into a pro-wrestling format, where people get bashed with steel chairs and their armies set on fire during interview segments, only to have them re-emerge at the world championships four months later with a brand new army to take revenge (complete with revamped entrance music, nike commercials and other endorsements)

I would totally follow a show like that. Winning!

IcedCrow
13-02-2013, 19:49
Just imagine it!

Gamer dude standing behind his army on a table. Flexing. "Well you know something brother! That Bobby Preston dude is a total jack-n-ape man! I mean really who does he think he is? Coming down to Nashville TN at Warhammercade 2013 and challenging ME??? ME???? The Sigmarster!!! To a duel for the world championship! The nerve of that n00b! He's not even in the same class as me brother! My steam tank is going to run wild brother!"

And then from out of the shadows, a scrawny neckbeard (Bobby Preston) jumps down onto the table dressed in camo and wearing a big hub-cap sized star of chaos, smashing the dude in the back of the head with a trash can lid. Gamer dude goes down spasming w hile scrawny camo neck beard starts taking him to the shed with the trash can lid. Finally, he starts taking the trashcan lid to the empire models before flinging the steam tank and karl franz model against the wall, and lighting them on fire.

As quick as he arrives he dashes off camera... and Gamer Dude is out of the circuit for three months with severe injuries.

But then at Warhammer-mania held at Caesar's Palace on Pay-Per-View he comes out of nowhere and starts wailing on the camo dude and interrupts his championship match against Dark Duder the Dark Elf sodomite champion. Gamer dude's steam tank pulls off a dozen sixes, pulverizing camo-beard's blood thirster, and for good measure Gamer Dude rips the model's wings off and eats them.

Man I can see Nike and Gatorade lining up now for endorsement rights!!!

Note: All of that stuff was made up, I don't know any Bobby Preston.

IcedCrow
13-02-2013, 19:56
This has inspired me to write a comic strip...

Sexiest_hero
13-02-2013, 19:56
Go for it, I wanna cameo!

quina2525
13-02-2013, 22:35
Just imagine it!

Gamer dude standing behind his army on a table. Flexing. "Well you know something brother! That Bobby Preston dude is a total jack-n-ape man! I mean really who does he think he is? Coming down to Nashville TN at Warhammercade 2013 and challenging ME??? ME???? The Sigmarster!!! To a duel for the world championship! The nerve of that n00b! He's not even in the same class as me brother! My steam tank is going to run wild brother!"

And then from out of the shadows, a scrawny neckbeard (Bobby Preston) jumps down onto the table dressed in camo and wearing a big hub-cap sized star of chaos, smashing the dude in the back of the head with a trash can lid. Gamer dude goes down spasming w hile scrawny camo neck beard starts taking him to the shed with the trash can lid. Finally, he starts taking the trashcan lid to the empire models before flinging the steam tank and karl franz model against the wall, and lighting them on fire.

As quick as he arrives he dashes off camera... and Gamer Dude is out of the circuit for three months with severe injuries.

But then at Warhammer-mania held at Caesar's Palace on Pay-Per-View he comes out of nowhere and starts wailing on the camo dude and interrupts his championship match against Dark Duder the Dark Elf sodomite champion. Gamer dude's steam tank pulls off a dozen sixes, pulverizing camo-beard's blood thirster, and for good measure Gamer Dude rips the model's wings off and eats them.

Man I can see Nike and Gatorade lining up now for endorsement rights!!!

Note: All of that stuff was made up, I don't know any Bobby Preston.

neck beard? I've heard this phrase before, rofl.

IcedCrow
13-02-2013, 23:58
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=neckbeard

:D

IcedCrow
14-02-2013, 02:00
so something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDGMxwhxsXM. Lol

Yes this exactly.

Terrenord
14-02-2013, 13:30
It should be a show like Iron Chef, but the circle of Iron Chefs should all be nerdy neck beards with broken cheese lists. The commentary should have at least one special guest who constantly talks about situations that demonstrate why he doesn't play GW games even though he has a near encyclopedic knowledge of the current rules.

Our challenger today will be playing Yokozuma, who will be bringing his Chaos Masque list. Wait, wait, there has been a change. Yoko has changed his mind, he will be bringing his Teclis High Elf list, and can it be true! I don't think he's bathed in days!! Our challenger has a real uphill battle on his hands with that weak Wood Elf army he's got.

IcedCrow
14-02-2013, 13:32
But then the challenger should be screamed at for wasting the time of the neckbeards with such low powered fluff filth.

tmarichards
14-02-2013, 13:41
Bad Dice did something like this for the most recent UK Masters on their Youtube channel, I think it could really take off- but it could also be quite slow at times and you'd need to have good players who have an idea of what's going on commentating.

Dante blackfur
14-02-2013, 14:41
ROFLMAO!! I just finished reading this thread total epic ness. I would totally get the pay-per-view. :-D

Terrenord
14-02-2013, 18:05
The official sponsors should all be companies concerned with hygiene though. Like, "this battle brought to you by soap."