PDA

View Full Version : Damon Banner and Lore of Light and miscasts?

SanDiegoSurrealist
13-02-2013, 18:36
Sorry if this has been asked before.

There is a banner in the Daemon book that causes all spells from the lore of light to miscast on a roll of double 1s, 2s or 3s. Banner of Sundering I think, no army book in front of me.

Does that affect the daemon player with the banner if he is uses a spell from lore of light; for example if the Blue Scribes cast a spell from Lore of Light does he also suffer the effects of the banner?

What if he use Glean Magic and casts a Spell from Lore of Light?

Not that it is going to matter in a few weeks (new daemon book should be out next month) but I have a game this Sunday and need to know.

Artiee
13-02-2013, 18:58
It will still effect the Blue Scribes. The Great Standard of Sundering stats any spells from the Lore of Light.

Saldiven
13-02-2013, 22:32
It would not apply to casting a Lore of Light spell by first casting Glean Magic.

You do not roll any dice to cast the Lore of Light spell when you cast Glean Magic. You roll dice to cast Glean Magic, and if you successfully cast Glean Magic, you are considered to have cast the target spell at its base casting value.

SanDiegoSurrealist
14-02-2013, 00:46
Ok that is what I suspected, thanks for the quick response. Cheers

Kalandros
14-02-2013, 03:56
It will still effect the Blue Scribes. The Great Standard of Sundering stats any spells from the Lore of Light.

Isn't the Blue Scribes ability a bound spell effect? So no miscast no matter how many double 6s + double 1s/2s/3s for the banner

Artiee
14-02-2013, 13:05
Yep.. Didn't read that far in. Its the last sentence of the ability.