PDA

View Full Version : First List with new Warriors Book

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 19:24
Hi all. I've been playing warriors for years, but this new book has thrown me for a bit of a loop on list writing which I think for the most part is because I want to try ALL the new toys. I finally got a list written that I think I'm happy with.

Lord
Daemon Prince
Nurgle, Level 2 (Nurgle), Wings, Chaos Armour, Scaled Skin, Charmed Shield, Dragonbane Gem, Sword of Striking, Soul Feeder, Flaming Breath

Hero
Exalted Hero
BSB, Mark of Slaanesh, Shield, Allure of Slaanesh, Pendant of Slaanesh

Sorcerer on Palanquin
Mark of Nurgle, Level 2 (Nurgle), Chaos Familiar, Skull of Katam, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield.

Core
23 Chaos Warriors
Mark of Slaanesh, Halberd, Banner of Eternal Flame, Full Command

6 Forsaken
Forsaken of Slaanesh

6 Forsaken
Forsaken of Khorne

Special
Gorebeast Chariot

Gorebeast Chariot

Warshrine
Mark of Tzeentch

12 Chosen
Mark of Nurgle, Shield, Full Command

Rare
Hellcannon

naloth
13-02-2013, 20:27
The palanquin now makes you MC so you can't hide in a unit of infantry anymore. He can be sniped off his mount.

I made a similar mistake with the Familar and Skull before someone pointed out that's two Arcane items. You can't have them both and without the 5+ to channel I don't really rate the Skull very highly.

I'm curious to see how 6 forsaken do. I haven't used them yet.

I'm not sure Chosen are worthwhile now that you can't game the table for a powerful boost. You're probably better off with regular warriors.

I'm also not sure about the Pendant... Seems like you're buying an item where you could be better investing 50 points to win battles than mitigate loss.

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 21:39
I'm not particularly worried about the palanquin being sniped. If he's targetting the sorc with war machines that means he isn't targetting the daemon prince or chariots.

Arg! I knew the Familiar and Skull seemed too good to be true.

The Chosen are in because I like the adaptability you can give them with the 4 dice roll on EotG chart. I deliberately avoided taking them in the old book because of the gamey-ness involved with them.

True enough. Just trying it out to see how it goes. Its not the most optimal setup for it, should really be on a chaos lord with soul feeder but I need to get the daemon prince out of my system first.

naloth
13-02-2013, 22:14
I'm not particularly worried about the palanquin being sniped. If he's targetting the sorc with war machines that means he isn't targetting the daemon prince or chariots.

Ok, I figure you're going to be unhappy when a unit of Handgunners or a Bolt Thrower that wouldn't have much of a shot at injuring your DP decides to polish off your Lvl2 in a single round of shooting.

The Chosen are in because I like the adaptability you can give them with the 4 dice roll on EotG chart. I deliberately avoided taking them in the old book because of the gamey-ness involved with them.

I hadn't considered 4 dicing the EotG roll... I'm not sure it won't be FAQ'ed away since both rules specify 3d and remove one. Even so, what result would you go for on the table? +1S, +1A, +1 Sv, +1T, and another DP all seem like fair choices.

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 22:28
Ok, I figure you're going to be unhappy when a unit of Handgunners or a Bolt Thrower that wouldn't have much of a shot at injuring your DP decides to polish off your Lvl2 in a single round of shooting.

Handgunners? I thought being a different unit type just meant you didn't benefit from "Look out Sir!"

I hadn't considered 4 dicing the EotG roll... I'm not sure it won't be FAQ'ed away since both rules specify 3d and remove one. Even so, what result would you go for on the table? +1S, +1A, +1 Sv, +1T, and another DP all seem like fair choices.

Don't have the book handy, but I believe the warshrine just says roll an additional dice and discard one. If I did read it right then I hope they don't FAQ it as its pretty clear. I just like how this lets me adapt them to my opponent's list. If lots of S3, then +1T means they now wound on 6's or +1save means 2+sv, if against high elves (not likely as nobody here plays them) then +1I cancels out their rerolls to hit from ASF. Against WS 3 armies, +1WS means now hitting on 6's instead of 5's. I can't really think of a situation where the DP would be my first choice, but its still nice to have the option.

Cheers and thanks for the advice. :D

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 22:38
Ah, just looked re: handgunners. If he's a different troop type then I have to assign hits as per the rule for less than 5 rank and file models so he's fine unless I take more hits than there are chosen, then I have to assign them to him. And definately no look out sir for nasty stuff.

naloth
13-02-2013, 22:52
Ah, just looked re: handgunners. If he's a different troop type then I have to assign hits as per the rule for less than 5 rank and file models so he's fine unless I take more hits than there are chosen, then I have to assign them to him. And definately no look out sir for nasty stuff.

Yea, I looked and I see that too. For some reason I thought they could select him as a different unit, but it's clear that you allocate (somewhat evenly) instead. So mostly it's cannon, catapults, flame cannons, and spells that you have to worry about killing him.