PDA

View Full Version : Skull of Katam rules

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 19:31
Was just writing a list and had a question about the skull of katam. It says when you consult the skull you can roll 6 dice instead of 1 when channelling, but I'm a little unclear as to what that means. Does this give you the chance (however unlikely) that you can channel six extra dice, or is it just giving you six chances to channel one extra dice? Seeing as every roll of a 1 gives you -1 Ld, I'm inclined to think its the former. Thoughts?

edit: on the other hand, it is only 15 points...

BattleofLund
13-02-2013, 19:43
Was just writing a list and had a question about the skull of katam. It says when you consult the skull you can roll 6 dice instead of 1 when channelling, but I'm a little unclear as to what that means. Does this give you the chance (however unlikely) that you can channel six extra dice, or is it just giving you six chances to channel one extra dice? Seeing as every roll of a 1 gives you -1 Ld, I'm inclined to think its the former. Thoughts?

Instead of rolling one dice to channel, you roll six dice. For every '6' rolled, you gain one Power Dice - and for every '1', you lose one point of Leadership.

Wharfrat1979
13-02-2013, 19:54
Is that -1 permanent or for just that turn

Mr_Rose
13-02-2013, 20:05
Is that -1 permanent or for just that turn

Permanent. Otherwise the clause about killing you wouldn't be in there as the odds of reducing a Ld9 dude to zero with a max of -6Ld is very near to zero itself.

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 21:17
Instead of rolling one dice to channel, you roll six dice. For every '6' rolled, you gain one Power Dice - and for every '1', you lose one point of Leadership.

Thanks BattleofLund. Don't have the book on me right now but did I just read it wrong? I don't recall it stating that for every 6 you gain a power dice. I just recall it saying that you consult the skull and roll six dice instead of one, but no clear answer on the result besides what happens on 1's.

BattleofLund
13-02-2013, 22:36
I don't recall it stating that for every 6 you gain a power dice.

You're right, it doesn't. I seem to have auto-filled in the blanks, there.

I will have to fall back to the BRB's page 30, which states 'An extra dice is added to the power pool for each roll of a six'. There is no stated limit of 'gaining the maximum of one PD/DD per Wizard' or such, and for example the Arcane Ruins (BRB p124) makes the precedent that a Wizard can contribute more than one PD/DD through channeling.

pointyteeth
13-02-2013, 22:44
Works for me!

Khorneflakes
14-02-2013, 03:39
if it was that bad why wood you take it?