PDA

View Full Version : Sting or Walking cane?

Optimus Anakin
15-02-2013, 23:12
Hello all, long time no see. I have been lurking for ages before I have quit the hobby.Been gone a long while and slowly came back into 40K. Now I finally got The Hobbit An Unexpected Journey box set. So I am putting it together The Burglar Bilbo Baggins. I see we have an option for him. Sting or walking cane.

So I am wondering for those who have bought it, what have you done? There is no way I am going to try and put magnets in, way to small for my limited talents. Have you glued in Sting or the walking stick and why? I am leaning toward the walking stick since it looks good and for me, it reminds me of Bilbo in the movie The Hobbit since he didn't use Sting much. (Haven't read the book yet.)

Same thing goes for Thorin Orkenshield. Do I use the double handed sword or single sword and ork shield? I am not sure what to pick. At first, I thought the double handed sword looks better, but now I see I might want single sword and shield. What have you guys chosen and why?

Nice to be back to Lord of the Rings (and The Hobbit now) and to the forums.

Whitwort Stormbringer
16-02-2013, 11:38
For Bilbo, why not just do two tiny pins? That will allow you to swap them out and doesn't require as much fiddly work as trying to put magnets in there.

For Thorin, I think Orcrist looks much better than the sword & oak shield design, but for gaming purposes I would probably prefer the shield. If taking the sword and shield, I would make a cut to separate them because I think the pose is a bit silly otherwise.

dutchwarlord
17-02-2013, 08:45
You could also give Thorin Orcrist and a Shield, glue Orcrist on normally and cut the shield of the arms and glue it to his belt.
For Bilbo I it doesn't matter game-wise if you give him a stick or Sting, I chose Sting, as I wanted to practise painting a glowing sword...

Dr Death
17-02-2013, 21:02
I went for the walking stick and if i was going to have Thorin as presented i'd probably give him the short sword and oakenshield. In both cases it's because there are other models going to be released which have Bilbo with Sting and Thorin with Orcrist.

Dr Death

Optimus Anakin
18-02-2013, 04:20
I went for the walking stick and if i was going to have Thorin as presented i'd probably give him the short sword and oakenshield. In both cases it's because there are other models going to be released which have Bilbo with Sting and Thorin with Orcrist.

Dr Death

That is what I was thinking of today. So I will use Walking stick and Orkshield. I just noticed that with the set with Gollum, that he has Sting, so will be nice to have something different.

Thanks guys for your opinions, great appreciated.

warvet1956
18-11-2013, 18:29
I would totally go with the Walking Stick (https://www.fashionablecanes.com/hiking_staffs_walking_sticks.html)

GoldenAxe
28-11-2013, 03:16
Stingfor the baller aspects.

GoldenAxe
28-11-2013, 03:17
Sting for the baller aspects.