PDA

View Full Version : Forge World Newsletter #121

Asher
09-06-2005, 16:45
EDIT: Links aren't working again, so I left them out.

In today‚€™s Forge World Newsletter we have updates on which shows you can find us at over the next month or so, some new photos of one of our most impressive models, a downloadable summer catalogue supplement as well as news on the imminent release of some great new models and a new shipping offer too.
Thx,

Ewen Little,
Forge World.

Fantastic New Shipping Offer!
Very simple this one. As of right now, when you place an order with Forge World of ¬£250 or above, then you get COMPLETELY FREE shipping! What‚€™s more, we will also upgrade your order to receive Express Delivery at no extra cost, a double-barrelled deal saving you AT LEAST ¬£25! This is not a short term gimmick either; we at Forge World see this offer being available for everyone to use for quite some time. There are a few ways to take advantage of this new shipping offer: Combining your order with one or more friends or perhaps placing your order together with others from your wargaming club? Of course we have quite a few very large models in our range, buying any one of which will get you free express shipping! Check how much you‚€™re spending too. If your order is about ¬£220-230 then I must advise spending that extra ¬£20-30 on some more models or books and hit that magic ¬£250 mark so you do not have to pay for your shipping. This way you end up paying the same amount for your order but get a whole lot more for your money.

Out and About
This Saturday, June 11th, Forge World will be at Warhammer World in Nottingham for the Cry Havoc! Hobby Day. Of course Forge World is going to be joining in with Operation Armoured Assault, the UK wide world record attempt for the most tanks used in a linked battle. We will have a range of heavily armed and armoured machineries of destruction available to ‚€˜test-drive‚€™ on the day so you can decide which tank or weapon best suits your needs before buying it! A huge tank-tastic day like Saturday wouldn‚€™t be complete without the biggest, baddest tank of all would it? As long as there isn‚€™t a huge blizzard or it doesn‚€™t tip it down with rain all day we will have our unique 1/6th scale radio controlled Baneblade rumbling around outside. If you haven‚€™t seen Forge World‚€™s biggest ever model then this is your chance to see and hear our monster in action. If you can‚€™t make it to Nottingham this weekend then we hope that you can catch up with us at some of the other shows and events we‚€™re attending this summer. Without going into too much detail and clogging up the newsletter I do have a list of where we will be over the next month or so and we have just updated the Forge World Events page where you can click on the event you are most interested in for details. July is when I get busy travelling again as we have Conflict! London on the 10th and then the truly massive War and Peace show down in Kent from the 20th through to the 24th! (Five days camping in a field! Help!!) A few days later I pop over to the US for Games Day Chicago on the 30th. I do get a little bit of a break as our annual trip to Cologne for Games Day Germany isn‚€™t until August 28th. If anyone would like to place a reservation order for collection at any of these events, either give one of our guys a call on the phone or drop us an email titled ‚€˜Forge World Reservation‚€™ with your name, the event you want to collect your order at and the list of what you want us to pack up especially for you. We‚€™ll confirm all the details with you as we get closer to each date and make sure your order is sitting waiting for you.

Link: Take me to the Forge World Events page.

The Thunderlord Cometh!
In the last issue of the Newsletter I talked a little about this bad boy and I‚€™m glad to say he‚€™s all done and ready to go on sale. Unlike the previous two Ogre Rhinox Cavalry Daniel made, the Thunderlord does not use any plastic components, instead it is a complete resin kit and a good bit larger as you might notice. The size of this model really is quite something; I‚€™m writing this with the Thunderlord model sitting next to my Snotling Pumpwagon and Gobbo 3 Wolf Chariot and today is as close as they are ever going to get if I have anything to say about it. The complete Thunderlord is about 120mm/5 inches tall and that isn‚€™t a cavalry base he‚€™s standing on, it‚€™s a chariot base! I think perhaps my favourite part of this model is the little Gnoblar wearing a fake peg-leg to imitate his boss. I am beginning to think a little bit about adding some super-heavy cavalry to my Orc and Goblin army now, hmm‚€¶. If like me you are tempted to add one of these huge monsters to your collection it is available to pre-order now for release from Monday July 4th.

Link: See pictures of the beast here...

Terminators Decorated for Valour
Space Marine Terminators are perhaps the most fearless and valiant warriors defending the Imperium and to shield Humanity from the alien and the heretic they are given only the best weapons and armour that their Chapter can provide. To help make your squads of new plastic Space Marine Terminators become a focal point of your army and the envy of your peers, Forge World are pleased to release the next two sets of Terminator Shoulder Pads with a pack for the Raptors Space Marine Chapter and another that can be used for both the Imperial Fists and the Crimson Fists Chapters. Both the Fists and Raptors Terminator Shoulder Pads are available to pre-order now for release from Monday July 20th.

Link: Click here to take a look at the new shoulder pads.

Fresh from the Painting Table
A few days ago we had another of our larger new models returned after being painted. To be completely honest this is the second time that Fil brought our huge Chaos Dragon back to us because he wasn‚€™t 100% satisfied with the work and knew he could do better! I think Fil has done an amazing job with this model as it is just so enormous and positively dripping with fine detail crying out for careful painting. Well done mate.

Link: See what Fil has managed to do...

New Downloadable Catalogue Supplement
You know, when we publish a catalogue it seems to be out of date almost immediately because the guys downstairs make more new models! Well we‚€™re halfway through the year and we have quite a number of models that aren‚€™t in our catalogue. Our solution is to make supplement sheets that we can keep changing as new models are released and send these out with each catalogue. But it is still possible that quite a number of you don‚€™t have one of our most up to date supplements and rather than send out thousands of envelopes all over the world we thought it would be easier to let you download it as a .pdf file. The file isn‚€™t too large, a little bit over 1meg, but has enough resolution if you want to print a few copies off. I hope you all do have a copy of our 2005 catalogue by now? If not please just send us an email with your name and postal address to ForgeWorldCatReq@games-workshop.co.uk and we shall send one to you right away.

Link: Download the .pdf catalogue supplement here...

Forge World
Games Workshop
Willow Road, Lenton Lane
Nottingham, NG7 2WS

Phone: 0115 916

plasmadaemon
09-06-2005, 16:52
The links don't work.

but i feel hatred because FW is coming up with awesome stuff but it's so expensive!

Asher
09-06-2005, 17:36
The links don't work.

but i feel hatred because FW is coming up with awesome stuff but it's so expensive!

FW links seldomly work, so I save me the time to include them.

Yes indeed. Free shipping for £250 and above...yeah great!

Brimstone
09-06-2005, 19:46
For the lazy the only 40K related item are Raptor and Fists Terminator shoulder pads that you can see here. (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/termsp1.htm)

I like 'em especially the Fists. :cool:

athamas
09-06-2005, 21:32
lol, i posted this in the general discusion... as its not really romours

and my links work :p

anyway,

pads look excelent, i think i will get some for me terminators!

t-tauri
09-06-2005, 22:22
Does anyone know why Forgeworld's mailer puts all the characters in for the apostrophe. I get it to two email addresses and they both have it. When I complained about it to FW they said it was some fault in my mailer-since it seems to happen to everyone and is annoying to boot why don't they stop it?

Jericho
09-06-2005, 23:02
If it's a bug in their software, maybe they can't fix it. There used to be a lot of people on forums that had to use the ` on the ~ button instead of an apostrophe, might be for similar reasons?

Anyway those Termi pads are looking great as always... makes me wonder when they're going to do Deathwing or Ravenguard :cool: Sadly I'll need like 7 packs of Deathwing pads, which I don't imagine will be cheap.

Randallw
10-06-2005, 04:45
The new pads are much better than the Ultra pads I got last week :mad: what with the extra bits on chains and such.

boogle
10-06-2005, 08:30
Its nice to see that they are looking at saving peoples postage as most people end up spending £250 easily on all of the nice stuff they have

Jedi152
10-06-2005, 08:33
Grrrrrrrr :mad:

No Tallarns again.

I'm beginning to get really bored of FW just churning out SM pads and rhino doors, and rediculus things like ogre cavalry that no one will ever buy.

*sigh* Maybe next month...

boogle
10-06-2005, 08:34
well the heavy weapons teasm are still to be released as are the vehicle crews

Randallw
10-06-2005, 09:07
Its nice to see that they are looking at saving peoples postage as most people end up spending £250 easily on all of the nice stuff they have

I'd have to take a serious look at what I was doing if I spent ₤250 on FW stuff :(

Enazel
10-06-2005, 09:35
You do what my friends and me do, combine orders. Places that offer free shipping from over a certain amount tend to get combined orders from my friends and I. 250 quid wouldn't take much for 3 or 4 people to do.

charlie_c67
10-06-2005, 09:38
What was wrong with your pads randall? Wonder if they'll produce generic pads with a blank disc for you to paint your chapter symbol on.

XaNder
10-06-2005, 10:00
:wtf:
[No Coment]

Ruskins
10-06-2005, 11:30
Must have Tallarn Heavy weapon teams *wheeps*

Woah, de ja vous...

boogle
10-06-2005, 16:31
its just a couple of super heavys or a titan or the base cost of an Elysian Drop Trooper Army

Spacejens
10-06-2005, 21:18
It certainly looks as if I can add terminator shoulder pads to the list of accessories I buy from Forgeworld the next time I order... :)

Lostanddamned
10-06-2005, 22:07
Does anyone else feel that the quality of the Forge World newsletter has gone down in quality and "I MUST HAVE!" factor after the Elysians.

Randallw
11-06-2005, 04:23
What was wrong with your pads randall? Wonder if they'll produce generic pads with a blank disc for you to paint your chapter symbol on.

There was nothing wrong with them per se. I only got them for the better Terminator honours. Just that as I said the new ones are better because of the chains and stuff on the other side. I don't go in for painting symbols anyway (except for squad emblem), I prefer to make green stuff emblems, which I plan to place over the Ultras. At the same time I ordered a Pre-Heresy LR, while we are talking about buying alot, and I had to go with the Ultra doors, but I have a plan for them so It's working out well. As for sharing a FW order with friends, I'd have to have friends into FW, or GW for that matter :cries: ;) .

Cypher
11-06-2005, 06:20
I agree with the sentiment on the Termie pads: I like the Ultramarine ones and am very happy to have them adorn all my terminators, however the Fist and Raptor sets (especially the Raptors) are considerably nicer and more detailed.

As for the free shipping. A nice bonus, but if I spend 250+ pounds at Forgeworld in one go, as an Aussie I'll be paying import tax and GST on top of that. Which will actually end up costing me more in the long run.

rkunisch
11-06-2005, 07:53
Does anyone else feel that the quality of the Forge World newsletter has gone down in quality and "I MUST HAVE!" factor after the Elysians.
No, I do not think that the qualtity has gone down in quality. As a matter of fact, I think the new style newsletter is better organized. Regarding the contents, it certainly depends on your personal taste. I thought the Elysians looked nice, but they have not the MUST HAVE factor. Why? Because, I do not consider to start an Imperial Guard army anytime soon. I am more into Fantasy anyways. I have to say, that the new Ogre Rhinox is certainly one of their better pieces (nothing compared to Avians personal convertion, granted ;)) although I do not think that I will buy one either.

No, all in all I think that Forge World continously makes remarkable stuff and the newsletter always contains good stuff.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Randallw
11-06-2005, 11:42
I agree with the sentiment on the Termie pads: I like the Ultramarine ones and am very happy to have them adorn all my terminators, however the Fist and Raptor sets (especially the Raptors) are considerably nicer and more detailed.

As for the free shipping. A nice bonus, but if I spend 250+ pounds at Forgeworld in one go, as an Aussie I'll be paying import tax and GST on top of that. Which will actually end up costing me more in the long run.

Well I spent about $200 and I believe I paid about $20 of that in postage (they send it by airmail, took only a week)