PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts WoC Ld bomb army

cabowers
17-02-2013, 16:41
Sorcerer Lord, Lvl 4, Mark of Slaanesh, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield. - Slaanesh

Sorcerer, Lvl 2, Dispel Scroll - death
Sorcerer, Lvl 2 - death
Exalted Hero, BSB, Dragonhelm, Halberd

30 Chaos Warriors, Mark of Slaanesh, Standard of Discipline, Full Command, Halberds

3 Dragon ogres, Great Weapons

Hellcannon

Hellcannon

Ok so the simple idea is to combine Doom and Darkness with any of the Slaanesh spells but mainly Phantasmagoria to then boost the chances of a Hellcannon making units run off the board.

Blood and Glory will be a bit of a pain and Watchtower might be awkward but then the Ld Bomb tactics will work there anyway. Also with death at least if I do get in a spot of bother there is a chance I can always Purple Sun my way out of it.

Anyway C&C welcome

Ratarsed
17-02-2013, 22:15
I've never found magic to be a reliable tool. Your army seems incredibly small. How are you going to deal with a couple of poor magic phases? Or your opponent passing his panic checks or just not caring because he's immune to psychology? I just get the feeling its a gimmick that will fail as often as it succeeds.

zielonkak
18-02-2013, 02:00
I feel that there ur too many points invested in characters and that your only real threat is a unit of warriors that people can just steer clear of. You can get away with cutting the warriors down to like 6 by three, cut Atleast on hero sorcerer and add some more threats. Maybe add some things with breath weapons to widdel down units, or some fast monsters to also make opponents make more leadership tests. Fear and terror can be nasty. A chimera or shaggoth can be very useful.

Kartoffelsalat
21-02-2013, 07:43
I would recommend a different tactic. Make a slaneesh daemon prince with wings, lvl 4 of shadows and the spell familiar so you are nearly guaranteed steed of shadows, (40 in move? Yes plz). Then make 1 lvl 2 of slaneesh scroll caddy, a bsb, and make that warrior block 16-18 strong 6-5 wide respectively. I don't like the hell cannons with the build I'd much rather see either terror causing monsters ( chimeras to work with the dp), or even marauder fast cav (10 of these guys naked with Mon can wreck enemy support units). I think you need those terror causing units in melee quickly and running them down so you don't have to fight too hard to gain your points.

BeastBoogie
21-02-2013, 10:38
Hellcannons are only really useful for making people run off the table in the first turn. If you face a combat army, they will come running towards you every turn, so chances are they won't run of the table even if they panic.

I agree with Kartoffelsalat, terror causing creatures, maybe combined with one Hellcannon, is probably better, since they can charge fleeing units, run units down, and actually kill stuff in close combat.