PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil recruitment thread

Spangley Special
22-05-2006, 12:02
ok so the Rp is in a critical near death situation but luckilly we are at a point when charcters can easilly be written in or out so who wants in or out basically. We are about to enter the next "chapter" of the rp and i intend to be more active but at the mo there appears to not be enough player charcters.... oh and this is the new OOC thread.

Cpt. Drill
22-05-2006, 15:05
I wouldnt mind having a gander at it!

Count me in!

Bmaxwell
22-05-2006, 20:04
I want a shot at it what type of characters are you looking for?

Chuffy
22-05-2006, 20:52
I'd be interested.

Is the RPG more "lolol uber characters kung-fuing zombeeeesss" or "interesting characters caught up in zombie invasion"?

If it's the first I might not be so interested.

marineowar
23-05-2006, 05:24
I'm in. "This message is too short..."

Spangley Special
23-05-2006, 13:01
So the first chapter (which is now finnished) was very "lolol uber characters kung-fuing zombeeeesss", but we have since lost a major team member and may lose more depending on wether the old players are still interested, the team are starting to run low on ammo and i want it all to turn a little more desperate and a bit more charcter driven rather than lots of fighting and one liners.

Ok so here is a run down of what has happened so far.

Latham City (which neighbours Racoon city) Police Department received a radio transmission from the RPD building, it was of a low quality and at times inaudiable, but it did detail an attack on the RPD building by what the radio operator called Cannables.

LCPD dispatched their STARS Alpha team (the PCs) to investigate/rescue survivours (they are special tactics and rescue squad after all)

The STARS fly across the ackerley mountains to the RPD building in their huey.

The team encountered some survivours in the large entrance hall, a mix of civillians (one of which was a PC) and generic cops.

After encountering fighting off some zombies they retreated to the roof, where they found the chopper destroyed (by what they later would discover were hunters)

The Team re-entered the police station barcading the door behind them.

Once again they gathered in the entrance hall. The team split up with most the STARS going to the RPD STARS office to use the radio t call for extraction. While John (the STARS token sniper) stayed with the civillians.

The STARS had to fight through some zombies and then two lickers to get to the stars office.

While the surviours + John got attacked by william birkins in one of his early mutations.

The STARS team heard gun shots and a chopper and ran up stairs to see Hunk who opened fire at them before being extracted by an umbrella chopper.

the STARS squad then had to fight off william birkins and gabriel (the team leader) got critally wounded.

The STARS procedded to the STARS office where after fixing it they used the radio to call for extraction.

Every one then assembled on the roof where they were then attacked by hunters, which they killed before the Bravo team chopper and a medic arrived.

Thats where we are now so new characters can be survivours from racoon (as the chopper will have to do two ar three trips each one lasting about twenty minutes, to get evry on back to latham) so that'd be either civillians (who may be armed), generic RPD officers or we can have one or two STARS Bravo team members but pretty much anything that makes sense just check it by me first.

Bmaxwell
23-05-2006, 16:11
What about a Umbrella Mercanary?

nikolai7
23-05-2006, 16:16
well i shall continue to hang about..

Cpt. Drill
23-05-2006, 23:58
So would you like for us to post a proposed character?

WHat kind of credentials do you want?

Weight? Age? Background? weapons?

Spangley Special
26-05-2006, 10:29
ok so preferably members of the survivours (as in civvis or rpd officers) not umbrella merceneys (well not just yet at least) i'd like a physical description (including height, eye colour, hair colour weight, age ect)

Profession

Background of how you charcter came to the RPD building to seek shelter.

Weapons/equipment

Any notable skills (ie lock picking/firearms ect)

this would be ideal but add anything you feel apporpiate

marineowar
26-05-2006, 13:31
My character again so we don't have to refer to two threads for all the character profiles.

Name: Dernan Vack
Role: Demolitions
Experience: Served with the marines for 3 years as a demolitions expert before being transfered to a new unit.
Appearance: Standing about 5'7", Dernan has a very solid build. He's not particularly fast but when he hits, he hits hard. Wears fatigues to match the terrain with dull black boots and usually a black cap. Keeps his hair short to keep it from annoying him. also wears a bandoleer to keep shotty shells in
Equipment: Pump action shotgun. Five shells in the gun, 5 on his bandoleer . Has 20 more in his equiptment pack. 5 fragmentation grenades. 1 C4 charge. Water Canteen. Combat knife. Sig P228 service pistol.

See you in the city

Spangley Special
26-05-2006, 16:30
thanks marineowar i'll post the profiles of the NPCs next week... i wont be online till tues day or wednesday now though..

Cpt. Drill
28-05-2006, 11:55
Name: 'Fat Stan'
Profession: Biker bar owner/ tough guy
Experience: HE has been on the wrong side of the tracks for a long time, An Awarded veteran at the local firing range winning a few golds to match. Owns the local biker bar so knows a few tricks on dealing with trouble. Despite his apperance he is remarkable cunning and clever... with good general knowledge and area knowledge. Fought in veitnam where he learnt to pilot a helocopter.
Appearance: Stands 6'3" is very muscular which is covered with a nice layer of fat, has no facial or head hair. Wears an illfitted dirty T-shirt with some kids cartoon character on it a leather waist coat and jeans. Also a pair of rugged spiked steel to capped boots.
Equipment: Two hip flasks filled with Illegal high octain alcohol, I magnum 44, 30+rounds, A sawnoff shotgun with 20+ rounds, a 12" knife secrued in his boot, A knuckle duster. Spiked steel toe caps on his boots.

vampking111
30-05-2006, 20:50
OHHH this sounds tooo cool.
I'm in!

Name: Sgt. McGrunner

Profession: RPD officer/RPD SWAT

Experience: Joined the RPD at the ripe age of 19, straight from school. Served as a beat cop for the first few years, before continuing on and getting a rank. He was part of a raid on a drugs bust, at the age of 29 and took up a fallen SWAT officers ridle and took out the ring leader with a brilliant shot to the leg, so he could still stand trial.
He continued in to SWAT, after the SWAT officer see his skills.

Appearance: Tall, approximatly 6 foot. He seems bulkier than he ius, but this is due to the full SWAT uniform he put on before heading out to face the Cannibles. His face is a mass of scar tissue for a left cheeck after a shotgun blast took him.

Equipment: M16 with laser sight and 5 spare mags. 9mm glock with 2 spare mags, flash grenade and stun grenades.

NOTE!! I will add more later but have to get off the comp now.

Chuffy
30-05-2006, 22:16
Name: Nikolai Antonov

Profession: Plumber, ex-Red Army Officer

Experience: Served in the USSR's Red Army for a period of years and fought in Afghanistan. After the collapse of Communism he moved to America as he couldn't stand seeing his beloved motherland capitalist. He took up a job as a plumber in Racoon city in the early ninties.

Appearance: A gaunt pale face with dark eyes, slicked back black hair. He stands at around 6' 4" and is very wiry. Slight stubble on his face and a scowl. He wears a black trenchcoat over a white buttoned shirt and a pair of grey jeans.

Equipment: A Colt Kingcobra pistol with a 10" long barrel, named "The Equaliser", customised by Nikolai himself. He carries 30 extra rounds in a bandolier under his trenchcoat. An 8" long knife is hidden in his shoe. He also carries a crowbar.

More often than not Nikolair will prefer to use the crowbar as it can dispatch zombies with it as easily as the Equaliser. Nikolai believes the Equaliser should only be used in extreme circumstances, when it is TIME TO EQUALISE!

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2006, 22:29
One question... why would a man who hates capitilism spreading through his country... move to the most capialist country in the world which also has a long history of war with his?

Chuffy
30-05-2006, 22:33
One question... why would a man who hates capitilism spreading through his country... move to the most capialist country in the world which also has a long history of war with his?

Because he doesn't have that much against capitalism, he just hates to see his beloved home country like that. Anywhere else is fine.

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2006, 22:38
Isnt that a contradiction!?

If you were to say that he loves communism......

But he hates seeing his country capitalist... but not capitilism..!?

Chuffy
30-05-2006, 22:42
Sure he doesn't like capitalism, but it disgusts him to see his country like that. He can't bear living there and seeing dollar signs next to the Kremlin.

Of course...a quiet mountain town in the middle of rural america, politics and political ideology dont meant anything there. There will be no trouble...right?

Cpt. Drill
30-05-2006, 22:46
Ahhh.... Why didnt you say that earlier...!

He only needs to worry about.... big cats and bears.... but i guess thats why he has the EQUILIZER!

Spangley Special
31-05-2006, 08:59
ok just a couple of things....

Cpt Drill - lose the sawn off and the charcter is fine

Vampking111 - lose the spare mags for the m16 (leaving you with just 30 rounds, or lose the m16 all together) and thats cool

Chuffy - every thing is fine could be quite cool as we have Yuri, an ex-red army officer in our STARS team

ok the reasons for these changes are because i am trying to change the tone of the RP towards more desperation as the incident has been goin a few days now so surrplys are running low, people are exhausted ect

vampking111
31-05-2006, 11:46
Ok fine i can understand you wanting a more life and death sitruation.

So here is my changed Character

Name: Sgt. McGrunner
Profession: RPD officer/RPD SWAT
Experience: Joined the RPD at the ripe age of 19, straight from school. Served as a beat cop for the first few years, before continuing on and getting a rank. He was part of a raid on a drugs bust, at the age of 29 and took up a fallen SWAT officers ridle and took out the ring leader with a brilliant shot to the leg, so he could still stand trial.
He continued in to SWAT, after the SWAT officer see his skills.
Appearance: Tall, approximatly 6 foot. He seems bulkier than he ius, but this is due to the full SWAT uniform he put on before heading out to face the Cannibles. His face is a mass of scar tissue for a left cheek after a shotgun blast took him. During a raid gone a bit wrong.
Equipment: M16 with laser sight, 1 half full mag(15 rounds and 1 full spare 30). 9mm Glock with 2 spare mags, flash grenade and smoke grenades. and a flashlight.

Hope that matches more of what you want.
If theres any more problems tell me and I'll change it

Bmaxwell
31-05-2006, 22:14
This is real rough but i just need a character to play is this allright?

Seth Oak

After a shady past with organized crime Seth left the city life and his past behind him and moved into a cabin in the woods outside of town. He has lived there for the Past few years but recently he caught a nasty cold and adimted him self into the hospital and then the outbreak begun.

Equipment; Nothing

Skills: Sleath, Small arms, knives, and wilderness survival

is that enough?

Cpt. Drill
01-06-2006, 13:49
Name: 'Fat Stan'
Profession: Biker bar owner/ tough guy
Experience: HE has been on the wrong side of the tracks for a long time, An Awarded veteran at the local firing range winning a few golds to match. Owns the local biker bar so knows a few tricks on dealing with trouble. Despite his apperance he is remarkable cunning and clever... with good general knowledge and area knowledge. Fought in veitnam where he learnt to pilot a helocopter.
Appearance: Stands 6'3" is very muscular which is covered with a nice layer of fat, has no facial or head hair. Wears an illfitted dirty T-shirt with some kids cartoon character on it a leather waist coat and jeans. Also a pair of rugged spiked steel to capped boots.
Equipment: Two hip flasks filled with Illegal high octain alcohol, I magnum 44, 30+rounds, A sawnoff shotgun with 2 rounds, a 12" knife secrued in his boot, A knuckle duster. Spiked steel toe caps on his boots.

Better...

I imagine he came from the bar with the sawn off.... and I want to see him fighting with the pistol in one hand and the sawn off in the other!

Spangley Special
02-06-2006, 11:49
yeah all seems ok.... no offence Bmaxwell but can you make his past a little more mundane than ex-hitman... even mafia wiseguy would be ok

Bmaxwell
02-06-2006, 12:09
Thats fine I had huge wirters block (stupid finals and SAT's have something to do with that :D) I'll take a look at it again when I get home form school.

Bmaxwell
03-06-2006, 20:52
Seth Oak

After a shady past with organized crime as a small run boy. Once a bust went bad Seth took the getaway car and drove as fast as he could away form the crime scene. knowing that if he stayed in the city he would have been dead he only have one options.

Seth left the city life and his past behind him and moved into a cabin in the woods outside of town. He has lived there for the Past few years but recently he caught a nasty cold and adimted him self into the hospital and then the outbreak begun.

Equipment; Nothing

Skills:Small arms, knives, and wilderness survival

Hows that?

Spangley Special
06-06-2006, 09:43
i'm really sorry but due to personal commitments... (exams, coursework and an inquisitor campain i am running) i won't be able to run this rp... i will finish it off for the existing players if they wish