PDA

View Full Version : Which axe should I use? (Space wolf terminator)

ilovelamp55
28-02-2013, 00:08
Hi guys, I'm making some Wolf Guard terminators and I want to give them all power axes. However there are a few problems with this, the first being only 1 axe is included per box, and the second problem being they are sold out on pretty much all the sites I've looked on, so I was wondering what axes everyone else used to kit out their army.
Are there any axes from other armies that I could take the axehead from?

Gig
28-02-2013, 00:16
Khorne Berserker Axes, requires minor conversion

The Anarchist
28-02-2013, 00:58
most of the old chaos warriors from WHF work well as pretty massive and look sutibly large and brutal whilst fitting easily with terminators, I just painted mine up blue blade to look like frost weapons :)

druchii
28-02-2013, 01:01
The space wolf infantry box has a double-handed aze.

The space wolf thunderwolves box has one as well..

d

hobojebus
28-02-2013, 16:26
Forge world now does chain axes that may work for you.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/LEGION_PHOBOS_CHAINAXE_SET.html

Wishing
28-02-2013, 16:45
I guess the "technically WYSIWYG" thing to do is to get power axes from some other source, though I have no good suggestions. One of my berzerkers has a power axe, but I cannot remember where I got it from.

An alternative and still "technically WYSIWYG" option is to take an axe, any axe, and add some cabling along the axe blade like all power weapons have. Then the weapon will look like a power axe even though it didn't start out as one.

If you're not overly concerned with WYSIWYG, you can draw on the entire WHFB range to get any kind of axe you might like, and just say that it is a power axe where the cables have been set up internally instead of externally.

ilovelamp55
28-02-2013, 20:34
Cheers guys, yea I was looking at some WHF axes, especially the double headed ones might work. What do you's think of this one http://www.bitzbox.co.uk/product_info.php/forgeworld-mkiv-weapons-power-axe-left-p-9628?osCsid=0dfaf3633da7736a5db5499c7a4315c9
I've also got a problem tht i could use your help with, My plan was to use all the thunder hammers in my box that I wasn't gonna use and cut off their heads and attach axe heads to them, the only problem is that all my thunderhammers are right handed and so are my storm bolters, so do any of you know how I can get my men to have both axes and stormbolters? pretty much the only left hands that are in the box are power fists and chain fists.