PDA

View Full Version : Woodies

Warlord Queek
09-06-2005, 16:45
I was wondering, after having seen all the WE models, who would be able to dare call these models bad-looking. So I started a poll to find it.

Lady's Champion
09-06-2005, 17:51
They are so call except the one Elven Mage-ess I don't like with the arms spread out looks crap next to her drawing all the rest amazing

Griefbringer
09-06-2005, 19:46
I haven't been paying too much attention to the pictures yet - will probably rectify that once I see them on WD.

amagi
09-06-2005, 20:09
There should have been an option:
"I love them, except for the PIGEON SURFERS"

EffCee
09-06-2005, 20:21
I'm impressed so far. Nothing that I don't like. The weakest link at the moment is the treekin IMO, but I think that a decent paint job will sort that out. I also think that the sprites look AWFUL with that 'hey look at me!' colour scheme. A more neutral colour I think.
The Highborn (terrible name) is fantastic, and from what i have seen of the Wardancers I am impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing the Treeman and Orion and the Warhawk surfers are not as bad as I thought they would be.
Overall 9 out of 10. 10 when I've painted them myself :rolleyes:

Warlord Queek
09-06-2005, 23:59
I'm very sorry :D

I'm looking forward to seeing the Treeman
I've heard that these models are truly bad-looking. I'm not sure if you really want to have a look at the new model

Crazy Harborc
10-06-2005, 01:06
Based on a rumor on the price of the soon(?) to be released Woodies armybox........I just may buy the darn box. It's also possible I'll settle for a couple of regt. boxes and use the old stuff for the rest.

samw
10-06-2005, 02:11
I don't like the mages, but I like everything else.

Inquis. Jaeger
10-06-2005, 02:11
They do look lovely, but up close the archers don't look quite as good as I expected, and whilst the mage is nice, she looks nowhere near as cool as her picture. The Treekin look a little bit goofy as well

Eversor
10-06-2005, 06:55
Personally I don't like the plastic models at all. I'm not quite sure what it is, but they look like flat-faced toys more than model soldiers. The metals are okay, but I'm not too happy about the scenic bases. I prefer to build those myself, thankyouverymuch.

Too bad really, this could have been the army that finally tipped me back over to WHFB.
Ah well, I'll wait for the Chaos Dwarfs ;)

macbeth
10-06-2005, 07:49
Well, I've never liked Wood Elves, so I'm not really impartial...

The highborn is quite nice, so are the wood spirits (dryads and so on). But, as for the rest... I don't like skinny miniatures, so...

Galonthar
10-06-2005, 08:11
fallen... in ..love... at last..... :chrome:

or something like that..... :p
I somply love all the moels,.. the mages are quite good (the drawings are better though...),.... eternal guard are a little stiff, waywatchers should get their old clothes back,....

BUT

treemen (or are theythe treeKIN,...?...hm whatever.) are TERRIBLE....
but I suppose its the pics that suck,...

Warlord Queek
10-06-2005, 10:47
So actually no-one likes the WE mages?!
I think, just as Galonthar, that the drawings are better than the models, BUT still I like the model.
GW could have given her some more clothes ( :eek: ) adn give her arms a more natural stance

Lord Setra
10-06-2005, 11:53
I really like the new models.

The new horses are amazing and the lord with the great sword is possibly the best model I have seen for a while.

Just my thoughts

Crazy Harborc
11-06-2005, 02:25
I saw a signup/preorder list at the local GW store today. The full list price quoted as $215(USA)..........Now, I'll search around for a discounted price. Hey GW doesn't give senior citizen discounts.

Kelroth
11-06-2005, 10:49
That double-handed-weapon Highborn is awesome. The rest is pretty good.

Crazy Harborc
11-06-2005, 20:48
Well, my wheels are turning for ways to keep the expense of a Woodies army down. The best bet is to share armies with another Woodie player. I still want to be able to field a decent sized army.......2500 to 3000 points is what we all prefer around here.

Crube
11-06-2005, 21:04
I agree that the artwork for the mage (arms out) is better than the model, but it's still damn cool (which is slightly worse than the rest of the range which rates as ***kin' gorgeous in my book)

Gethalorre
12-06-2005, 18:02
The "fighty" characters are awesome, and so are the wardancers. I haven't seen the warhawk surfers though...

Brandir
12-06-2005, 18:29
The models look pretty damned good. But I'll still be using Treebeard as my Treeman model and Gwahir as my Giant Eagle!

The boyz
12-06-2005, 20:28
I like the new Woodies I think they are pretty good. There isnt really one minature that I would say isnt that good.

Quetzl
13-06-2005, 19:54
I love them in model terms and the way they have been designed... But I suppose that we are going to have to wait for the Rules to see just how powerful they really are.

Galonthar
14-06-2005, 12:17
I love them in model terms and the way they have been designed... But I suppose that we are going to have to wait for the Rules to see just how powerful they really are.

what I`ve seem from those rules so far, they are quite decent,...
I only wonder if there`s a "fire in 2 ranks rule" for the woodies,... they are the most expert marksmen after all

Ethereal Alpaca
14-06-2005, 19:29
I love what I've seen, but haven't really been bothered to take a good lok at most of them. Highborn is badly named, Forest lord was better, even if it was cheesy.

I only wonder if there`s a "fire in 2 ranks rule" for the woodies,... they are the most expert marksmen after all
Nah, GW are finally coming away from the "shooty army" style of WEs, so I doubt it.

GW could have given her some more clothes ( :eek: ) adn give her arms a more natural stance

Pfft. You seen the Daemonettes? :p

Lord_Sanguinius
15-06-2005, 19:50
does anyone know if there is a place to view the pictures? admin. said no links but i think you can give the site name.

Zeb
15-06-2005, 19:55
Check the Rumors page, the is a Wood Elf Pics compilation-thread.

Maese Crochets
15-06-2005, 20:23

Well, actually falcons are very similar to pigeons.They certainly aren't eagles, you know? I think know they look more like falcons than before

Galonthar
16-06-2005, 06:48
Well, actually falcons are very similar to pigeons.They certainly aren't eagles, you know? I think know they look more like falcons than before

the warhawks (pigeons, eagles... etc...) still look quite decent,...its the riders that are crap

Badgobbla
16-06-2005, 11:24
I think the models we've seen up 'till now are some of the most beautiful elves GW has ever produced (but this is of course only my opinion). I already played High Elves (the old models) and those were kinda lacking something, something I find in these new WE models. Lets hope this trend will continue to all other armies they produce.