PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine Comparison

ZorroRooster
01-03-2013, 22:26
I'm extremely new to 40k (I dont have any minis except the one I got to keep when I learned the basics of painting at my local GW store).

I'm currently undertaking the long and arduous process of saving up for a 40k starter set (the space marine/chaos marine one). I dont have any friends that play, and so have no access to any rules or chapter specific codices. So far, I've done the only thing a broke person can do: read the wiki. Ive been reading up on SM chapters, mostly the more well known ones, and I'd like to, once I have the money, create a chapter specific army.

So I pose a rather daunting (or at least a potentially long) thread question. What are the major chapters with which you can build an entire army, and what are their pros and cons?

Off the top of my head, I can think of Salamanders, Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Ultramarines.

I absolutely love the backstory and fluff for the Dark Angels, and the video game Space Marine got me into the Ultramarines. I'm thinking of going all DA or all Ultramarine when finances allow.

Could I get some help so I dont waste what little money I'll have on an army I may wind up hating?

Starting out this will just be for fun, but I'd like to eventually take part in tournaments.

Commissar Davis
01-03-2013, 23:51
Also try the Lexicanum (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page), and if you really want a Space Marine army and have questions, try here (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/)

There are effectively 5 variations of Loyalist Space Marines. You have those of the Codex Space Marines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Black Templars. I would suggest NOT starting Black Templars, it is a very old codex and suffers for it and is way past due for an update.

Of the Loyalists, Space Wolves, Codex and Dark Angels will probably be the friendliest for a new player. Space Wolves will probably offer more in the way of making your stuff look cool as well.

Then there are Grey Knights, which can be good are are pretty much point and go, but there are risks of them getting boring.

Then you have the Chaos variety... lots of cool stuff and conversion opportunities, not sure how good the codex is as I haven't used it, but the models look cool.

Starchild
02-03-2013, 04:14
Be wary of the Lexicanum. People like to put their own spin on things which can distort a proper perspective.

The finest Space Marine forum on the internet is The Bolter and Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com). There you can find one forum section dedicated to each of the major coverage chapters. You'll see threads on everything about your favourite chapters: army lists, painting blogs, rules discussions... you name it.

The best part though is the quality of the membership. I see nothing but quality posts from real gents and ladies there, and everyone seems to be quite polite.

Wise Guy Sam
02-03-2013, 08:44
Seeing as you are getting the Starter set and you really dig the Dark Angels I'd recommend them.

The Dark Angels have a new codex and from the games I've played FS a lot of fun

And seeing that you want to do some collecting of 1 chapter you'll find the DA give you the most variations as its essentially 3 types of army in 1. You have the terminator heavy 1st company - the Deathwing. The black clad and fast Ravening and ofcourse your normal green marines. You can also play a mix of these companies for the most variation.

Lastly if you are interested in making new friends to play a few games with let us know what area in the world you are from. Someone here may know of a store or club you could get involved in. You have access to a GW so their is other gamers around and it's surprisingly easy to make new gamer buddies.

Good luck and welcome to the hobby.

Thruster
02-03-2013, 16:20
Codex Space Marines
Good:
- LOTS of units and options
- There are so many ways to play this Codex: All bikes, All Drop Pod, Objective Scoring Sternguards, Tons of Dreadnought, etc...
- Changing HQ around will change the army special rules, so even more tactical options for you
- Cheapest Assault Terminators, these bad boys got pretty nice boost this edition
- Has the most Allies choice
- New update give them Storm Raven with S8 AP2 missiles, one of the best Fliers in the game

Bad and Ugly:
- Core units like Tactical Squads and Devastator Squads are very expensive compare to other Codexes. And sometimes even less effective (eg. Long Fangs, SM's Devastator equivalent, are cheaper and can split fire).
- Gimmick Units, such as Scout Speeder Storm, Thunder Fire Cannon, are quite ******
- Worst Troops choice of all the Space Marine Variant... and we all know how important good Troops are

In general, there are lots of fun options and choices to play around with; however, they are not considered as competitive as the other Marines Codexes, mainly due to bad Troop choice and lack of specialization.

Dark Angel
Good:
- Customize-able Terminators with awesome special rules (aka. Death Wing) and Fancy Bikes with loads of special rules (aka. Raven Wing)
- Nice cheap Tactical Marine Troops
- HQ can turn Terminators and Bikes into Troops
- Only Space Marine Devastators that has Anti-Air Flakk Missiles
- Some nice synergy combo, such as Dakka Banner and Stealth-giving Speeders
- Newest Codex, so the rules won't change for many years to come

Bad and Ugly:
- Fancy Terminators and Bikes come with Fancy super expensive point costs
- Probably got the worst fliers in the game
- Due to many expensive units, they will be outnumbered most of the time
- Lack of Anti-Air options hurt them

In general, they are known for Death Wing Terminators and Raven Wing Bikes. These units got many special rules but comes with higher point costs. They also arguably got the best and most flexible Tactical Squad in the game, at the moment at least. Good Synergy with some units. Horrible Anti-Air options really hurt them though, since 6th is pretty much Flier edition.

baphomael
02-03-2013, 16:23
Yea, as said dark angels are probably your best bet. As noted you like what you've read about them, which helps, and the starter gives you a good starting point for an army.

Also, the marines in the starter are pretty dark angel specific and come with moulded on dark angel iconography and detailing. So without having to cut and file they'd only really work for dark angels or a dark angel successor chapter (or a home made chapter that look suspiciously like dark angels).

But yea, as far as starter sets go its probably the best 40k starter they've ever released so its a very good way to get started. Other thing you might be tempted to pick up is a codex to go with it.

Starchild
02-03-2013, 20:01
- Probably got the worst fliers in the game
-Horrible Anti-Air options really hurt them though, since 6th is pretty much Flier edition.

The Ork aircraft are worse.

The Dark Talon can win the game for you if you properly time and position the stasis bomb drop. It takes a bit of practice to coordinate an assault on the unit hit with the bomb but it's one of the most devastating attacks the Dark Angels can do.

The Nephilim is a general purpose attack craft which is better strafing than it is at anti-air, but not too bad for the points if used correctly. It can definitely get the job done but only if supported with--

Flak missiles! Currently Dark Angels are the only loyalist chapter that has access to them. Mr. Vetock designed the Nephilim and flak missiles to work together for anti-air work. Using only one or the other is not enough-- both are required if there are lots of aircraft in your area. An aegis defence line with a quad-gun or icarus lascannon helps too.

Really that's a theme you'll see running through the Dark Angels codex. You have to think of how the units work together and help each other.

Freman Bloodglaive
02-03-2013, 20:25
Agreed on Dark Angels, but I would suggest going to eBay for the models and maybe the mini-rule book. With the box you're paying for models you're not going to use, and that's never a good thing when you're on a budget.

If I were shopping eBay I'd grab something like.
Dark Angels Librarian
2 Tactical Squads, comes with plasma cannon and plasma gun each.
I just checked eBay and there's a seller ravenholmes who has the tactical squads for 9 pounds each, and the librarian for 3.50.
Obviously postage varies depending on what part of the world you're in.

I would then not buy any more models until I had painted those ones. Sure, it's only about 500 points, but it gives you a small, legal army to try out in the local club to see how it feels for you. Remember they'll have rule books and codexes to give you the idea of how to play without having to make the major financial commitment.

A third tactical squad, a squad of terminators and bikes would get you up to 1000 points, again paint them before buying any more.

Above that level you'd need a greater variety of weapons than the box set provides, but again you can raid eBay for them. Remember most painted models can be stripped by leaving them in Simple Green for a week and then scrubbing them with a toothbrush.

I won't say it's cheap, this isn't a cheap hobby, but anything you can do to make it cheaper is better for you.

lordbeefy
03-03-2013, 09:41
Firstly, welcome to 40K...its a rich and rewarding hobby that will last you a lifetime if its your thing.

Now to your question...given that you are getting the boxed set, the obvious choice is Dark Angels. I started with DA and they served me well. I have since sold them off and started other armies, but I have always had a soft spot for them.

DA re a great fluff army. Arguably the first legion in a number of ways. My overiding recommendation to you is to look at a basic army start off, ie an HQ and two troop choices. After this, and because you are new to 40k, the most important thing is to get what you want to next, from a fun perspective.

Too often you will see everyone going on about the most competitive list, or the next power list. This is the wrong way to go about it in my humble opinion. Go for what you like. Power lists ans tactics come later, always fun first.

DA give you a taste of everything, they have great footsloggers, great termies, great fast attack choices. There are a variety of painting choices, and the starter set gives you a great chance to also paint up some 'bad guys' as a bit of variety. Remember painting sometimes gets boring doing the ame old thing over and over.

Keep referring back to this forum, post some images of your progress and ask as many questions as you need.

Rikera
04-03-2013, 11:31
The Dark Vengeance set is an amazing starter set. If you chose to go DA (i play DA too) then you effectively have alot more than is in the box. For starters the models can be used as multiple choices i.e ravenwing bikers to black knights or the company master hq as azrael the chapter master...even the librarian can be used as a basic libby or ezekiel the master libby. lol.

Anyway, you should really decide between DA and Ultramarines. I say this because the previous editions starter set had a decent space marine force without all the added DA iconography. Off the top of my head i think it was a 10 man tactical squad, 5 terminators, a dreadnought and a HQ of some kind (probably sm captain). You would certainly save yourself some cash and be able to get that component cheap on ebay or something. Though you wont get the latest versions rule book etc.

You could also sell/trade off your chaos from DV set which will get you more models or some cash to buy the codex or...more models. lol.

Decide which chapter you like from their fluff and colour scheme's etc then worry later about lists and abilities etc. So i would listen to posts like lordbeefy over the likes of thruster's. One of those posters would buy a helldrake cos they like the model, the other would buy 3.

ilovelamp55
04-03-2013, 11:59
I have to agree with everyone else here, Dark Angels are a good army especially for new players, my dad plays them and loves them. However i'm still a big fan of Space Wolves, you said your playing for the fun of it (like myself) and whats more fun than getting a pack of space wolves (Grey Hunters generally) and plowing them into the front lines of your enemy and obliterating them in close combat, all the while taking other units apart with your Long Fangs. Maybe even equip your Wolf Guard with Terminator armour and have then charge in or, have then split up and lead your other squads.

Space wolves are somewhat more barbaric than other chapters which I quite like, makes them great fun! If you like the fluff surrounding DA then you might know the rivalry between them and SW. Oh and i'd highly suggest reading some of the Space wolf novels, they are really good and give you a taste of what they are meant to be like, if you have the money try to get the ragnar series; Space Wolf, the First Omnibus by William King, very good books and not that expensive second hand.

Rikera
04-03-2013, 15:34
Yeah space wolves are an awesome chapter, I love them mainly because of the rivalry between them and dark angels. If you like their fluff and the look of nordic/viking type space marines then check them out. Id never personally collect them, because i love the DA. I guess i love to "hate" the wolves ;) lol

ErictheGreen
04-03-2013, 15:56
From a playstyle point of view, the various marine chapters are also different.

for arguments sake, the variants:
- codex space marines (ultramarines, imperial fists, salamanders et al)
- dark angels
- space wolves
- blood angels
- grey knights

Codex Space Marines:
- as already mentioned, good mix of units. can play a variety of styles (biker troops, lots of bodies, fully mechanised)
- solid, points efficient fire support in dreadnoughts, predators, vindicators, whirlwinds and land speeders. as well as attack bike squadrons
- one of the games best CC units in assault terminators with thunder hammers and storm shields
- some interesting builds that either make your troops run away less, add scoring units, or make your melta and flamer weapons better
- decent lightly armoured flier

Blood Angels:
- assault marines as troops, giving you a fast, relatively hard hitting army
- access to feel no pain making them slightly tougher (shrugging off 1 in 3 failed armour saves and granted a save against most things that ignore armour)
- fast vehicles
- solid (if pricy) flier support

Space Wolves:
- most deviant from regular marines. much more individualistic in both models and units
- very good troops choice that you can build the core of your army out of
- efficient fire support
- lack of fliers
- hard hitting CC units
- suffers a little from having some choices in the book which are far superior to others (grey hunters over blood claws, long fangs over everything else)
- cramped elites slot

Dark Angels:
- newest book, so unlikely to change for some time
- cheapest tactical marines overall, but pay for weapons and the sargeant, making them equivalently costed to regular codex marines
- special terminator and bike squads which underpin the codex - if you're not using these, another codex might be a better choice

Grey Knights:
- pay more for their regular troops but have better guns and close combat weapons
- psyker heavy
- some cool unique units

it all depends on what sort of army you want to play.

Many of the units between blood angels, codex marines and dark angels are interchangeable. so i would advise painting in your own colour scheme and then trying each of the armies out to see what fits you best.

Rikera
04-03-2013, 22:10
Dont think space wolves are the most deviant, on par with blood and dark angels but no where near grey knights or crusading chapters i.e black templars.

I know your thinkin blood/dark angels wtf? but the CA chapter make up is deviated from by both dark angels and blood angels to a certain degree (same as sw). Also Dark angels have so much secrets and hidden agenda's that how far they deviate and have deviated will never be known. They would kill their own battle brothers to keep certain secrets secret let alone any other mug from the lesser chapters ;)

ilovelamp55
05-03-2013, 02:23
Rikera, GRR if we meet we'll have to duel just like the space wolves and DA do every time they meet, try to prove which armies the best ;)

Grey Knights are pretty cool, I was going to collect them originally but decided to go with SW instead. My brother just decided to collect them through, the codex is in the post as we speak. They are possibly the most hardcore of all the Chapters because their entire focus is on destroying chaos, which make them BEASTS (really good, for those who aren't from Northern Ireland :p ). I also love the old school armour that they have, but apart from their looks and fluff I honestly don't know what their stats are like. Still cool though.

rapterz
05-03-2013, 02:48
Grey Knights are pretty cool

Shhhh...don't let the fluff bunnies hear you.

ZorroRooster
05-03-2013, 06:02
Aw man, I don't check the forums for a few days and come back to a bunch of posts. Thanks for all the advice and the overall pointing me in the right direction.

In an earlier post someone mentioned that I should mention where I live. I'm living right outside of Milwaukee, WI in the good ol' US of A. I don't want to show up at GW too often without either an army to use or a group of friends/acquaintances, as the guy that runs the shop will try and sell me things I cant afford right now, hehe. Thanks again for all the advice. Once I have that DV set, I'll start combing eBay for units to fill my army out.

FashaTheDog
05-03-2013, 06:29
Be wary of the Lexicanum. People like to put their own spin on things which can distort a proper perspective.

The finest Space Marine forum on the internet is The Bolter and Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com). There you can find one forum section dedicated to each of the major coverage chapters. You'll see threads on everything about your favourite chapters: army lists, painting blogs, rules discussions... you name it.

The best part though is the quality of the membership. I see nothing but quality posts from real gents and ladies there, and everyone seems to be quite polite.

I post there too, so their standards must be slipping :p.

No seriously, between this forum and that one you can get a good feel for power armor. The only real issue I would have with B&C is that it is divided into army specific segments and encourages loyalty to a board; the Black Templar one is particularly, and appropriately, zealous. I mean last Summer there was a painting competition between the boards and they had a handful of participants painting silly large amounts of Black Templar models. Space Wolves too for that matter. Here, on the other hand, you can do what you did, throw out a topic to everyone in general so more folks on this forum are likely to notice your topic, whereas B&C may see it missed as some folks, myself included, tend to only frequent one or two boards.

Since B&C was brought up there is another possibility you can toy with if you buy the current starter set; the Dornian Heresy, a fan made alternate universe where the loyalist Marine were traitors and vice versa. What I mean by this is that you paint up the entire set as Dark Angels or perhaps as Angels of Vengeance or Consecrators (both of whom are Dark Angels successor Chapters and sport pre-Heresy colors). You then have a small Dark Angels force under the official universe or a larger Chaos army under the fan one. It will get you the most out of the set, so if you bought Dark Vengeance and the Chaos Marine codex (~$150 retail), you could run a somewhere between 1,000-1,200 points consisting of two HQ, three Troops, three Elite (I put the Chaos Lord model in the Chosen as the unit champion), and one Fast Attack while the Dark Angels half is 532-650 points (add an extra 125 points if you get the limited edition starter with the Chaplain) with two or three HQ (of which you can only use two at a time), one Troop, one Elite, and one Fast Attack, both values assume What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) and accommodate extra gear. Since you need one HQ and two Troops choices for a standard game, the Dornian Heresy route gets you going off the starter set alone. You may not want to venture off in alternate universe land and that's fine, but it is always good to know it is there.

Now as others have stated eBay and the like could see you get going a bit cheaper and give you more flexibility, provided you have it as an option (which many do, but some folks are stuck on a cash only basis for 40K due to circumstance). Now the key is to pick a force you will enjoy not only playing, but painting and modeling as well. If say in 7th edition many years from now whatever army you chose gets hit hard with the nerf bat and becomes hard to use, the painting and converting aspect may keep you playing them as well as just the general imagery and fluff. I know a number of people for whom that is the only reason they kept their army. In my case I love the look and fluff of the Death Korps of Krieg so much that even if Forgeworld nerfed them into the dirt it would not stop me from expanding them. Look at the models and also at what Forgeworld has to offer for them (because one day you very well might want to get that Chapter specific Dreadnought or those molded hatches or something else) and think of how you will feel painting them and what kind of neat conversion work you can do. Does the robed look really catch your attention or perhaps the tabards are more your thing? Maybe you like that warped evil look better? Are there any units in particular that really look nice like bikes, jump infantry, or Terminators? And what about colors? If you want to stick to official fluff only, then that will make a difference too as hating blue might make Ultramarines a poor army choice. If instead you want to make a custom Chapter, then you get more leeway, but those sculpted iconography on some minis might be a pain for you to remove. The custom Chapter also allows the gamer on a budget to experiment and expand cheaper as you could run the Angels of the Codex of the Moment Chapter Space Marines and hop from codex to codex as you feel like. I know a number of people who do this and not always because the next codex they use is better, but rather because it is different from what they ran last week (Potpourri Marines or maybe Angels Indecision).

You may also want to look up online the allies matrix if you have yet to get the rule book and see what other armies, and not necessarily Marine, are able to ally with the Chapter you pick. For instance the Chaos Marines can take Imperial Guard as Allies of Convenience, but have Daemons as Battle Brothers and from what I've gathered from a quick review of the new Daemon codex, there does seem to be some nice synergy between the two Chaos armies when one is allied to the other. This grants you an opportunity to further expand what units you can buy and can really diversify the painting you do. It also lets you break into a second army on the cheap, relatively speaking, as you need only a single Troops choice and HQ with the allied codex and those points can go towards expanding your main army to regular game size anyway. Going back to my Krieg army as a good example, right now I can field about 1,400 points of WYSIWYG and if I want to keep it that way and not use regular Guardsmen alongside them (who just are not as cool looking or nicely painted), I can ally in 600 points of my Red Scorpions or Dark Angels getting me a solid 2,000 point army. If you want to build a Guard army, but lack the money to go for the horde, this is a nice way to start in on them while not breaking the bank. Once more I also encourage you to look ahead to what your potential allies can expand into as well. Hypothetically, you might be evenly decided between Chaos and Dark Angels, but the idea of slowly working towards Daemons as a full second army someday in the future might be the deciding factor as to which army you pick.

Rikera
05-03-2013, 08:41
Rikera, GRR if we meet we'll have to duel just like the space wolves and DA do every time they meet, try to prove which armies the best ;)

Grey Knights are pretty cool, I was going to collect them originally but decided to go with SW instead. My brother just decided to collect them through, the codex is in the post as we speak. They are possibly the most hardcore of all the Chapters because their entire focus is on destroying chaos, which make them BEASTS (really good, for those who aren't from Northern Ireland :p ). I also love the old school armour that they have, but apart from their looks and fluff I honestly don't know what their stats are like. Still cool though.

Lol yeah, DA vs SW banter batrep's! :D

First time i saw the the dreadknight (one of the coolest models i've ever seen) i was like wow! Started wishing all dreadnoughts looked like that...maybe one day i could do a conversion. They really look like the battlesuits from the 3rd matrix movie.

God i love that model. GK terminators are pretty awesome but i think id i would prefer to have deatwhing squads with a squad of deathwing knights than the equivelant numbers of GKs.

ilovelamp55
05-03-2013, 15:24
First time i saw the the dreadknight (one of the coolest models i've ever seen) i was like wow! Started wishing all dreadnoughts looked like that...maybe one day i could do a conversion. They really look like the battlesuits from the 3rd matrix movie.

God i love that model. GK terminators are pretty awesome but i think id i would prefer to have deatwhing squads with a squad of deathwing knights than the equivelant numbers of GKs.

Yea those Dreadknights are amazing, I remember seeing on in a random picture somewhere and spent like an hor trying to figure out which army it went with :p Yea it would be cool to have a dreadnought or 2 looking like that, and now that you've said it you HAVE to make a conversion and then post me the results. Now that you mention it yea they do, except probably a sight load better, armed with huge blades and phycannons.

I honestly wouldn't know which to choose from becuse I don't know the stats of GK but yea deathwing knights look pretty sweet too.

RandomThoughts
05-03-2013, 16:23
The best advice I can give you: Skip 40K, skip all GW games, and go directly towards the indy market. You get better rules, and starter armies are far, far, far smaller and therefore cheaper.

Infinity is scaled for skirmish battles with around 10 models aside, I could nearly buy a whole army for the cost of a single troops slot unit in certain 40K armies.

Warmachine, while larger in scale and therefore closer to the price of 40K for a whole army offers far superior rules, in my personal opinion. I got roughly 5000 points of Eldar stashed on the top shelf oy my gaming cupboard these days. Don't get me wrong, they are great models, but playing them just isn't very sytisfying anymore. Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are pretty uncompetitive these days, another friend of mine started Blood Angels about 2-3 years ago on my urging. He's been complaining about crappy rules that make no sense since the beginning, and when I finally convinced him to give Warmachine a try, he readily shelved his 40K models as well. His biggest consern currently is that his other gaming group back where his family lives refuses to give up on 40K and try something different. He's desperate to play some games when he's back there, so he swallows the pain and gets out his 40K models, but he regularily tells me horror stories afterwards.

Now, if you're set on 40K, please go ahead. It is not my place to tell you otherwise. However, you still haven't got much money invested in 40K, you don'tz have any friends that are into 40K yet, going to a better gaming system will never be as easy as it is right now.

Anyway, my two cents...

Regards
RT

Rikera
07-03-2013, 12:00
The best advice I can give you: Skip 40K, skip all GW games, and go directly towards the indy market. You get better rules, and starter armies are far, far, far smaller and therefore cheaper.

Infinity is scaled for skirmish battles with around 10 models aside, I could nearly buy a whole army for the cost of a single troops slot unit in certain 40K armies.

Warmachine, while larger in scale and therefore closer to the price of 40K for a whole army offers far superior rules, in my personal opinion. I got roughly 5000 points of Eldar stashed on the top shelf oy my gaming cupboard these days. Don't get me wrong, they are great models, but playing them just isn't very sytisfying anymore. Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they are pretty uncompetitive these days, another friend of mine started Blood Angels about 2-3 years ago on my urging. He's been complaining about crappy rules that make no sense since the beginning, and when I finally convinced him to give Warmachine a try, he readily shelved his 40K models as well. His biggest consern currently is that his other gaming group back where his family lives refuses to give up on 40K and try something different. He's desperate to play some games when he's back there, so he swallows the pain and gets out his 40K models, but he regularily tells me horror stories afterwards.

Now, if you're set on 40K, please go ahead. It is not my place to tell you otherwise. However, you still haven't got much money invested in 40K, you don'tz have any friends that are into 40K yet, going to a better gaming system will never be as easy as it is right now.

Anyway, my two cents...

Regards
RT

and a psp is better than an xbox360 right?

Disposable Hero
07-03-2013, 21:41
Yes, because the PSP has Dust514 on it.

To the OP- maybe second hand through a garage sale? I was lucky to get a bunch of Marines from a friend, together with some Grey Knight bitz. Built a strike squad from that.

raygunsand rocketeers
07-03-2013, 21:57
ZorroRooster (http://www.warseer.com/forums/member.php?90890-ZorroRooster) ....... you havent posted here since feb......
if you are still poor and havent gotten any models yet, i will donate some to you.
I will send you a command squad, and 2 regular squads, the minimum order of battle needed to play.
they will be older models, anywhere from second to forth, perhaps some metals, IDK, i gotta look, but I know I have some i can donate if you want them.
just PM me, and give me your mailing addy, and I will ship them to you.
the only thing I ask in return, is that someday, if the opportunity arises, you help out another new player as i am helping you.
PM me if you are interested

B-Ravens 52
08-03-2013, 01:34
Not sure if already mentioned but...

Banana marines
crimson fists
raven guard
white scars...

the list goes on

Wise Guy Sam
08-03-2013, 04:57
ZorroRooster (http://www.warseer.com/forums/member.php?90890-ZorroRooster) ....... you havent posted here since feb......
if you are still poor and havent gotten any models yet, i will donate some to you.
I will send you a command squad, and 2 regular squads, the minimum order of battle needed to play.
they will be older models, anywhere from second to forth, perhaps some metals, IDK, i gotta look, but I know I have some i can donate if you want them.
just PM me, and give me your mailing addy, and I will ship them to you.
the only thing I ask in return, is that someday, if the opportunity arises, you help out another new player as i am helping you.
PM me if you are interested

That's pretty damn ace.

Also ZorroRooster wrote in this thread on 5/3 so he is kicking around still.

Top form.