PDA

View Full Version : Gandalfs Cart picture number 2

Baggers
09-06-2005, 17:47
For all those without Battle Games in Middle Earth issue number 62 Gandalfs cart is on the front cover as intresting rules for using fireworks. Which may mean we see rules for them when the cart is released.

Brandir
09-06-2005, 23:11
Always first with the news Mr Baggers. Well done. Again. Hopefully my issue 62 will turn up very soon!

rkunisch
10-06-2005, 11:20
My issue 62 is still not here. :(

Maybe the cart is some specialty for BGiME? :eek:

Have fun,

Rolf.

Baggers
10-06-2005, 17:56
I doubt is part of BGME it seems to have to many bits and considereing they made us but two issues to get 6 riders of rohan, I thinks this is coming out in the stores.

Brandir
11-06-2005, 11:40
I thought it was going to be a mail order only model???

Anyway, issue 62 of BGinME gives some interesting new rules for Elven Cloaks and Legolas' Bow of the Galadhrim (Galadriel's gift to him).

Without repeating the rules verbatim, characters can conceal themselves in the cloaks making them practically invisible. They are more like the cloaks from the film (when the two Easterlings approached Frodo and Sam at the Black Gates). They are also fewer points.

The bow costs a few points and allows a re-roll and has a higher strength.

Baggers
11-06-2005, 11:44
well I saw a release schedule in another thread in the fantasy forum and it looks like it is being released in the shops.

Brandir
11-06-2005, 13:41
Do you have a date baggers?

Baggers
11-06-2005, 18:07
This is the list (http://fr.games-workshop.com/news/sorties.asp) you will also note that Sam and bill are out on the same day.

Brandir
11-06-2005, 19:05
Can anyone translate the rest of the LOTR releases???

Baggers
11-06-2005, 21:24
Right on the relase date 06/07/05 we have

Giant Eagle

Suladan on foot and mounted

LE ROI SORCIER I am geussing is the Witch King

LE ROI DES MORTS I am geussing is ring wraiths or something to do with the cursed people other wiseknown as the army of the dead as Le Roi des Morts translates as the king of the dead

On the relase date 31/8/05 we have

A 240 Lord of the Rings book which I can hazzard a geuss is the new all in one book

A painting guide book not sure what it this is (french being BOITE DE PEINTURE LE SEIGNEUR DES A)

The breaking of the community (or fellowship) this is only nine figures while the orginal was ten figures

ESPRITS SERVANTS DE L'ANNEAU is a nine figure ringwraith box

Gandalf's cart

Sam and Bill the pony

GIMLI AU GOUFFRE DE HELM literally translates as GIMLI WITH THE PIT OF HELM which I am geussing is the sitting down gimili we all know and love

Hope this helps.

EDIT: my rather poor translations (I was always bad at french) is in the same order as the list on my previous posts link.

rkunisch
13-06-2005, 10:43
The breaking of the community (or fellowship) this is only nine figures while the orginal was ten figures
I wonder if this is only a repackaged Ambush at Amon Hen box or if we look towards something different. I can think of Frodo and Sam in the boats for example. Especially as the other things listed are more dioramic, so to say. :p

Have fun,

Rolf.

Baggers
13-06-2005, 17:57
I wonder if this is only a repackaged Ambush at Amon Hen box or if we look towards something different. I can think of Frodo and Sam in the boats for example. Especially as the other things listed are more dioramic, so to say. :p

Have fun,

Rolf.

I do not think that it will contain new models personally as Frodo and Sam in boats have no real pratical use.

rkunisch
13-06-2005, 18:28
I do not think that it will contain new models personally as Frodo and Sam in boats have no real pratical use.
Yes, but the same is true for the Gandalf on cart as well as Bill the Pony. Sure, you can make rules up to play with them, but so you can for the boats.

I do not persist on the boats, though. :p My argument was mainly that the rest of the listed releases are more of a diorama than of the more "classical" set of minis. Why should they rerelease the same minis with a different name on the box? What about the other (FotR) boxes?

Have fun,

Rolf.

therisnosaurus
15-06-2005, 00:48
LE ROI SORCIER: the witch king, as you suggested
LE ROI DES MORTS: no, this is the king of the dead, released solo I'm guessing
BOITE DE PEINTURE SEIGNEUR DES ANNEAUX: lord of the rings paint set not guide. I'm guessing this is a bigger, more pricey paint set than the begginer ones
ESPIRITS SERVENTS DE L'ANNEAU: as you suggested, 9 fig ringwraith box
GIMILI AU GOUFRE DE HELM: this translates better as 'Gimli at helm's deep', so yes, it could be the sitting gimli, but it could also be the one from the heroes of helms deep box released solo.