PDA

View Full Version : Gorebeasts - What to do with extra models?

Rael
02-03-2013, 16:03
Having bought 5 new Chaos Chariots, I find myself with 5 lonely Gorebeasts. Not wanting to be wasteful two options come to mind - Use them as Spawn or preferably Trolls. A third option would be ogres but I think that would be really stretching it.

Would you guys be opposed to either of those at a tourney, even as Trolls?

Rael

MR. GRUMPY
02-03-2013, 16:36
Im not picky. But you plan to do some kind of convertion, yes?

eron12
02-03-2013, 16:58
I think with reasonable conversions any of those options could work.

Rael
02-03-2013, 17:06
I was hoping to keep the conversations to a minimum actually, maybe add a few khorne symbols here and there. Of trolls maybe I could try standing them up a bit, that's about all I could see.

You have any specific suggestions?

For spawn I would be ok leaving as is but they're not the greatest battle-wise, especially with an all fast attack army, unless I'm missing something...

Mithras69
02-03-2013, 17:22
Razorgor for that other chaos army! :)

snottlebocket
02-03-2013, 17:24
If you'll notice, the chariot actually comes with two complete sets of draft beasts and yokes. It's pretty easy to glue to the chariot to the base but let the draft beasts stay separate. That way you can just plug in either at will to make regular or gore beast chariots.

They got a pretty good size if you want to use them for alternative skull crushers. Shouldn't be too hard to reposition some plastic legs on a blob of green stuff to make a saddle. As an alternative, just leave them riderless and use the whip arm from the chariot to make some marauder horse mounted beast masters. Getting stampeded by gore beasts driven forward by some beast masters probably has much the same effect as skull crushers. Red pulp.

Rael
02-03-2013, 18:10
Khornate Trolls - yea or nae?

Urgat
02-03-2013, 18:23
How about demonic mounts for characters?

BattleofLund
02-03-2013, 19:07
I could provide you with my adress. Won't even charge you for helping dispose of dangerous leftover bits. :)

MR. GRUMPY
02-03-2013, 19:13
Khornate Trolls - yea or nae?

Without conversion I would say no. They look far to much like mounts in their original form. I wouldnt refuse to play you but I wouldnt think it looked very cool on the battlefield.

sulla
02-03-2013, 19:35
Razorgor for that other chaos army! :):)That's what I've done. Bought the chariot primarily to convert into Malekith's iron chariot but the whip guy and gorebeast become my razorgor for my beasts and the other rider becomes a nurgle hero for my son's warriors. BTW, the extra god-specific heads are awesome in that box IMO.

Rael
02-03-2013, 20:54
I could provide you with my adress. Won't even charge you for helping dispose of dangerous leftover bits. :)

Ha ha, nice one, but no.

It's starting look like 5 spawn. What the heck am I gonna go with 5 spawn! I'll experiment across from opponents most bad ass unit and hope they hold long enough for my strong units to flank later.

Rael

Voss
02-03-2013, 21:00
Sell them to 40k CSM players! Particularly if they look Nurgle-ish.

HurrDurr
02-03-2013, 21:06
Chaos spawn are on 40mm bases, I'm assuming the gore beast will fill out a 40mm base and look decently sized for one, so there's that if you want to play a spawn.

Leogun_91
02-03-2013, 23:32
Let them draw or carry an altar with some chaos icons and call it a warshrine, that's two gorebeasts used, three left. Then three spawns, two to use in your list and one to have by the table in case someone reaches spawndom.

Morhgoz
03-03-2013, 01:45
I would use theh to make either bit unique unit of bloodcrushers or convert/scratchbuild chariots for them...

Thorin
03-03-2013, 01:53
I would use theh to make either bit unique unit of bloodcrushers or convert/scratchbuild chariots for them...
Look at them again and tell me: How could any rider sit on those? They donīt fit as steeds. I would alsosay razorgors and spawns. Easy to do, look nice in that role.
Greetz
Thorin

pointyteeth
03-03-2013, 02:10

Throw some slightly modified mournfang saddles on the back and I think skullcrushers might be a winner.

Morhgoz
03-03-2013, 22:32
Look at them again and tell me: How could any rider sit on those? They don't have to sit? They could ride them similar as warhawk riders in WE. Yes you would need do some heavy converting and little sculpting, but they would look total bad a**e and cool! :evilgrin: In the end you would save LOT of money... ;)

Throw some slightly modified mournfang saddles on the back and I think skullcrushers might be a winner. Yup, that's one option to do 'em!

Trustey
03-03-2013, 22:35
Ha ha, nice one, but no.

It's starting look like 5 spawn. What the heck am I gonna go with 5 spawn! I'll experiment across from opponents most bad ass unit and hope they hold long enough for my strong units to flank later.

Rael

Start using the sword of change on a frenzied character.

Ghod
04-03-2013, 10:19
How about using them for scenery... I think they'd make some pretty good looking statues.

Otherwise, I'd go with skull crushers.

Asensur
04-03-2013, 10:29
-A. Monstrous mount
-B. Spawns
-C. Mounts for the Rot Knights of Khazyk the Befouled (Tamurkhan)

Makaber
04-03-2013, 10:30
Maybe make some sort of small fighting platform mini-howdah on one, and use it as a mount for a character? Daemonic Steed perhaps?

Morkash
04-03-2013, 10:43
I'd use them as Chaos Spawn personally. Their size should fit quite nicely and with the new rules for the Eye of the Gods, Sword of Change and Mutalith rules as well as having extra models (never hurts) you can put them to good use! :)

Converting them further and using them as Daemonic Mount could also work, or as Rot Knights from Tamurkhan. Hmm...that might actually be a nice project to work on...

Beastlord
04-03-2013, 16:36
I don't see what's wrong with using them as trolls?

Beastlord
04-03-2013, 17:14
Our rather I should say I don't see what's wrong with using the trolls stats for those models...

HurrDurr
04-03-2013, 21:11
trolls are stinky and ugly, i should of read up first now im more convinced, cost vs stats chaos spawns seem like no brainer choices (eagles of the chaos warriors)

Khellendr0s
10-05-2013, 22:47
Sorry for posting after 2 months, but i found an interesting picture of the gorebeast as a daemonic mount

The rider looks more like a bloodletter than a chaos lord with that naked chest but i think is a not bad mini for a daemonic mount.

If the size is not ok here is the page

http://www.coolminiornot.com/327182?browseid=4734558

Sykorax
11-05-2013, 05:13
Chaos spawn are on 40mm bases, I'm assuming the gore beast will fill out a 40mm base and look decently sized for one, so there's that if you want to play a spawn.

I just logged on here to actually ask about them. I don't play WHFB but was wanting to use them as spawns in 40k. How well would they fit on round 40mm bases? are they too big for them?

Rakariel
11-05-2013, 15:05
I used 2 of mine to pull my scratch built DoC skullcannon. They work well as Khorne Spawns aswell I think or as a demonic mount as some have said already.

Sir_Glonojad
11-05-2013, 17:11
I'd use them as Chaos Spawn personally. Their size should fit quite nicely and with the new rules for the Eye of the Gods, Sword of Change and Mutalith rules as well as having extra models (never hurts) you can put them to good use! :)

Now that's an interesting word combination... :p

On the topic, though - either mounts or chaos spawn. Trolls or Ogres would be stretching this a little IMHO - Gorebeast is a quadruped, after all.

Shadow_Steed
11-05-2013, 18:16
I will use my Gorebeast as a Spawn, drilling holes under the feet so I can switch from square bases to round ones.

Nubl0
11-05-2013, 18:30
Only problem I have with this is that it would be a rather boring unit if not converted, seeing as they would all be in the exact same pose.

jirgaS
11-05-2013, 19:21
I don't see problem to use them as ogres. Statwise they are almost identical to ogres. Maybe a bit static when used as an unit but some converting would do the trick

Johnmclane
11-05-2013, 23:20
I'm going to use my chariot leftover to build more chariots. You have the beasts, yokes and one chariot front left, right!? So you need a set of wheels, something between those wheels and two charioteers. Done! Just buy some plasticard and get crackin' :)

popisdead
12-05-2013, 16:02
Razorgors, daemonic mounts, unit fillers, terrain statues/carvings, save for the next wave of chaos in 5 years when you have Gorbeast Monstrous cavalry ;)

JDV311
13-05-2013, 04:16
Sell them to a Daemon player to use as Beasts of Nurgle!

MeatGrinder
13-05-2013, 13:14
They'd make nice unit fillers if you had blocks of infantry.

popisdead
13-05-2013, 22:16
Sell them to a Daemon player to use as Beasts of Nurgle!

That is a good idea! A little pot belly, se entrails and you are good. Everyone wants better Beasts so should pay off

NurglesRot
14-05-2013, 01:48
I've seen some converted Gorebeasts into Chaos spawn. With some work it looks cool and unique

medevilmike
14-05-2013, 17:45
mount knights on em and call em skullcrushers.

VampireOrcElf
15-05-2013, 02:11
If you still have charioteers, you could put them on a chariot base and attach chain to the beast and handlers and make them asif they are moving the beast towards the enemy, i mean movement 6 isnt that fast that its that unrealistic, would look cool aswel

honorandglory
15-05-2013, 02:15
+1 to deamonic steeds for characters. Or put them carrying a warshrine, instead of the crappy ogre things it has now.