PDA

View Full Version : Chapters that hate Dark Eldar?

Brother Muninn
03-03-2013, 04:53
I'm working on a diorama piece of a Kroot mercenary fighting a Space Marine on behalf of the Dark Eldar, but I can't decide on the particular chapter.

I know both White Scars and Salamanders have a particular hatred of the Dark Eldar, but I can't think of any others.

What other marine chapters have had notable conflicts with Commorragh?

~Muninn

MarshalFaust
03-03-2013, 05:37
I came in here to say White Scars as they are the chapter that first jumps out to me.

Lichdom
03-03-2013, 05:45
Not able to help here as much as giving a direct name for a chapter, however, in the Dark Eldar codex there is a little bit of fluff that has a prized Imperial Guard reg that are known for laying waste to Eldar, and make the mistake of parading around about it. After a victory over the Eldar (Craft/Exodite?) The Dark Eldar show up, snag them, take them back, torture them, and then either let them lose on the streets of the dark city headless yet still alive and moving, or back on there homeworld.
Its been years since I read it, though if you got the ability to look it up, the Guard may have an official name, and if so see what the closest Marine Chapter to them is, and use them.

While thinking about it, in the new book path of the Incubus
Towards the end of it a unit of Chaos Space Marines sneak into the dark city and have to fight the Dark Eldar, the leader of the Kabal comments on how now he sees why such warriors, though primitive are so sought after for the arenas.
So, should the Dark Eldar ever face the Space Marines, and anyone with any connections to a wych arena is at least in contact with the raid, chances are some space marines will end up missing, even if they manage to win the fight. In that case, I think any will do nicely.

Rufiodies
03-03-2013, 07:49
The Silver Skulls once participated in a raid on Commorragh, although I'm not sure if they "hate" the dark eldar specifically, They seem to hate everything quite equally.
I know the Iron Snakes have lots of experience dealing with Dark Eldar raids in the Reef Stars, and there is fluff about them sending a single marine to deal with a dark eldar raid, because they deemed one marine more than enough to deal with such a small raid (15-20 dark eldar crash landed on some planet) and he kicked them straight to she who thirsts Liam Neeson style.
The Iron Snakes have a cool backround, they use spears, hunt huge "Water Wyrms" in the oceans, and have cool gladiatorial contests with each other.

Read the Iron Snakes novel and heres a link for some more info http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Snakes

The chapters that took place in the raid on Commorragh were the Howling Griffons, Salamanders, and Silver Skulls. Many were cut off during the escape and were then captured/killed by the Dark Eldar in order to be used as slaves/fodder/souls/what have you
Are you thinking more of the Kroot working for the Dark Eldar? or both being slaves and being forced to fight each other for the Archons amusement? (which happens ALOT)

I also remember a story about this space marine who got captured by the DE on purpose, but hid a teleporter beacon somewhere in his body so a huge squad of Terminators could tele into Commorragh, and as a reward they put what was left of him into a dreadnought, cant remember which chapter though

Brother Muninn
03-03-2013, 11:36
Are you thinking more of the Kroot working for the Dark Eldar? or both being slaves and being forced to fight each other for the Archons amusement? (which happens ALOT)

The idea is that it's a veteran Kroot mercenary that bargained with a Haemonculus for a set of wings. He'll have several bits of Scourge/Dark Eldar armor along with the wings.

The model itself will be jumping over a wall about to bring the hammer down on a prone space marine (one of the Space Marine Casualty minis).

I realize it's mostly rationalization for modeling a winged kroot, but I think it'd be a neat backstory.

~Muninn

Retrospectus
03-03-2013, 14:33
I'd imagine white scars have the most reason for hating dark eldar seeing as they nicked their primarch

Pyroriffic
03-03-2013, 14:40
The Silver Skulls definitely hate the Dark Eldar.

Oh, yes.

Rufiodies
03-03-2013, 22:00
The kroot shapers would most definitely be able to produce kroot with wings, IMO, they would just instruct their charges to eat things with wings! I don't think they would need to resort to buying wings off the black market when they could just gain them through evolution.

Brother Muninn
03-03-2013, 23:14
The kroot shapers would most definitely be able to produce kroot with wings, IMO, they would just instruct their charges to eat things with wings! I don't think they would need to resort to buying wings off the black market when they could just gain them through evolution.

That's totally true. The Kroot army even has a winged Kroot unit.

My concept is more about a lone mercenary though. I suppose it's possible that the kroot is a slave as well though. All I know is that I'm going to give him some Dark Eldar armor, spiky bits, knives, and a number of noticeable scars.

~Muninn

Sotek
03-03-2013, 23:55
Salamanders - they continually got raided by them until Vulkan arrived and helped them beat them back. Then with full space marineage he went on a killing spree. Also they REALLY REALLY hate dark eldar.

Israfael
04-03-2013, 00:10
Also they REALLY REALLY hate dark eldar.

That's almost an understatement- in Promethean Sun, a Salamander lifts his helmet up, so that he can spit acid into an Exodite Eldar's eyes, after he's been defeated. Then, crushes his head. They really hate Eldar.

Menthak
04-03-2013, 12:11
That's almost an understatement- in Promethean Sun, a Salamander lifts his helmet up, so that he can spit acid into an Exodite Eldar's eyes, after he's been defeated. Then, crushes his head. They really hate Eldar.

Until that post, I always saw Salamanders as fair 'nice' space marines, who weren't cruel or OTT, you Israfael have just proved how wrong I was.

In addition, I've listened to an Audiobook with Space wolves fighting dark Eldar, I'm not sure if they hate them or not, but Space Wolves are incredibly good for Dioramas thanks to their mass of helmet-less models, or models with tons of little things lighting them up.

Gdolkin
05-03-2013, 00:36
Dark Eldar have given the Iron Hands some bother on Medusa, or have I made that up?

Harwammer
05-03-2013, 13:43
If the kroot is a mercenary fighting the spacemarine on behalf of the dark eldar, might it make more sense to have the space marine be from a chapter that the dark eldar particularly hate instead?

Just a suggestion; after all, any real space marine should hate all xenos ;)