PDA

View Full Version : isstvan

naughtyGod
03-03-2013, 18:05
does anyone know where the isstvan system actually is? iv never seen it on any maps.

naughtyGod
03-03-2013, 18:19
yep, i realise this is in the wrong place. rushed post.
if someone could move it...?

Leogun_91
03-03-2013, 19:36
Ultima/Proximal Segmentum
Stellar Grid: 17-Cic/LC-26

Source: Forgeworld, Betrayal.

Lord Damocles
03-03-2013, 19:44
Up near Naogeddon, since that's on most galaxy maps in various Rulebook editions, according to the map in the front of Horus Heresy: Betrayal.

baphomael
06-03-2013, 01:10
Yea the Beyrayel book has a good map of the Imperium at the end of the Great Crusade. Notes some of the legion homeworlds and some of the different names used for familier regions. Quite interesting. (Incidently I found it interesting that Davin is on the Maelstroms doorstep... read into that what you will).

TheDungen
08-03-2013, 11:51
The question is, does the imperium know this?

Wyrmwood
08-03-2013, 11:57
Yea the Beyrayel book has a good map of the Imperium at the end of the Great Crusade. Notes some of the legion homeworlds and some of the different names used for familier regions. Quite interesting. (Incidently I found it interesting that Davin is on the Maelstroms doorstep... read into that what you will).
I'm not sure what you're getting at, Baphomael. Unless you think it has something to do with the Badab War? :confused:

totgeboren
08-03-2013, 12:07
I'm not sure what you're getting at, Baphomael. Unless you think it has something to do with the Badab War? :confused:

Why would it? I think he was getting more at the planet being a semi-chaos world, as it sort of skims the edges of the largest natural warpspace/realspace overlap in the galaxy. Which makes sense, considering what else we know of the world.

baphomael
08-03-2013, 12:09

Nah, rather the coincidence that two great heroes both started their massive strops in that area.i guess theres something about being so close to a hole in reality.

Also, probably explains the Davinite lodges quite a bit.

TheDungen
09-03-2013, 15:28
yeah but it brings up the question why the way larger eye of terror is never shown to have such an effect on its surroundign systems (except caliban).

Khorneguy
09-03-2013, 15:51
yeah but it brings up the question why the way larger eye of terror is never shown to have such an effect on its surroundign systems (except caliban).

It does, but the Imperium's better at putting down Chaotic corruption around that area, as they expect it more and strive to make sure they're some of the most loyal planets in the Imperium, seeing as they're the one area of the imperium that regularly comes in contact with chaos without being mind-wiped every time.

Hell, Cadia itself was the centre of a major chaotic sect before it became a fortress world. They openly worshipped chaos and every inhabitant had violet eyes. It was also the planet that corrupted Lorgar

Also, Vraks was pretty close to the eye and look what happened there

baphomael
09-03-2013, 16:09
^ further was it not the senior inquisitor running the Interior Guard who commented "this world breeds recidivists like a pond breeds scum", or something along those lines. Despite being an entirely militarised planet... cadia still sees a lot of dangerous activity within its own populous. Probably explains the heavy Inquisitorial presence.

Being that close to a hole that spits out unreality is going to addle some minds.

TheDungen
09-03-2013, 20:42
Hmm purple eyes mean gifted by chaos? Also how big is the eye of terror?

Oh and was lorgar.corrupted by chaos before the emperor found the lion? I mean cadia is on the earth side of the eye while caliban was on the far side.

It's also strange cause medusa is quite close to cadia and ferrus was the fourth primarch found. The crusade should've reached cadia before lorgar was even found.

Edit: lorgar was found after the lion. Wth why did they not bring cadia into complience the first time they toured the area around the eye?

Vaulkhar
09-03-2013, 23:28
I thought the purple eyes was more of a 'things aren't quite normal around here' hint rather than a 'fully paid up and gifted Chaos worshipper' thing. Lorgar's corruption is a trickier thing to put a date on. The seeds are undoubtedly sown during his stay on Colchis but he doesn't go full gribbly until after Monarchia.

As for Cadia's compliance, I can think of a couple of explanations, but it's been a while since I read The First Heretic.

1: The Crusade Fleets 'missed' Cadia in their first sweep through the region. Unless you're interested in getting in or out of the Eye or stopping someone doing so, Cadia is a backwater of little interest. It might simply have been one of those systems that was tagged as a low priority for the Crusade to come back and deal with later.

2: Cadia was brought into compliance, in much the same way as Davin was - all smiles and the Imperial Truth when the iterators were around but breaking out the diseased pigs when they weren't.

The bearded one
10-03-2013, 00:20
Here's that particular map from 'Betrayal'. Istvann's at the top.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/2/20/ImperiMap.jpg

TheDungen
10-03-2013, 09:21
yeah its intresting how far out istavaan really is. it really is the warhamemr 40k version of taking someone out the back and shooting them.