PDA

View Full Version : Posting rules question

Anakonda
04-03-2013, 22:04
Sorry if this is in wrong section, but i couldnt find where else to put this.

I know we are allowed to post point costs of units as long as we dont specify how much each "upgrade" costs (i.e. we can say: CSM + 5 meltas + 31 plasma jets 190 pts total, but we cant say CSM (10 each) + 5 meltas (3 each) + 31 Plasma jets (894 each)). But what if I'm listing a unit without upgrades?

I.e. Typhus (550). Do i just skip his cost at all, or am i allowed to add something like "HQ total: 550" or whatever afterwards?

(all points are fake obv)

Anakonda
05-03-2013, 20:11
Really? Noone?

Putro Pestilentae
05-03-2013, 20:17
ummm if i knew what the hell you meant i would say something but...

Anakonda
05-03-2013, 20:25
ummm if i knew what the hell you meant i would say something but...

Long time ago when i posted an army list here, i was warned by mods for writing exact numbers of points that the list was made up of. So in order to avoid getting warned again, i decided to seek an answer.

NixonAsADaemonPrince
05-03-2013, 20:31
I've just checked the Warseer posting guidelines, and while I can't find a specific mention of not being able to post points values, there is a Warning for "Violation of Intellectual Property" which I would think would include points values.

So I'd comment (As a random forum user) that it's best practice not to post points values, so that there's no chance of Warseer getting any trouble from the companies who publish said points values.

Nikolaus
05-03-2013, 20:42
If its just typhus as your only HQ, have the points cost for him written as "HQ - 225" (or however much he is), or have it as points on total for the army.

I mean if you label each and every points cost (not using exact pts cost) like VoLTW - 10pts, combi-melta - 22pts, CCW - 2 pts, shiny belt - x pt etc, your post will most likely be taken down but if you have says

10x marines, 2 melta, MoN, PF/PP champ - 250pts.. iits allowed

NixonAsADaemonPrince
05-03-2013, 21:21
It's a bit of a grey area, and I can't give you a definitive answer, but personally I don't post any points values apart from the total in an army list, as I think it's rather unnecessary. Anyone interested in the list will very likely know the costs of the units involved anyway, so I don't see how posting them helps.

Anakonda
06-03-2013, 01:07
Allright cheers for your input guys