PDA

View Full Version : For the Greater Good - The Lost Guard

Rivyn
07-03-2013, 06:00
Ok, forth and last project for the time being!

This project will be ran concurrently with my chaos, space marine and Tyranid projects.

The Tau were the last army I started collecting but for various reasons I gave it up shortly after buying a few models. I loved the concept of the Tau and even though they've made them a bit more omnious with implications of brain washing and other nonsense I choose to look at them as they were originally intended to be as that was part of their appeal for me. They werent like all the other xenophobic, self serving, all devouring races that populated the galaxy which in my opinion made their race more interesting and thats what I'm gonna keep in mind with my army.

--------------

ok, so here's what I have at the moment

I am pretty sure this is a Commander Farsight which I was surprised to find is no longer listed for purchase on the Games Workshop website. However that being said, I think it'll probably turn out to be a Tau XV8 Crisis Suit because I cant remember seeing Farsight's sword when I had quick browse through it, but I may just have overlooked it. I'll find out when I put it together.

Here's my warriors, but here's the thing
The box only comes with twelve fire warriors......... but I have fourteen (one isnt in the picture because I found it after I took the photo) and the extra two are of the exact same style as the rest and they're not made of metal....... so figure that out because I'm confused >>;

Yeah I aint proud of this fella; I did a **** poor job of putting him together and I need to make some serious repairs to it, along with some superficial sprucing up with green stuff >,,>

Pathfinders (guns are in my Tau bits box.)

I love the Pirahna, but I still think they seriously didn't put a lot of thought into fast attack vehicle designs for the Tau.
Regardless this needs some repair work as well and I'll ever have to make a new flying base for it or order in some new flying bases because I always manage to break the stupid things.

Rivyn
17-04-2013, 06:26
Making a brief update

I decided to put my Chaos project on hold for a number of reasons and focus instead on my Tau; primarily though because Tau are still relatively cheap to collect in the grand scheme of things and............ well quite frankly the riptide looks sooooo damn cool and its resparked my interest in Tau >,,>

anyway, I havent done a lot but here's a couple of WIP pics

The paint job looks shoddy because they're not finished yet. I still have a few coats to do, but I plan on darkening the paint jobs with several coats of Nuln Oil. The paint job on the battlesuit and pirahna probably look bad though because I had to paintstrip them and I didnt have a lot of dettol left when I did so it didn't clean them as well I would have liked to and the battlesuit was caked with glue in places, which is the case with a few of the models and many of the others are broken so they're probably not going to look as good as brandnew models, which is why I'm focusing on just getting the paint scheme right before I buy new models to add to the roster for the time being.

I'm not happy with the legs on the unpainted battlesuit commander, but the glue has dried pretty damn strong and I'm worried that I might break it if I try to remove the legs and reposition them but we'll see what happens.

I've only undercoated the models - well the majority of them at the moment - as I havent got the money to spare finding a suitable primer, but I will primemy next set of models when I get them

Ad-Hoc
19-04-2013, 01:09
Good luck with the recovery. Always something nice about recovering an old army project and giving it life again.

Captain Brown
19-04-2013, 15:45
Ok, forth and last project for the time being!

Here's my warriors, but here's the thing
The box only comes with twelve fire warriors......... but I have fourteen (one isnt in the picture because I found it after I took the photo) and the extra two are of the exact same style as the rest and they're not made of metal....... so figure that out because I'm confused >>;

Here is hoping you can resist starting another. ;) I am not certain how many project logs I have done over the years, I have at least four or five more not in my signature. :(

I have a little experience in building a Tau army from damaged and painted figures that needed some paint removed and TLC.

You might find that you are short torsos for your 'extra' Tau Firewarriors (as the sprues have extra legs). There also was a promotion or contest as one time where they gave out Tau Firewarrior models for a painting contest here in Canada (the main Tau player in my group acquired some that way). Finally some folks use the torso and/or legs from the Tank Commander figure that comes in the Devilfish/Hammerhead Kits.

Good luck,

CB