PDA

View Full Version : fenris ladder campaign

grandmasterfred
09-03-2013, 09:01
the title says it all gentlemen I'm looking to have a campaign depicting an imperial invasion of Fenris due to covert chaos manipulation
clearly the first mission would be some form of planet strike game, but I'm not sure where to go from there in the case of missions. it goes with out saying that a siege on the fang will be a part of the end game
but between that I'm not sure how to go about doing . Any help would be appreciated.

Maksho
09-03-2013, 09:11
Don't have anything specific but if you do this campaign I wholeheartedly believe you need to have a mission where the forces are duking it out on the ice shelves that overlook the ocean. Have the table be all split into big chunks and throw in some zany rules for drowning and ice drift and such. Similarly, I think the final mission should use the zone mortalis rules and be inside the great hall, because lets face it, the only way for a campaign like this to end is for the head hanchos and their elite few duking it out in a drunken rune carved great hall. GL with the camp

dangerboyjim
09-03-2013, 09:37
Don't have anything specific but if you do this campaign I wholeheartedly believe you need to have a mission where the forces are duking it out on the ice shelves that overlook the ocean. Have the table be all split into big chunks and throw in some zany rules for drowning and ice drift and such. Similarly, I think the final mission should use the zone mortalis rules and be inside the great hall, because lets face it, the only way for a campaign like this to end is for the head hanchos and their elite few duking it out in a drunken rune carved great hall. GL with the camp

For the ice flow battle, get as many small tables as you can, and have each one scatter d6 inches round the living room and rotate 2d6 in a random direction. At the end of the battle each 'iceberg' is held by the side with the most scoring units, and the winner is the player that controls the most icebergs.

Nikolaus
09-03-2013, 13:04
the title says it all gentlemen I'm looking to have a campaign depicting an imperial invasion of Fenris due to covert chaos manipulation
clearly the first mission would be some form of planet strike game, but I'm not sure where to go from there in the case of missions. it goes with out saying that a siege on the fang will be a part of the end game
but between that I'm not sure how to go about doing . Any help would be appreciated.

Why dont you adapt the campaign in the HH Betrayal book? It has an interesting planet strike-esque missions, as well as corridor fighting (the zone mortalis stuff), that can be explained away as fighting within the fang itself..

all you have to do is make it less HH and more 40k/SW ish

if you're interested in the HH book, PM me.

Soss
09-03-2013, 16:13
If you read the Battle of the Fang it is about the Thousand Sons invading Fenris just as you describe.

I would play it that the planet strike mission gets you on fenris itself. I also came up with an alternative to a planet strike game that has been fun for us in our campaign. It is in this thread http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?366608-Planet-Strike-alternative

Then you could play a Eternal War mission or even a Spearhead Game that is the advancement to the fang. If you played a spearhead game on an Ice Table that would be cool to think that at anytime the heavy tanks would crack the ice under them and fall into the ocean.

Then the final would be an Apocalypse Game at the fang itself. You could also add some Kill Team games along the way where the winner of those would get special stratagems to use in the Apoc game, maybe one KT game could be in some underground tunnels and the winner secure a path way into the fang, winner gets the Tunnels Stratagem for free in the Apoc game.

We are playing a campaign right now that involves teh same concept, each player has three worlds and each has 3 defending locations. I have it set up that the critical location has to be a Apoc game, which would be the fang here. The other locations offer benifits to the controller of them when the Apoc game is played.

grandmasterfred
10-03-2013, 06:44
perhaps a kill team of guardsmen vs wolves and what not as a kill team alternately hunting down or attempting to protect space wolf neophytes on there final
i suppose i could even make up some neophyte space wolves for the kill teams :/