PDA

View Full Version : Empire 2500pt army list: Opinions please!

Joverfield
10-03-2013, 13:27
Lords

General of the Empire:
Full plate armour, shield, great weapon,
warhorse with barding, Runefang and
Helm of the Skavenslayer
247pts
(In unit of Inner Circle knights)

Battle wizard lord:
Level 4, pegasus, armour of meteoric iron
Using lore of the shadows
295pts

Heroes

Warrior Priest:
Great weapon, heavy armour, shield
and Von Horstmann's Speculum
114pts
(In unit of Greatswords)

Witch Hunter:
Brace of pistols
55pts
(In unit of handgunners)

Battle wizard:
Level 2, dispel scroll and using
Lore of fire
125pts
(In unit of swordsmen)

Master engineer (http://www.warseer.com/forums/#):
Light armour and pigeon bombs
86pts

Core units

Swordsmen:
19 men with full command
163pts
Detachment of 10 halbediers: 60pts

Spearmen:
20 men with shields and full command
130pts
Detachment of 10 halbediers: 60pts

Crossbowmen:
10 men with marksman
100pts

Handgunners:
9 men with marksman with Hochland Long rifle
111pts

Inner Circle Knights:
9 men with full command and steel standard
290pts

Special Units

Pistoliers:
5 men with Outrider with repeater brace of pistols
110pts

Greatswords:
9 men with full command
129pts

Great cannon: 120pts

Reiksguard knights:
10 men with full command
300pts

Total= 2495pts

MrScobie
10-03-2013, 13:37
Personal preference here but if your going for a killy lord on horse i recommend a grand master over the general.
In a 2500pts game I would also take a large block of swordsmen in core, say 30-40 with a detachment of halberdiers. smaller size than this just won't usually cut it as most people will have large units.
Greatswords im pretty sure have a minimum of 10 models? Also i'd recommend 30 as a minimum for this unit as they will always take casualties before they can strike back.

Juicy21
10-03-2013, 15:48
1 small thing your wizard cant wear armour.. and you kinda need to horde ure troops cause you got so mutch small stuf in there as said above:)

Tigranius
14-03-2013, 13:33
-wizard can not have magic armor (unless it says so on the item, which was the case with 1 armor in the previous Empire book, but not this one anymore)
- you can only buy magic items for 100 points, you general has the Runefang and a Helmet .. so thats more then 100 points.
- witch hunters need to be close to an enemy to do of value, 12'' shots and the other rules he has (escapes me now what they are exactly) and your handgunners you want to keep at 24'' because they will not do that well in CC. So that doesnt mix too well i would say.
- If you are going to use an Engineer, i would suggest using more artillery.
- Those Greatswords are too small a unit to break something in a combat, they are T3 and stike last, You should keep in mind you will have casualties before you get to strike. Make them at least 30, pref 40.
- If you go for Knights as a hammer, put in some Heroes. General is great. But put the Warrior Priest on a horse and put him in. Knights need to punch in enough wounds to kill or break. Reroll to hit helps a lot.
- Two units of Knights is expensive, but great if you can run them besides one another and let them chanrge together.

Just a couple of pointers, hope it helps :)

Lord Solar Plexus
14-03-2013, 13:59
The General is a comparatively weak fighter, so gearing him towards combat is throwing points at a weakness. Taking a Great Weapon is completely useless as he has to use his magic weapon, no choice. He also cannot use a shield in CC in conjunction with the Great Weapon. Also, as has been said, keep the magic item allowance in mind. A simple lance, perhaps a Sword of Might is all he needs.

A Wizard Lord on a Pegasus screams "Kill me with a cannon/bolt thrower/magic missile". Not a good idea. Put him into 10 archers or one of those token infantry units.

The Warrior Priest cannot use shield + GW in combat and is a crappy fighter. Don't give him a weapon, give him more armour. He's there to give your unit a boost, so he needs to survive.

Drop the light armour on the ME. Waste of perfectly good points.

Knights are okay but only two combat units and then hordes of chaff...that's problematic. Your infantry units...they're microscopic and will go poof in the first combat, if not earlier. Unless you intend to use them as diverters and flank with the Knights, which can and does work but even then your Knights will probably get stuck.

Sandrios
14-03-2013, 20:59
To be honest with you, I would rather take Karl Franz on Deathclaw and a Captain of the Empire.

VampireOrcElf
15-03-2013, 07:52
-wizard can not have magic armor (unless it says so on the item, which was the case with 1 armor in the previous Empire book, but not this one anymore)
- you can only buy magic items for 100 points, you general has the Runefang and a Helmet .. so thats more then 100 points.
- witch hunters need to be close to an enemy to do of value, 12'' shots and the other rules he has (escapes me now what they are exactly) and your handgunners you want to keep at 24'' because they will not do that well in CC. So that doesnt mix too well i would say.
- If you are going to use an Engineer, i would suggest using more artillery.
- Those Greatswords are too small a unit to break something in a combat, they are T3 and stike last, You should keep in mind you will have casualties before you get to strike. Make them at least 30, pref 40.
- If you go for Knights as a hammer, put in some Heroes. General is great. But put the Warrior Priest on a horse and put him in. Knights need to punch in enough wounds to kill or break. Reroll to hit helps a lot.
- Two units of Knights is expensive, but great if you can run them besides one another and let them chanrge together.

Just a couple of pointers, hope it helps :)

Runefang and the helm is exactly 100points, he doesnt need the helm anyways because he has a +1 save from being mounted

Bigman
15-03-2013, 19:00
Why have you got a great weapon and the runefang on your general? He can't wield both.

thegrumbliestpuppy
21-03-2013, 22:29
You've got over 900 points in characters. That is waaaay too much IMHO.
If you cut it down to 600 you'd have enough leftover points for nearly 50 statesmen

thegrumbliestpuppy
21-03-2013, 22:34
Also, out of your 922 points in characters you don't have a BSB. A battle standard bearer is one of the most important things you can get in an empire army (or in most armies).
I'd recommend cutting the witchhunter, level 2 wizard and the runefang+helm