PDA

View Full Version : The price is right?

Zap Branigan!
11-03-2013, 08:38
Hey just thought I wud post this question to see what people think. Price bashing GW is always popular but while writing a warband list for Lucius the eternal something got me thinking...

At the moment I want ten man squads of noise marines all armed with sonic blasters and a blast master lead by an aspiring champion.

To buy that from GW at the moment wud cost me 50! And I would be leftover with a pointless blastmaster and two sonic blasters.

Now hear is my point, so at the mo that is crap. But as we know GW will at some point make plastic noise marines. So not only will they be better sculpts and have more options if they are priced the same as current space marine sets they will also be CHEAPER! and thats me assuming they go for a five man box set at around the 23 mark.

So is GW all that bad? Making its models better and cheaper?

Worldeaters
11-03-2013, 10:06
I wouldn't call 46 10 msn squad better and cheaper than a 50 ten man squad. An improvement would have been a maximum 30 for a 10 man box of cult marines.
Despite the noise marine reference this will get moved to GW General.

Konovalev
11-03-2013, 17:45
So is GW all that bad? Making its models better and cheaper?
I have a feeling this thread is going to get very interesting in the near future.

I think rather than holding out for a kit that may or may not be produced, and who knows when if it is, try a bits dealer for the requisite parts. Or convert what you need.

Surgency
11-03-2013, 17:58
theres a ton of threads on GW pricing already, and this will just become a place for the GW haters to come and bash some more

Chem-Dog
11-03-2013, 18:06
Personally, I'd prefer a squad of 10 men with just enough options to equip a maximised squad, with a little bit of optional bling if there's space on the sprue.
1 Asp Champ, one Blastmaster and eight Sonic Blasters. All models detailed with some good old Slaanesh decorative flair, not much more in a box of 10 Marines than you'd normally expect to see.
Would seem fairly reasonable at 25 quid, a little more costly than a Tactical squad or the CSM equivalent but not extortionately so.

Wintermute
11-03-2013, 18:37
Comments regarding GW's Pricing Policy are restricted to this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?209297-Games-Workshop-Pricing-Feedback-Thread) thread.

Thread Closed

Wintermute