PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids effect on the warp.

Gingerwerewolf
12-03-2013, 12:44
Hey all - A bit of a Theoretical for you:

With all the descriptions of the Tyranids and the effect that they have on Psychers and Shadow in the Warp - what would happen to the Gods of Chaos and Daemons if the Tyranids were to to consume the entire Galaxy?

No more Emotions, no souls to consume, and the only Psychic Creature or Force being of Tyranid in origin.

Are there any descriptions of what the systems that have been entirely consumed look like in the warp?

Camman1984
12-03-2013, 17:20
That depends whether the chaos gods are universal or just part of this galaxy.

Camman1984
12-03-2013, 17:25
Stupid phone wont let me finish. If the gods are just part of this galaxy, then their power would wane as they are wholly dependant on emotions and the presence of different races feeling in the warp. I imagine it wouldnt be smooth though. I think, as things got really bad khorne would get stronger, blood is blood after all. Then as civilisation collapsed, and things became desperate, slaneesh may have a bit of an upsurge due to humanity devolving to cannabalism, greed, selfishness then finally nurgle would be stronger as the galaxy rotted. not sure how tzeentch fits in, for all the mutations and evolution of thr tyranids, who knows, maybe he started them?

ryng_sting
12-03-2013, 17:27
They'd be stumped, in the long run - although I don't see the Tyranids making much headway in the Eye or the Maelstrom, no matter how many creatures they throw at them.

Camman1984
12-03-2013, 17:34
The maelstrom and eye would be calmer if the warp lost power so they may be able to go nomming

Lothlanathorian
12-03-2013, 18:45
According to some very old Tyranid fluff, the Chaos Gods are native to our galaxy alone, but, the Warp is everywhere.