PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Last October's Uberlist

Azazyll
13-03-2013, 21:36
I'm referring to this:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?349410-HUGE-40k-(-amp-Hobbit)-release-list

Now that we are approaching the timeframe to which the list supposedly pertained, what are peoples' thoughts? I'm not sure what the final verdict was, but it seemed to me that the core rumormongers never entirely nixed it. Now that we've had a few months away from it, what say you?

I find it interesting that the list predicted the Greater Daemons would not be out with the codex, nor any new furies. The dual kit seems a bust, although I don't have the new codex yet. I would also add that that would be a pretty easy fix on GW part in response to the list - just drop the second unit idea.

I suppose definitive proof will only come when we have the new Tau codex and can see if any of those entries match up with new things in the book.

aim
13-03-2013, 21:44
I'll be very upset if that is all that the Tau get with their codex to be perfectly honest!

nedius
13-03-2013, 21:46
Thing is, even were that list accurate, the fact it has been out so long has given GW more than enough time to rejig schedules to make it look fake, should they wish.

mostlyharmless
13-03-2013, 21:58
If that's all the love the Tau get, you can't rightly call next month a legit codex release.

ForgottenLore
13-03-2013, 22:58
We're still more than 3 months away from when that list was reportedly supposed to kick in. I will reserve judgement until at least July.

That said, Harry was non-committal on the subject saying (I think) that he had no information but that it looked plausibly, but Hastings said the list was "complete cack", while qualifying it by saying that didn't preclude some of the stuff on the list from seeing the light of day eventually.

Azazyll
14-03-2013, 01:31
Well, some of the models would already have been in production or even finished, but yes, they could definitely rejigger it. I got the sense that it was a second wave of Tau, and that the first full codex release on the list was Eldar.

But if Hastings said cack, I suppose that's what it is. I missed that one in all the furor

Voss
14-03-2013, 03:19
The 'warp stalkers/chaos furies' certainly indicate nonsense.

The SM/Ork/Eldar lists are far too huge to be true. Still.