Horror x21 286
Blood crushers x4 290
Flamers x6 250
Flamers x6 250

Exalted Seeker chariot 220
Burning chariot with Blue fire 170

Equals 1999

Tactics discussion
Warpflame- yes its kinda very bad however if you focus fire you can limit the effectiveness of it coming into play. also there a chance they could fail and it could be good if a wizard fails it and its in the unit. flamers will use 12d6 shots which should get around 18 wounds (mean). enough to cause panic for sure and kill single model units.

There are quite a few units to fire at leaving the horrors and flamers slightly more free. Flamers should always fire single shots in the first round since it would be pointless shooting anyway. focus fire is the name of the game.
Burning chariot uses the rules for grapeshot so -1 to saves and since its D6+4 strength and uses the flame template.
Exalted seeker chariot- its awesome for the points although not for the GW price.
Winds of magic meh, likelihood of something happening quite slim 16% chance then it could scatter. maybe into an enemy unit. Got a fast moving army so they could be in combat quickly.

I would prefer to have the daemon prince flying but its a waste of points possibly.

HalfBlood
14-03-2013, 01:32
Have you ever used the new flamers? They are pretty bad.

Remmeber they suffer from moving and shooting, Multiple shots, and long range.

They are BS4. Which means they will be hitting on atleast 4's[Multiple Shots], (Most likely 5's or 6's range 18 is too small). Average amount of shots per squad is 21.Lets assume they hit on 6's because 18 inch range is pretty hard to get within. So that means you do 3.something hits. I round up. 4 hits. Against T4 thats 2 wounds... 2 Wounds for 250 points not to mention a 66% chance to give your enemy of a regen save. Shelf them please

underscore
14-03-2013, 01:48
I'm presuming that one of the Horror units has the Flaming Banner? What are you planning on doing for magic, just rely on the Horrors?

ellerki
14-03-2013, 08:48
flaming banner is a good idea! completely forgot about it, could I have 2 of them? Magic i'm still pondering what to do the daemon prince may become a magic user. I wanted to focus on having some tough units also im trying not to buy more models atm. I wanted to try and play test the new flamers since I am curious about them. The aim with the flamers is to have them suffer -2 possibly -1 then they will be effective

HalfBlood
14-03-2013, 21:51
How is that going to be possible. Your always suffering -1. If your within 9 inches, then the game is most likely over. Therefore your always suffering -2. Not to mention your targets will most likely be moving away from the flamers. Forcing the flamers to move -3.

underscore
14-03-2013, 22:45
I dunno, I've seen the skirmisher/Fast cav dance of death a few times, it takes a bit of manoeuvring but with 12 inches and unlimited reforms I can see them doing a job, should the opportunity arise. 12 of them is probably excessive, mind.

ellerki
20-03-2013, 07:08
Thanks for everyone tips so far. I've now made some ammedments to the list
Daemon Prince 390 Mark of T,Lv3 wand of whimsey
22 Horrors 306 with flaming banner
22 Horrors 306 with flaming banner'
6 Beasts of Nurgle 360
6 Flamers 250
1 Exalted Seeker Chariot 220
1 Burning chariot 170 with Blue fire

decided that Flamers with a potential -3 for shooting was too much to be effective so dropped a unit. decide Nurgle Beasts were more stable than Bloodcrusher. Decided to give the daemon prince lv3 magic user and the wand of whimsey so he can increase his stats attack and strength by 1 each round. Horrors now have a fire banner to stop regen from coming into play with Warpflame rule.

underscore
20-03-2013, 12:45
Unfortunately you can only use the Flaming Banner once. Choose wisely. :)

Kalandros
20-03-2013, 18:21
Get a 2nd Burning Chariot, lose the Exalted Seeker Chariot, lose the flamers and get Screamers of tzeentch, 2 units of 3.

ellerki
21-03-2013, 06:40
ok ill drop one flaming banner. not sure about losing the exalted seeker chariot since its more effective unit for points/wounds and attacks