PDA

View Full Version : Nurgle Daemons 2400 points tournament list

selecta
14-03-2013, 11:07
This is for a warhammer tournament the rules are no special characters allowed.

Core
Plaguebearers 20 x 2

Plaguebearers 16

Special units

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Fiends of Slannesh x 3

Flamers x 5 with pirocaster

Rare

Plague Drones x 3 FC with plaugue proboscis

Heroes

Hearld of Nurgle BSB with Exalted locus of contagion

Hearld of Nurgle with Greater locus of fecundity

Lord

Great unclean one lv 4 with a lesser and Exalted gifts

Do you think I should replace unit a for another beasts of nurgle unit of 3?

BlooScreen
14-03-2013, 17:17
Hello! Too bad you can't take special characters in this list!

By my calculations you are about 30 points short. You mentioned you had another 3 beasts of nurgle you could use as well so here's my plan

Flamers:These guys have had a lot of hate recently and for good reason to be completely honest. The chance of giving an enemy regeneration with warpfire is too great especially as you don't have any hellblade-carrying daemons of Khorne. They also suffer -1 for multiple shots now. They are no longer the god support they were.

Beasts of Nurgle:I've got a thing for these ugly slug-like cess creatures. I would replace your Flamers with Beasts of Nurgle. They can support the flanks of your main unit while your Fiends make attacks instead.

Plaguebearers: I think I mention this on almost every post. The risk of being Banished! from losing a combat, while small, is game changing. An entire unit popping out of existence is not going to win you this tournament. For that reason I believe every combat needs to be won in the daemons favor.
What I would suggest is merging the two big squads together into one unit of 40. I'm not sure what you planned on doing with that smaller unit, but it might be good just to tag along a smaller squad. I'd suggest both Heralds join this big unit so you can benefit from both loci and have added combat resolution.

Heralds:
With the adjustments I suggested, the heralds should be in the same large unit. This makes you 50 points short of your 2400pt cap which is enough to buy a single Greater Gift!

I hope this helped and good luck!

BlooScreen
14-03-2013, 17:23
Oops! Forgot something!

If you're really wanting to take those Flamers for the shooting phase, you could keep the list the way it is. However I would still merge the two big units together. Along with that you need to give your BSB the banner of Eternal Flame at the cost of removing just one measly plaguebearer. This gives your guys flaming attacks which you cannot regenerate from, making your flamers useful again

KUMA
14-03-2013, 17:40
I dont believe that they can really partake in the flaming banner, as they already have magical weapons...but I may be wrong.

BlooScreen
14-03-2013, 17:46
I dont believe that they can really partake in the flaming banner, as they already have magical weapons...but I may be wrong.

Sorry, you're right! Plagueswords are magical weapons

selecta
14-03-2013, 18:26
Last time there two Vc armies who both had terrogeiths and it took a few wounds off my general last time. Now my general has less wounds and no access to regen unless I cast fleshy adundance on him. So I was thinking my game plan would be to cast curse of the leper and extent the spell. If it casts I would then shoot with my flamers this would work against most high T creatures. I feel like I would not be able to move that easy with a unit of 40 pb.

The other armies were dwarfs, beastmen, warriors of chaos, high elf, wood elf,O &G, ogre kingdoms.

KUMA
14-03-2013, 18:33
If you are really concerned about big gribblies like that, the skullcannon would take care of them quite nicely, convert it up all nurgely to keep with your theme.

Kalandros
16-03-2013, 05:43
Flaming Banner on the Drones would work for the Rot Flies though.

selecta
16-03-2013, 12:52
yes it may work and would only affect the mounts but not the rider. Normally its the other way around I thought I may stay away from common banners since I rather use thoose points on more models. It is a pitty that we dont have our own banners.

selecta
21-03-2013, 16:05
Here is my updated list

Core
Plaguebearers 20 x 1

Plaguebearers 30 x1

Special units
Nurglings x 3

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Fiends of Slannesh x 3

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Rare

skullcannon of khorne

Heroes

Hearld of Nurgle BSB with Greater locus of fecundity

Lord

Great unclean one lv 4 with a lesser and Exalted gift

Let me know what you think now?

furrie
21-03-2013, 16:14
Hello! Too bad you can't take special characters in this list!

By my calculations you are about 30 points short. You mentioned you had another 3 beasts of nurgle you could use as well so here's my plan

Flamers:These guys have had a lot of hate recently and for good reason to be completely honest. The chance of giving an enemy regeneration with warpfire is too great especially as you don't have any hellblade-carrying daemons of Khorne. They also suffer -1 for multiple shots now. They are no longer the god support they were.

Beasts of Nurgle:I've got a thing for these ugly slug-like cess creatures. I would replace your Flamers with Beasts of Nurgle. They can support the flanks of your main unit while your Fiends make attacks instead.

Plaguebearers: I think I mention this on almost every post. The risk of being Banished! from losing a combat, while small, is game changing. An entire unit popping out of existence is not going to win you this tournament. For that reason I believe every combat needs to be won in the daemons favor.
What I would suggest is merging the two big squads together into one unit of 40. I'm not sure what you planned on doing with that smaller unit, but it might be good just to tag along a smaller squad. I'd suggest both Heralds join this big unit so you can benefit from both loci and have added combat resolution.

Heralds:
With the adjustments I suggested, the heralds should be in the same large unit. This makes you 50 points short of your 2400pt cap which is enough to buy a single Greater Gift!

I hope this helped and good luck!
A unit can't benifit from multiple loci, only the highest counts

selecta
21-03-2013, 16:59
I decided to drop a Hearld of Nurgle for a skullcannon of khorne.

selecta
08-04-2013, 20:21
Here is my updated list

Core
Plaguebearers 17 x 1

Plaguebearers 30 x1 with banner of swiftness

Special units
Nurglings x 2

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Fiends of Slannesh x 3

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Rare

skullcannon of khorne

Heroes

Lord

Let me know what you think now?

manickze
08-04-2013, 20:28
Give the herald a greater gift, and opt for Fencer's blades, nothing says armour like 6s to hit in CC plus you get an extra attack. Plague proboscis is okish. perhaps run 1 big unit of 4/5 beasts and 2 single beasts. It gives you the large tarpit plus mini tarpits. Can you take Epidemius?

selecta
09-04-2013, 14:08
Give the herald a greater gift, and opt for Fencer's blades, nothing says armour like 6s to hit in CC plus you get an extra attack. Plague proboscis is okish. perhaps run 1 big unit of 4/5 beasts and 2 single beasts. It gives you the large tarpit plus mini tarpits. Can you take Epidemius?

Are u sure that daemons are allowed to take the fencet blade? I thought daemon only had access to common magic banners but correct me if I am wrong. Special characters are not allowed for this tournament otherwise I would have epidemius in. I only have 6 beast of nurgle in total and I thought that 2 units of three was a good idea.

Plague proboscis is only 15 points but I am going to test oút later this week.

Borgomos
09-04-2013, 14:16
Daemons can swap their unwanted gifts for magic weapons from the basic rulebook.

selecta
09-04-2013, 15:39
not sure about a greater gift because I had to reduce a unit of pb from 17 to 13 to afford it.

selecta
19-04-2013, 22:13
Here is my updated list

Core
Plaguebearers 17 x 1

Plaguebearers 30 x1 with banner of swiftness

Special units
Nurglings x 2

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Fiends of Slannesh x 3

Beasts of Nurgle x 3

Rare

skullcannon of khorne

Heroes

Lord

But I have just realised that the tournament has been changed 2500 points so what do you advise I add to my list.

I have nurglings and pb models non nurgle stuff is flesh hounds.