- ensorcelled weapons, full command, banner of swiftness

Mutalith vortex beast

3 Skull crushers
- full command, ensorcelled weapons, war banner

2399/2400

C and C most welcome.

selecta
17-03-2013, 17:59
why dont you make it one unit of 10 forsaken of khorne? whats your game plan here?

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 18:15
I plan on using them as support, and two units of them will work a little better. Also splitting them up gives me more options like war machine hunting or hitting the sides of units. I've never tried them before so I figured why not. Plus a single block of ten will prevent some from fighting.

selecta
17-03-2013, 18:29
you should maybe find time to play test them before the tournament.

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 18:33
Yea that's my plan. Has anyone used them, and what are some thoughts?

Neknoh
17-03-2013, 18:37
This looks like a lot of damn fun!
You go win this thing!

The one thing I would reconsider would be the size of the Warriors and the size of the Knights, if you drop two warriors to make them 18, you should nearly have enough points for a sixth knight to slot in there. I just don't ever see the real point in merely five knights when frontages are large enough to allow six into almost every single combat.

I have a similar list up for discussion in the tactica-thread, go have a look at what has been said there for some additional thoughts on the Mutalith concept.

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 19:01
Yea I was running the warriors 7 by 3 with festus. Should I consider 17 with festus, and drop vanguards and that could add a knight and something else. Maybe another magic level on prince?

MOMUS
17-03-2013, 19:10
Nice list, why the vortex beast? Unfamiliar withe the rules.

Neknoh
17-03-2013, 19:22
Oh, didn't see Festus in the list.

I'd say yes, drop three Warriors to make room for Festus in the unit and try to free up points either for more Forsaken in their units (one more in each to guard a bit better against shooting and to kill things quicker) or for one more Knight

zielonkak
17-03-2013, 19:40
Yea was thinking that too. I'm going with the mutalith for the first time also, but I like how it is a monster with a bound spell, and I can buff the regen too. Also considered dropping breath weapon on chimera too, not too sure if it will be nessesary in this list

Clanmac
18-03-2013, 11:43
Very interested in how the Mutalith goes for you. I play similar list but with Tzeentch war shrine for bound spell 'monster' and Slaanesh chariot for 250pts instead of the new tentical beast. My DP goes mark of nurgle, scaled skin, chaos armour, helm of eyes, soul feeder providing 1+\5++, -1hit, ASF, 300pt smelly brute. But I like your level 2, charmed shield build for another 100pts. Go WOC we still have some mean lists!

zielonkak
18-03-2013, 18:02
I could also drop the flaming breath on chimera, and three warriors for a third block of forsaken

zielonkak
18-03-2013, 18:03
Oh and drop the vanguard on hounds

Clanmac
19-03-2013, 11:37
I would leave flaming breath and vanguard. Flaming part is situational but the additional 2d6 Str 4 hits in combat will allow it to hit up on infantry without getting tar pitted for too long. Vanguard can force opponent to deal with dogs early with shooting or allow more effective redirect.

zielonkak
22-03-2013, 17:18
ok so i dropped a coulple warriors and added a knight and added poison to hounds. i played a game against ogres and it went really well. I knocked everything he had off the board by turn 5. a few things that i have learned. Forsaken are amazing when you get the dice to roll in your favor. They surprised me tons. the vortex beast was fun, and the bound spell i used just added to it by pissing off the player every turn when he failed dispelling it. the chimera was pretty good too...i didnt get to use the breath weapon due to killing everything he charged, all 3 turns of combat he faced. but the coolest thing that happened, was watching my warrior champion ascend to a daemon prince....SWEET..only to get charged by morfang and die.

overall this was a really successful first game with this list, and i may need to hold on to it for a while...next games will be against lizardmen and empire.

zielonkak
27-03-2013, 03:57
Battle update. Game 1 vs empire. Minor victory and slaughter fest. Game 2 vs lizards was a minor victory and lots of running around. Did kill slann though

Tainted-By-Chaos
29-03-2013, 07:20
Personally, Id drop vortex beast, add another 2 levels on your DP if possible. With other left over points, add a knight, maybe another skullcrusher or whatever. But thats just that the Vortex Beast never performed for me, so was a waste of money.. but thats just me.

zielonkak
29-03-2013, 10:40
He actually has worked our for me so far. I pick my battles with him, and use him for late game rushes. Plus he adds a spell a turn for me to annoy enemy spell caster.