PDA

View Full Version : blowpipes?

fishound7
20-03-2013, 05:51
I can't find what they do in the rulebook... can someone tell me pls? in the middle of a game. atm treating them as slings

T10
20-03-2013, 06:06
Slings sound fine, though short bows would perhaps be better stand-ins.

The blowpipes are described in the Lizardmen Army list. The army list seems like a practical thing to have at hand since it details several of the special rules used by the models in the army.

Unless I'm wrong, blowpipes are 22" range, Strength 3, Multiple Shots, Poisoned Attacks.

RejjeN
20-03-2013, 11:06
I'll assume that's a typo up there, the range is 12" (giving a skink skirmisher unit an effective range of 24~ due to their M6 and marching)
Edit: Though for normal skinks you generally want to get into short range, otherwise you'll be hitting on 7's with multi-shot (move, long range, multishot for a total of -3 to hit) and poison doesn't work if you need more than 6 to hit.

gorblud
20-03-2013, 11:42
I'll assume that's a typo up there, the range is 12" (giving a skink skirmisher unit an effective range of 24~ due to their M6 and marching)
Edit: Though for normal skinks you generally want to get into short range, otherwise you'll be hitting on 7's with multi-shot (move, long range, multishot for a total of -3 to hit) and poison doesn't work if you need more than 6 to hit.

Remember that you don't have to use multpile shots. You can march close to the enemy and shoot as normal, wounding and hitting on 6's (poison), then you'll probably be in range to march, use the multple shot special rule and still hit on 6's