PDA

View Full Version : Flying Heavy Support Transports for Chaos?

bhusus
22-03-2013, 15:05
Straightforward question - Does Chaos have anything essentially equivalent to a Stormraven for the BA? I just want to know if there are any available options because I have 3 open Heavy slots in the current Force Organization (standard) list I'm working on. I know I can field essentially whatever I want in Apoc and in general games - I get that - I just want to know if there is another option before I go that way.

Gig
22-03-2013, 15:12
Chaos can field the Storm Eagle which is basically a Storm Talon with a few different weapons

Erzanj
22-03-2013, 15:13
Well, you've got the ForgeWorld Storm Eagle, wich can be used by Chaos forces. The experimental rules allowed it with some minor modifications (reaper autocannon, no Power of the Machine Spirit, etc).

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Space_Marines/Space_Marine_Aircraft/STORM_EAGLE.html

Maybe bit pricey, though. :)

Edit: Damn ninjas !

bhusus
22-03-2013, 15:13
From my understanding that's an FA choice...unless I have outdated rules (IA: Aeronautica)?

Bad monkey
22-03-2013, 15:14
Think the only one we have in game is the dread claw.

In the background we have thunder hawks but I'm sure they're stolen.

Flogger
22-03-2013, 15:15
Eagle is fast attack. Aeronautica is correct.

Still an awesome choice!

bhusus
22-03-2013, 15:22
I'm tempted to swap out my Raptors for the Storm Eagles and then look for a flying Heavy "tank" instead...but I'm curious if I have other options first

atlantis
22-03-2013, 16:38
IA Aeronautica is the current rules to use for the storm eagle. and yes sadly it is the only flyer transport option for chaos. just bare in mind some ppl don't let you use FW stuff, eaven with the new system, and it cant be used in most events. tho I have no problem with FW stuff in friendly games

bhusus
22-03-2013, 17:37
I only play against my brother so that's not a concern; we just try to stick to reasonable rules like the force organization chart, hence my asking - I know I play chaos but I gotta follow some rules ;)

RunepriestRidcully
23-03-2013, 12:16
Also it suffers from the same problem the contemptor dreadnought does, in that the loyalist one is sadly better for a similar/lower price..

atlantis
24-03-2013, 10:32
stormeagle in chaos is cheeper cos of lack of POTMS