PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2000 Pts List

tantalus
22-03-2013, 23:14
I could use some advice for an upcoming 2000 Pt tournament.

1985 Pts (15 points to unallocated)

Lords
Daemon Prince (475) - MoT, Lvl 4, Enchanted Shield, Chaos armor, Scaled Skin, Flame Breath, Soul Feeder

Heroes
Exalted Hero (144) - MoT, BSB, Halberd, Shield
Throgg (195)

Core
Chaos Warriors x14 (268) Full Command, Shields, MoT - DP goes here
Chaos Warriors x17 (268) Full Command, Shields, MoT - Throgg and BSB goes here
Warhounds 5 (30)
Warhounds 5 (30)

Special
Gorebeast Chariot (135) - MoT
Gorebeast Chariot (135) - MoT

Rare
SkullCrushers x3 (254)- Ensorcelled Weapons, Musician, Standard (left out champion so I dont have to challenge)

Mikael.K
22-03-2013, 23:50
Throgg and no trolls? Seems kinda like a waste to me.

tantalus
23-03-2013, 00:13
What would be another option? Hard to beat 195 points for 5x str8 attacks, stomp, and a str 5 breath weapon

Fighting Newfoundlander
23-03-2013, 01:01
a str 5 breath weapon w/no armour saves!
yeah, never a bad choice, but still... no trolls?
what's a king w/o his subjects?

tantalus
23-03-2013, 01:12
Unless it is fire weapons he gets a 4++ which is still pretty awesome, but that is why he is in a squad so people can't pick him out. As to the challenges, that is what the Aspiring Champion is for. Anyway with an ave breath attack he usually breaks the squad they hit.

As to no Trolls hehe I'm sure we can come up with some epic adventure he went on where they all died so he teams up with this group of Warriors to avenge his honor.

riotknight
23-03-2013, 02:00
Uhhhh... DPs and throgg can be sniped out of units unless they are the same type. Throgg is Monsterous Infantry and the DP is a monster. No LoS in infantry units.

thegrumbliestpuppy
23-03-2013, 08:22
You can't put a Demon Prince in a unit. Monstrous characters may not join units at all.

Throgg can, since he is a Monstrous Infantry character, but riotknight is correct, Throgg won't get any "Look out sir!" rule unless he is in a unit of trolls or ogres.

tantalus
23-03-2013, 15:45
Do you happen to know what page that is on?

Ok, so how do i correct that or is that acceptable?

byrothegyro
23-03-2013, 16:32
Change enchanted shield on your DP to a charmed shield, he will still have a 1+ and will get a 2++ against the first hit. I'd add the dragon bane gem too so he has a 2++ against fire.

For Throgg you could drop one of the units of warriors for trolls instead, but I'm guessing you don't have troll models? If you can though I would put him in some trolls, and put your BSB in the warriors and your DP should be fine on his own. Throgg will probably be fine in a unit of warriors, but you do run the risk or artillery killing him so that's up to you if you want to take the risk.

You might give your BSB a dragon helm that way he will have a 2+ and since you have 15pts to allocate, the dragon helm and the dragon bane gem together is 15pts.

Also glimmering pendant is really nice on skullcrushers for the re-roll first failed ld test.

tantalus
24-03-2013, 00:59
Thank you for you suggestions.

Might be worth also adding wings to the DP, dropping Throgg and picking up a Chimera? I think since they are both monsters he would get a Look out Sir roll?

BSB i thought can't take any magical gear?

zielonkak
24-03-2013, 02:34
Chaos can as long as there is no banner also

riotknight
24-03-2013, 04:21
There is no way for a Daemon Prince to get a Look out Sir roll. The most popular builds for him concist of a 1+/5++ MoN with charmed shield and dragonbane gem (mine carries sword of,striking).

Chimeras and trolls can act as screens to try and stop cannon balls but they are vulnerable, best way to protect him is to use wings and terrain and get into combat.

byrothegyro
24-03-2013, 05:19
Yeah like riotknight said, you only get LoS if you are either in or within 3" of a unit of the same troop type with 5 rank and file models so monsters can't get LoS.