PDA

View Full Version : 2000 pts Empire - First list / New Army

Maskedman5oh4
23-03-2013, 17:34
With the new Chaos books, I decided to get off the bandwagon (been playing chaos for the since 6th) and give an army I have always wanted to play a go at it- Empire.

I am still building the army and I have a lot of things that didn't find their way onto this list because I ran out of points! Helblaster, 40 Greatswords, more State Troops etc. I plan on getting one of the big contraptions also- Huricanum or the big magnifying glass. Please give me your criticisms and comments!!

2000 pts Empire

General of the Empire (with Inner Circle Knights) 141 pts
- kit undecided

Warrior Priest - 72 pts
- heavy armor, GW - (with swordsmen 1)

Warrior Priest - 72 pts
- heavy armor, GW - (with swordsmen 2)

Wizard - 100 pts
-lvl 2 with (swordsmen 1)

Wizard - 100 pts
-lvl 2 - with (swordsmen 2)

28 x Swordsmen
- full comm, 10 x halberdier detachment

28 x Swordsmen
- full comm, 10 x halberdier detachment

9 x Inner Circle Knights
- Full Comm

Great Cannon - 120
Great Cannon - 120

6 x Pistoliers - 108
6 x Pistoliers - 108

4 x Demigryph Knights - 262
- full comm

Ullis
23-03-2013, 17:40
Very solid indeed. Personally I would stick my general with one of the swordsmen units, State Troops need the "inspiring presence", and I would stick one of Warrior Priests with the Inner Circle Knights. Also, your lack of chaff might be an issue. Other than that, I think you have a very strong foundation mate.

Asuryan's Spear
25-03-2013, 01:07
Being a fan of both swordsmen and knights, not really in favour atm, I find it hard to find fault with this list. My main concern is the general, I'd gear him as a support character: maybe enchanted shield for 2+ AS wouldn't bother with making him righty as he'll be mediocre at best and won't stand up to any CC lord that comes his way. Some nice extra effects like stubborn(crown of command) terror(terrifying mask of Eee) and HTL will serve well and he'll kill the odd trooper

My main concern is your lack of a BSB. Empire Ld isn't great and a bsb is really a must have if your looking at staying in the fight in the long term.

Another quibble: frontline wizards. Putting them in the swordsmen is going to lead to some early expensive corpses. The really need a bunker to sit behind the lines or they'll be squashed as soon as the swordsmen get into CC. We're talking Christmas come early for your opponent

Not a personal problem but the done thing tends toward Halberdiers as core. Str4 makes hatred of WPs really pay as well as any buffs.swordsmen aren't terrible by any stretch but they are more expensive and their increased durability doesn't make up for the loss of hitting power while being 1pt more expensive.

Maskedman5oh4
25-03-2013, 05:17
So what to bunker the wizards in?

I have never actually played empire...teehee

I have a lot of questions- like regiment formations, what to do with the wizards etc.

Do you bunker them in a unit of 10 crossbowmen or in a unit of ten spearmen?

Ullis
25-03-2013, 14:59
So what to bunker the wizards in?

I have never actually played empire...teehee

I have a lot of questions- like regiment formations, what to do with the wizards etc.

Do you bunker them in a unit of 10 crossbowmen or in a unit of ten spearmen?

I generally run my Halberdiers in units of 40 in an 8x5 formation, this offers a decent frontage and steadfast(ness). I would run your Swordsmen in 6x5.

As for a wizard bunker, that depends on your army composition really. Generally, I use a unit of 10 archers to act as my bunker as they are cheap. Your bunker, hopefully, will not be doing much fighting, so the cheaper the better.

If you have any other questions, just post them up mate.