PDA

View Full Version : Thorin's Wishlisting Thread: Sisters of Battle

Thorin
23-03-2013, 21:34
Hello Warseer! As in the "Hastings 40k Rumours" thread announced, here it is: The SoB wishlisting thread. One of the oldest non-updated army with really outdated models and not one plastic (duh!) except tanks, everyone wants to see them getting redone. Harry mentioned to have seen/heard of a Codex being in progress, with models that got discarded! SO nothing developed of this except that horrible WD "Codex"?
We don´t hope so and the chances that we will see a new Codex and models may be growing with this:

Many time ago i talked to a guy working in GW (not a store guy....he was an upper one) that told me to have seen some new Sisters models on the work...and that they were amazing. Just saying.

So let the wishlisting, fearing, doubting and hoping begin!
Greetz
Thorin, Wishlist Master

Cthell
23-03-2013, 21:40
Well, the new Dark Angels kits have shown that GW are now capable of producing multi-part plastics that incorporate robes that can look pretty good, so that gives me some hope that new plastic sisters wouldn't have to loose the various robes that are a key part of the aesthetic

dokfm
23-03-2013, 22:07
I'd like them to become (or rather, remain) Codex: Ecclesiarchy, really. Keep the Inquisitors out (or reintroduce them in small numbers), add Frateris Militia back, keep Confessors and Missionaries separate, and introduce a bunch of cool toys from Fantasy Flights' Dark Heresy splatbooks.

But really, just fix the Acts of Faith system and give them a full plastic line, and I think I'd even be happy with that...

Coley
23-03-2013, 22:10
I have to be honest, I've played around half a dozen games with my sisters (new army) and they seem to be doing really well in 6th ed. only thing I would wish for is a flyer to help negate other armies flyers or skyfire on the exorcists. Ccw on the celestine squads. That's about it I think for now.

Commissar Merces
23-03-2013, 22:10
I would just be happy with plastics and the inclusion of Inquisitors and members of the Ecclesiarchy. Make a unit with skyfire.

Hell, I would just take a codex book and faith point fix at this point.

Angry SisterOfBattle Nerd
23-03-2013, 22:25
I want awesome new stuff. I want GW to just think about the two main defining characteristics of the Sisters/Ecclesiarchy, and give new cool stuff that really carries theses characteristics. Which are being super-duper-ultra extremist and obscurantist and zealous for the first one, and super-duper-awesomely rich and powerful for the second one. The Space Marine get very very functional tanks that they turn into altars. I want the Sisters/Ecclessiarchy to take altars and turn them into tanks by using extremely rare and powerful relics that only them have access to, because they have so much money and power. I want some Grail Reliquae-like stuff. I want some “rookie sisters” unit, and some real “badass veteran sisters” unit with the very best equipment of the Imperium (because, once again, the Ecclersiarchy just has SO much money that they should be able to equip, say, Celestians with artificier armor, master-crafted combi-bolters, power swords and so on !
Oh, and why not Sisters on bike ? Every other army has bike except daemon and IG (which have cavalry) and tau and tyranids.

Cthell
23-03-2013, 22:47
I want awesome new stuff. I want GW to just think about the two main defining characteristics of the Sisters/Ecclesiarchy, and give new cool stuff that really carries theses characteristics. Which are being super-duper-ultra extremist and obscurantist and zealous for the first one, and super-duper-awesomely rich and powerful for the second one. The Space Marine get very very functional tanks that they turn into altars. I want the Sisters/Ecclessiarchy to take altars and turn them into tanks by using extremely rare and powerful relics that only them have access to, because they have so much money and power. I want some Grail Reliquae-like stuff. I want some “rookie sisters” unit, and some real “badass veteran sisters” unit with the very best equipment of the Imperium (because, once again, the Ecclersiarchy just has SO much money that they should be able to equip, say, Celestians with artificier armor, master-crafted combi-bolters, power swords and so on !
Oh, and why not Sisters on bike ? Every other army has bike except daemon and IG (which have cavalry) and tau and tyranids.

Artificer armour on a unit of sisters would be interesting, especially with the new power weapon AP rules - either give it to celestians, and turn them into the SoB equivalent of the Sanguinary guard, or perhaps create a new unit that's celestians+, rather like the inner circle knights

dokfm
23-03-2013, 23:28
I want GW to just think about the two main defining characteristics of the Sisters/Ecclesiarchy, and give new cool stuff that really carries theses characteristics... super-duper-awesomely rich and powerful... The Space Marine get very very functional tanks that they turn into altars. I want the Sisters/Ecclessiarchy to take altars and turn them into tanks by using extremely rare and powerful relics that only them have access to, because they have so much money and power.
That's a really good point. The Ecclesiarchy should be the single richest, most influential, most powerful part of the Imperium, besides maybe the Administratum, but the fluff doesn't really mention that, and the crunch gives them rather crappy wargear. Giving them more archeotech and richy-richy stuff like artificer armour would fit that much more nicely. Although, to be fair, they sorta hate the Mechanicus, so I doubt they'd get artificer armour per se. Blessed power armour, maybe.

real “badass veteran sisters” unit with the very best equipment of the Imperium (because, once again, the Ecclersiarchy just has SO much money that they should be able to equip, say, Celestians with artificier armor, master-crafted combi-bolters, power swords and so on !
Personally, I think the Celestians should be mega-badasses at CC and shooting, with BS 5 and WS 5 and tons of awesome wargear. Expensive, but then every army needs an elite unit...

Oh, and why not Sisters on bike ? Every other army has bike
I'm imagining this now, and it's too awesome for words to describe.

On another note, I think the Living Saint should become a regular MC special character a la Daemon Princes (possibly even with some way to get one mid-battle a la Chaos Marines), with St. Katherine having Miraculous Intervention to be unkillable for all intents and purposes.

dangerboyjim
23-03-2013, 23:32
How about sisters on Jetbikes?

Since Ravenwing didn't get them, how about retcon sisters retaining some.

23-03-2013, 23:47
Although, to be fair, they sorta hate the Mechanicus, so I doubt they'd get artificer armour per se. Blessed power armour, maybe.
Artificer armor is just the common word for “really good quality power armor” actually.

Personally, I think the Celestians should be mega-badasses at CC and shooting, with BS 5 and WS 5 and tons of awesome wargear.
Well, even the SM veteran don't get WS5 or BS5. But I guess that's where special rules and an awesome act of faith could come into play. With Relentless+Rage+Hate(everyone)+some kind of powerful CC weapon, you can get a pretty good CC unit already. Actually just give them a gunslinger rule allowing them to use the pistol's ranged profile in close combat, and an inferno pistol each, and you get a terrifying close combat unit :P.

On another note, I think the Living Saint should become a regular MC special character a la Daemon Princes
Oh yeah, with different virtues you can buy to really customize your saint !

dokfm
23-03-2013, 23:54
Artificer armor is just the common word for “really good quality power armor” actually.
I know, but then power armour is still made by the Mechanicus, is it not? :p

In all seriousness, though, I just thought "blessed armour" sounded neat. It could even just be an upgrade giving +1 armor save to any willing to buy it, so Confessors/Missionaries/etc. could use it too.

Oh yeah, with different virtues you can buy to really customize your saint !
Wings, Holy Aura (invuln save), different weapons... even bring back some of the oooolllllddd stuff like the Cloak of St. Aspira...

On a random note, I kinda hope for more detail about Schola Progeniums. It's a fascinating bit of fluff, but it's almost always talked about in small blurbs. I want a whole story about them or something.

DeathGlam
24-03-2013, 00:01
Add back plus add new Sister/Church units but please give me back the option to have Ordo Hereticus Inquistion stuff as the option does no harm to players who want to play pure Sisters with the amount of options new codex's come with, i would be focussed on my Sisters army if they had the Inquistion still rather then my new DE army im starting.

24-03-2013, 00:47
Wings, Holy Aura (invuln save), different weapons...
And bonus to the faith system, aura of boost to leadership, aura of boost with special rules (FNP, Rage, …), power that makes the opposing player weep blood:p, …

Chem-Dog
24-03-2013, 01:05
Acts of faith like the original Witch Hunters ones, a list of possible abilities and a single unified way of gaining them. Not an occasional squad specific power-up. Name them after each of the Original Brides/Daughters who founded the Order and reflect their individual characteristics.

Oh. And expand the forces massively, give them lots of new cool stuff too.

And make Eviscerators that are actually bigger than a standard Chainsword.

Ssilmath
24-03-2013, 03:00
Oh, there is so much awesome that could be made into a Sisters codex. In no particular order...

Have the masses who volunteer, and are the equivalents of Cultists. And along the same vein, make an HQ who is the Sororitas version of a Dark Apostle, and make all Holy Crusaders (Or whatever name) Fearless while within line of sight of her.
Celestians with the same loadout options as Dark Angel vets, as well as Holy Relics what provide army wide benefits until the unit is destroyed, as well as a 4++ save on whichever squad carries the relic.
A squad of Sororitas Blanks who give a bonus to Deny the Witch to all units within 12 inches, with the bonus based on the size of the squad.
Adeptus Arbites with shotguns that carry different rounds, such as Manstopper (Str 4 AP 4) or Seeker (Ignores Cover)
Acts of faith that require a leadership check to pass, with a bonus to leadership for every Sororitas squad that has been wiped out (Makes powers more likely as units are martyred)
Each individual squad brings with it a unique act of faith, which can be used at the start of the movement phase on any unit in LOS (We pray for our sisters to overcome the foe)
Bikers, of course.
An immobile Exorcist like vehicle that gives +1 leadership to all Soriritas within 12 inches, -1 to all enemies and allows one squad per turn to reroll all saves
Every squad (With some exceptions) can take additional support models, such as Hospitallers, or scribes or bound Psykers or Blanks
At least 1 new walker that is AV13 on the front and sides and carries far too many multimeltas and flamers
Pyre gibbets that can be infiltrated, cannot be destroyed and cause certain enemies to suffer -1 to their leadership if within 6 inches
Liasons from the Imperial Guard and Navy to be attached to the Canoness's command squad, and act the same as the Imperial Guard advisers

More as they come to me. I would love to see Sisters get the Dark Eldar treatment, with none of the misteps

Sthenio
24-03-2013, 05:27
What do I want for the sisters?

Two words: Jes Goodwin.

After seeing what he did to the Dark Eldar range, yeah I want Jes behind the Sisters. The Kabalie Warriors are fantastic.

Thorin
24-03-2013, 06:24
Seems we all agree in one point: Sisters Need Dark Eldar Treatment by Jes Goodwin, best guy in the whole Team IMHO, maybe except Aly Morrison who is second ;)
Greetz
Thorin

EDIT: Just found this and thought it was too funny not to post it here:

Plastic Sisters! Yes, you heard that right: A core unit that's only available in metal and came out in 1998 is going to be replaced by a new, plastic sculpt. Only me and my insider sources can bring you this kind of breaking news.
As for looks, they will "look different" while "keeping the same basic style".
The plastic kit "may" build both Sisters and "a new unit" who are "similar in function to Sternguard".
Lots of fluff "reportedly" written by Mat Ward in which the Sisters lose every single battle and are skinned alive in horrifying detail, apart from two battles in which they're saved by the Grey Knights, then killed.
New plastic Exorcist kit that builds both the Exorcist and "a new Heavy Support choice" that "possibly has either 'Sins', 'Redemption' or 'Lamentation' in the name".
Plastic Seraphim who have "many upgrade options".
Seraphim to receive a rule "similar" to Descent of Angels.
Repentia are now "much improved".
Penitent Engines have "new options".
New sculpt of Uriah Jacobus who "may or may not have a different beard".
A "very creepy" new character "based on artwork".
"Probably a flyer, because everyone else gets them, I guess". Codex will be released in either mid 2013, late 2013, early 2014, mid 2014, late 2014 or early 2015. This will be "either before or after Tau".
"source": http://branchbaboon.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/sisters-of-battle-rumors.html

Please DO NOT take seriously...

theJ
24-03-2013, 09:06
Well, assuming GW ain't planning on making an Arbites list anytime soon, we could steal their Cyber-Mastiffs:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cyber_Mastiff#.UU69qlfQhCF

We need some more nice weaponry to call our own. Don't get me wrong, Eviscerators are great, but just about everything else has gotten stolen, so... chain-halberds? incendiary grenades/launchers?

Sisters Repentia... clearly needs a re-think. Crazy penitent sisters without power armour? Great idea. bondage gear? not so much. I'd rather see them use robes or the like...

Biker Sisters... the problem with this idea is that it's just doing what everyone else already has. It'd work, sure, but it'd also be rather boring. I was more thinking we take cavalry - I know, I know, horses are boring and lame... until you realise that in the past ten thousand years, they've developed into giant acid-breathing, xenos-munching killing machines! ...and we can put them in power armour! :D

I'm gonna have to try drawing some of this stuff...

dokfm
24-03-2013, 10:04
Have the masses who volunteer, and are the equivalents of Cultists.
These actually used to exist way back in 2nd edition. They were called Frateris Militia and they were basically whatever idiots the local Confessor could convince to run screaming at the enemy.

A squad of Sororitas Blanks who give a bonus to Deny the Witch to all units within 12 inches, with the bonus based on the size of the squad.
Eh, personally, that doesn't seem very... Sororitas-y to me, especially given the Necrons might be involved (albeit that was old fluff...) and Pariahs are... well, pariahs in society. I like the idea, but I'd rather it was by pure power of faith.

At least 1 new walker that is AV13 on the front and sides and carries far too many multimeltas and flamers
Doesn't that sorta describe the Penitent Engine already, though?

Pyre gibbets that can be infiltrated, cannot be destroyed and cause certain enemies to suffer -1 to their leadership if within 6 inches
Kinda like the Protectorate of Menoth Wracks, eh? Actually, I think SoB could take a lot of inspiration from the Protectorate...

A.T.
24-03-2013, 11:12
These actually used to exist way back in 2nd edition.3rd-5th edition too, there were chapter approved zealot rules valid until the WD dex was released.

The sisters/ecclesiarchy/hereticus have no shortage of material for a codex, anyone could bang out 50+ viable units without having to even add anything new to the background.

After all these years though my personal wishlist is down to just one item - solid word from GW one way or the other.

24-03-2013, 14:24
Adeptus Arbites with shotguns that carry different rounds, such as Manstopper (Str 4 AP 4) or Seeker (Ignores Cover)
They are the law !

Each individual squad brings with it a unique act of faith, which can be used at the start of the movement phase on any unit in LOS (We pray for our sisters to overcome the foe)
Warmachine/Horde still. Would be very nice and involve much strategy, I like that.
Bikers, of course.

Every squad (With some exceptions) can take additional support models, such as Hospitallers, or scribes or bound Psykers or Blanks
Very very cool idea, but I'd stick with the non-militant orders, Famulus, Dialogus, etc.

We need some more nice weaponry to call our own. Don't get me wrong, Eviscerators are great, but just about everything else has gotten stolen, so... chain-halberds? incendiary grenades/launchers?
I don't remember the name, but those mini-flamers that you attached to your weapon and that were accessible only to Frateris Militia. Give that to Sisters, and make it work only as overwatch. If charging a 5 women Celestian squad means taking 5d3 flamer hits, it would make some unit think twice before charging:D. Genestealers beware !

Sisters Repentia... clearly needs a re-think. Crazy penitent sisters without power armour? Great idea. bondage gear? not so much. I'd rather see them use robes or the like...
True. Or something more like in this drawing :
http://xn--80aqafcrtq.cc/img/4/6/4/Karl%20kopinski,%20warhammer%2040k,%20%D0%BE%D1%85 %D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0,%20%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%B2%D0%B5% D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC,%20%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B 8%D0%B7%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F,%20%D0%BE%D1%85%D0 %BE%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8,%20%D0%BD%D0%B0% 20%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC,%20adeptus%20sori tas,%20%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D1%8B,%20%D0 %B1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B2%D1%8B,%202362x1637.jpg
I mean, even completely naked sisters would be better than sisters with bondage gear.

I was more thinking we take cavalry - I know, I know, horses are boring and lame... until you realise that in the past ten thousand years, they've developed into giant acid-breathing, xenos-munching killing machines! ...and we can put them in power armour! :D
Yeah, but how do we link them to the main themes ?
Also, it's already ridiculous that giant wolves can carry a power-armored guy, I fear that with horses it will feel even worse. What about mechanical censer-horse ? Or I am going to crazy here ?

Eh, personally, that doesn't seem very... Sororitas-y to me, especially given the Necrons might be involved (albeit that was old fluff...) and Pariahs are... well, pariahs in society.
I'm pretty sure you could get some specific pariah “order” within a normal order, that mainly keep by themselves and are regarded as very holy because they are not affected by psykers, while at the same time other sisters try to avoid contact every time possible.
I think the hardest part would be to explain how they avoid getting enrolled into Culexus training.

Doesn't that sorta describe the Penitent Engine already, though?
AV13 ;).

Commissar Merces
24-03-2013, 14:45
I would love a unit of zealots for some cheap, sacrificial bodies (I can just imagine throwing a crowd of them in front of my rhinos/immolators for cover saves (hehe).

A "supreme elite" unit would be fantastic! A 2+ save and wargear options akin to the DA vets would be outstanding, perhaps blessed bolter rounds that wound psykers on 2+ or something.

I would add more saints and kind of make them somewhat customizable like demon princes. Different Saints have different powers to lead your army. I don't need like 10, but 2-4 would be nice.

Obviously a flyer/a unit with skyfire would be nice. I don't really think flyers would work out well, so let's just give the exorcist skyfire options.

The inclusion of Inquisitors as potential HQ options. I would like to see assassins as well. A unit of blanks would be a fun idea to play with, perhaps make them like a model that acts as a psychic hood? Or maybe prevents any psychic powers being manifested within 12? So much to play with here. Add in some inquisitorial storm troopers and we would be set on Inq. stuff.

The Sisters Repentia really need to be rethought... their current bondage garb makes me really uncomfortable and they aren't productive on the battle field (IMHO).

I don't want an uber penitent engine or anything like that, but another vehicle option for sisters would really be ideal. Perhaps the forgeworld Repressor can make an appearance? Perhaps a heavy flame vehicle akin to the hellhound but stats of a baleflamer?

Acts of faith need to be redone as they are very poor at the moment. Perhaps a Ld. test and subtract one to your roll for every sisters unit killed? You would have to include the martyr aspect of the army.

So much could be done with the upper echelons of the Ecclesiarchy and even priests. They could be our "buff" units by improving our acts of faith in sister squads or even bestowing blessings on their squads prior to battle.

Scammel
24-03-2013, 15:08
I love that point about the Ecclesiarchy oozing wealth as well as power (Orzhov, anyone?). To this end, I envision a massive, War Altar-esque chariot for the HQ, bedecked with every kind of ornament imaginable and pulled by a team of either Acro-Flagellants or simple, filthy commoners (to contrast with the glory of the platform itself and highlight the power divide between the Ecclesiarchy and common man).

Commissar Merces
24-03-2013, 15:11
I love that point about the Ecclesiarchy oozing wealth as well as power (Orzhov, anyone?). To this end, I envision a massive, War Altar-esque chariot for the HQ, bedecked with every kind of ornament imaginable and pulled by a team of either Acro-Flagellants or simple, filthy commoners (to contrast with the glory of the platform itself and highlight the power divide between the Ecclesiarchy and common man).

This sounds like a fantastic idea to me, until I remember the fantasy war alters that are unbelievably hideous to look at and totally impractical. While they sound like a really great idea, I am just not sure they are usable/practical on the battlefield. IDK maybe that is just me. I understand that the Ecclesiarchy is a bit impractical themselves, but I don't see how this would function well on a 40k battlefield. I like the idea though.

dokfm
24-03-2013, 15:11
True. Or something more like in this drawing : http://xn--80aqafcrtq.cc/img/4/6/4/Karl%20kopinski,%20warhammer%2040k,%20%D0%BE%D1%85 %D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0,%20%D0%BD%D0%B0%20%D0%B2%D0%B5% D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC,%20%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%BA%D0%B2%D0%B 8%D0%B7%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B8%D1%8F,%20%D0%BE%D1%85%D0 %BE%D1%82%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%B8,%20%D0%BD%D0%B0% 20%D0%B2%D0%B5%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BC,%20adeptus%20sori tas,%20%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D1%8B,%20%D0 %B1%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%B2%D1%8B,%202362x1637.jpg I mean, even completely naked sisters would be better than sisters with bondage gear.
I think the models were supposed to be like that, but just utterly failed to capture that vibe.

Yeah, but how do we link them to the main themes ? Also, it's already ridiculous that giant wolves can carry a power-armored guy, I fear that with horses it will feel even worse. What about mechanical censer-horse ? Or I am going to crazy here ?
Knights/paladins. It's a bit distant, but Bretonnia-esque medieval knights aren't all that different from the SoB. Also (on a fluff-nerd note), SoB are nowhere near as big as Space Marines because they don't have all of the muscle-growth stimulants and Black Carapace that Mehreens do, and we have no idea how heavy power armour is or how much an alien horse could carry, so, depending on the sculpts, they might not strain disbelief at all.

On the other hand, mechanical censer-horses sound awesome.

I think the hardest part would be to explain how they avoid getting enrolled into Culexus training.
That's funny, I remember somebody talking about how rich and influential the Ecclesiarchy was... ;)

I think I'd rather it be "they're so pure they avoid other human beings, even Sisters, lest they be corrupted," with only a subtle implication that they are, in fact, Pariahs, but I suppose there are ways they could be included without being too silly. I just don't want Culexus Assassins in Battle Sister gear.

ntw3001
24-03-2013, 15:44
This sounds like a fantastic idea to me, until I remember the fantasy war alters that are unbelievably hideous to look at and totally impractical. While they sound like a really great idea, I am just not sure they are usable/practical on the battlefield. IDK maybe that is just me. I understand that the Ecclesiarchy is a bit impractical themselves, but I don't see how this would function well on a 40k battlefield. I like the idea though.

I guess they could stick it on the back of a land speeder or something? No, that would look like an April Fool's joke. Nobody would release a model that ridiculous.

But seriously folks: Plastic Frateris Militia. Because I play Necromunda.

24-03-2013, 16:04
Don't forget that in 40k, we have the advantage of anti-grav technology, possible invisible force-fields, and huge guns ;).

I think I'd rather it be "they're so pure they avoid other human beings, even Sisters, lest they be corrupted," with only a subtle implication that they are, in fact, Pariahs, but I suppose there are ways they could be included without being too silly. I just don't want Culexus Assassins in Battle Sister gear.
Yes, here hinting might be better than just telling.

Scammel
24-03-2013, 16:11
For the Ecclesiastic (ie, non-Sororitas) side of the army, I think hideous impracticaility is the order of the day. Even with the relatively sane Sisters, they're firing missiles out of church organs - Ecclesiarchy models should all be statements of wealth, power and madness.

I guess they could stick it on the back of a land speeder or something? No, that would look like an April Fool's joke. Nobody would release a model that ridiculous.

Sounds fantastic.

Commissar Merces
24-03-2013, 16:36
They basically did the speeder shrine already with the DA, I would be more comfortable with the Ecclisiarchy getting something akin to a pope mobile with guns, which is essentially what we are talking about rather than a chariot pulled by the faithful. That is just me though.

What do you guys think about priests enhancing acts of faith or giving blessings out before the game? Basically combat drugs for DE but for holy rollers.

Hrw-Amen
24-03-2013, 16:54
How about some sort of Confessor / canoness / 'other HQ model' on an 'anti-grav throne.'

I do actually still like the old sister sculpts so would not want to see them loose the overall look although plastics would allow them to be opened up a bit in poise which would be good.

I would like to see some more ornate armour for Celestines and Seraphim as well as HQ.

The sound of floating altars or altars on tanks initially is cool, until you see something like that old Exorcist. It is a hideous model and to think that anything remotely like that would exist is just a joke even by W40K standards. (A bit like that new DA Flyer with all that tat stuck to it.) so I do not really want that. I could perhaps see a mobile altar maybe on tracks, maybe with an an ti grav motor that could perhaps sit behind the lines putting out some kind of empathic waves of faith or something over the whole army or certain untis.

Having said that, I quite like all the sculpted doors and front armour and stuff that FW do, just not overdone!

For tanks, obviously the Rhino and Repressor, (Maybe one based around the Chimera as an option?) perhaps also a version of the Landraider or even Landspeeder but one specific to SOB and not a version available to any SM faction. Something heavier than the Repressor though I am not sure what, a new tank, don't know perhaps a Malcador variant, like that one with all the heavy bolters but with heavy flamers instead? Of course the Exorcist in a couple of variants including an AA one.

Flyer, not sure what, maybe a gun cutter of some description as these seem to appear in quite a few Inquisition type books or at least various craft that could fall into that category. Could be based around a Valkyrie but more open with more gun stations manned by sisters. A bit like the DE Ravager in function, but a version that was built by a wealthy IG regiment.

I would love sisters on bikes of any sort but jet bikes or even just anti grav bikes would be fine. Maybe they could be a combi version, perhaps have one wheel at the front for steering and the rear could have wings, kind of like a hoverboard that the speed creates lift for the rear end or some other crazy thing? (I'm just putting it out there, its a crazy idea.)

A squad with Cyber Mastiffs or even ordinary Mastiffs for that matter, perhaps 'cyber' as an upgrade! One sister as pack master, say one per three dogs with one dog upgraded to a cyber mastiff?

Fast attack option, think about Tau Drones. All those novels and descriptions of inside cathedrals with cyber skulls and cherubs flitting about with scrolls and other things. Maybe a cherub mounted heavy bolter / flamer / insert heavy weapon. Operating as a squad of or even single drone. Perhaps controlled by the floating altar I mentioned earlier, or an HQ unit or even just out there on its own.

A new walker of some sort, not just penitent engines. Similar in concept to a dreadnought. How about a 'Relic'nought. The chasis of a walker with an entombed relic, a bone or skull or something belonging to / possessed of / by an Imperial Saint. Maybe looks like a Penitent Engine (To use the same kit.) but with a coffin or relic / bone box rather than a Penitent? Could be fitted out with banners or scrolls recounting the relevant saints deeds to encourage their spirit to come and animate the walker.

Anyway, just a few ideas, but whatever, make an all SOB army a viable option, can have Inquisition or Ecclesiarch but does not have to. Also keep the overall look of the basic sister but just give it the plastic DE treatment. By the way I'd love totally naked sister repentia!! (Who wouldn't?)

dokfm
24-03-2013, 20:56
The sound of floating altars or altars on tanks initially is cool, until you see something like that old Exorcist. It is a hideous model and to think that anything remotely like that would exist is just a joke even by W40K standards. (A bit like that new DA Flyer with all that tat stuck to it.) so I do not really want that.
I have to say I completely disagree. An artillery organ feels like exactly the tone Sisters of Battle need. I actually liked the new DA stuff (and I guess I'm the only one...) because it really fit with their monastic/gothic stylings, so I really wouldn't mind similar stuff for SoB.

Flyer, not sure what, maybe a gun cutter of some description as these seem to appear in quite a few Inquisition type books or at least various craft that could fall into that category. Could be based around a Valkyrie but more open with more gun stations manned by sisters. A bit like the DE Ravager in function, but a version that was built by a wealthy IG regiment.
I like that idea, but aren't guncutters supposed to be kind of poorly armed, at least compared to what other armies can bring to the table (mind you, it's been a few years since I read the Eisenhorn omnibus)?

Fast attack option, think about Tau Drones. All those novels and descriptions of inside cathedrals with cyber skulls and cherubs flitting about with scrolls and other things. Maybe a cherub mounted heavy bolter / flamer / insert heavy weapon. Operating as a squad of or even single drone. Perhaps controlled by the floating altar I mentioned earlier, or an HQ unit or even just out there on its own.
I think I need to make a list of all the cool conversions I want to make based on this thread... I think cherub-mounted heavy bolters is a bit much, but I could certainly see them divebombing the enemies of the Ecclesiarchy!

A new walker of some sort, not just penitent engines. Similar in concept to a dreadnought. How about a 'Relic'nought. The chasis of a walker with an entombed relic, a bone or skull or something belonging to / possessed of / by an Imperial Saint. Maybe looks like a Penitent Engine (To use the same kit.) but with a coffin or relic / bone box rather than a Penitent? Could be fitted out with banners or scrolls recounting the relevant saints deeds to encourage their spirit to come and animate the walker.
Also, this is a really good idea that would really show how powerful their faith is. What would make it different rules-wise from a Penitent Engine, though?

By the way I'd love totally naked sister repentia!! (Who wouldn't?)
Slaanesh would sure love 'em! :p

Cthell
24-03-2013, 21:12
Gun cutters do sound awesome, perhaps a sort of VTOL-version of one of the old cargo-gunship series (puff the magic dragon, spooky, spectre, etc). In my mind, I'm picturing something with the same sort of quad-jet layout as the Land Speeder Vengence, but with the body suspended below the wings like a valkyrie.

Essentially, the gunship version of this 167245 but with jet engines instead of turboprops, and open sides with sister-crewed heavy bolters, raining the emperors glorious mass-reactive vengence down on his enemies

Shamana
24-03-2013, 23:18
I'd like to see a return of the Inquisition. As long as pure sisters and ecclesiarchal mixed lists are an option, having some inquisitors can't hurt - they tend to get heavily involved in matters of faith and mostly heresy anyway, and if there's a reason a high-ranking cleric may be on the battlefield it makes at least as much reason for there to be an inquisitor. Also, they can have some more exotic options and psyker/anti-psyker options. After all, who knows more about fighting witches than the Ordo Hereticus, and who is likely to have more exotic and incredibly rare "toys" than them? The Imperial Cult may be rich, but the =][= has very deep pockets and plenty of friends, too...

Kore5022
25-03-2013, 14:41
So i'd rather see them go down a different path than most here.
I'd rather the churchy stuff (militia) and arbites not be put in, not a fan. Instead develop more on the fact that they are trading ancient findings with the mechanicum for more access to what they need to go on wars of faith, it's still not breaching the 'men at arms' rule if it's all done by the sisters. Also a lot would have a huge cry about it but id love to see sisters of silence thrown in as an elite's choice, something about the remaining SoS after the heresy who've slowly rebuilt numbers and work with the sisters when they need to hunt psykers.
Obviously army wise, faith is boring atm so maybe a change up, they need a flyer badly. Repentia need a hand but i have no idea what. Celestians could be split into two different types one with 'holy ammunition' able to mince units and one with small boost to combat potential. A few new vehicles i'd rather see them continue down the more SM style vehicles rather than the guard style vehicles. Several characters could come in as well Ephrael Stern would be awesome but im not sure they'd touch on her, a named canoness and the 2nd ed saint as well.

I have more thoughts but that's a start :)

A.T.
25-03-2013, 15:09
Also a lot would have a huge cry about it but id love to see sisters of silence thrown in as an elite's choiceIf the sisters of silence still exist they likely interact with the sororitas indirectly as wardens on the black ships - a good a connection as any to have a small hunting team in a codex I guess.

Arbites are more of an odd one out as they don't have any connection to the sororitas that i'm aware of other than being an option in the old WH book (representing forces an inquisitor might requisition). They are more allies codex material in my eyes as one or two units in a SoB book doesn't really do them justice, and more than that starts to eat into the space for the ecclesiarchy/sororitas.

HoBoAnarki
25-03-2013, 19:03
I would love sisters on bikes of any sort but jet bikes or even just anti grav bikes would be fine. Maybe they could be a combi version, perhaps have one wheel at the front for steering and the rear could have wings, kind of like a hoverboard that the speed creates lift for the rear end or some other crazy thing? (I'm just putting it out there, its a crazy idea.)

A squad with Cyber Mastiffs or even ordinary Mastiffs for that matter, perhaps 'cyber' as an upgrade! One sister as pack master, say one per three dogs with one dog upgraded to a cyber mastiff?

I'd rather see sisters on some sort of living mount rather than a bike, simply to help keep them nice and far away from becoming "Space Marines light". Some sort of servitor horse to help with the weight, maybe make them more outlands with stuff like eagles heads, really big up the church element.

I'd love to see cyber mastiffs back in the game and I think they fit nicely with the sisters, maybe give sisters access to cyber eagles like Coteaz, because what could be a better pet for sisters that a two headed eagle? Combine them with the mounted sisters and you could have a really cool fast attack unit a bit like dark eldar beastpacks.

If the sisters of silence still exist they likely interact with the sororitas indirectly as wardens on the black ships - a good a connection as any to have a small hunting team in a codex I guess.

I think SoS would fit in nicely with the sisters, there is very little fluff for them after the heresy so it wouldn't take any retconning to allow them to fight alongside sisters more regularly and they would fill the aniti-psyker niche within the army.

I think some sort of open topped transport could work well, put a pulpit on it for independent characters to preach off of, and it would give assault units like repentia a useful way of getting round the battlefield. The pulpit could just be a vehicle upgrade, as it would allow independent characters to ride with sister squads in rhinos. A shooty version of the penitent engine would be great as well, and it would be great to see a new tank hull.

In terms of gameplay, I think of sisters as being an army that is excellent at short range while being numerous and resonably tough, and I hope GW stick to this style of play. In terms of asctetics, more gothic, more ornate and more zealous.

A.T.
25-03-2013, 20:57
I think some sort of open topped transport could work well, put a pulpit on it for independent characters to preach off of, and it would give assault units like repentia a useful way of getting round the battlefield.In the old ordo hereticus strikeforce the repentia could assault out of anything regardless of restrictions, but had to take dangerous terrain tests - was an interesting solution to the lack of assault vehicles.

Szalik
25-03-2013, 22:44
1. Bring back the old Faith Point system, existing one is horrible.
2. Move Penitent Engines somewhere else, elites slots maybe ?
3. Give them some sort of flyer, one that was in their army in DOW had pleasant aesthetics.
4. Introduce some new special characters.
5. Release Immolator/Repressor box, Exorcist/Something box and a flyer fighter/bomber with a basic sister box and seraphim box. Repentia may be moved to failcast.
6. Make an ecclesiarchy possible to play, just like it is possible to play an inquisitorial element in GK. (Frenzied mob, priests, cardinals, redemptionists etc.).

A.T.
25-03-2013, 23:38
3. Give them some sort of flyer, one that was in their army in DOW had pleasant aesthetics.The aircraft in DoW was the imperial lightning fighter. The model has been permanantly discontinued and replaced with a new mold and a somewhat different look.

Cthell
26-03-2013, 12:46
The aircraft in DoW was the imperial lightning fighter. The model has been permanantly discontinued and replaced with a new mold and a somewhat different look.

Which does of course leave the possibility open for GW to make a plastic version, call it something else, and put it in a SoB codex, all without breaking their "no stealing from Forgeworld" rule [*Disclaimer* - the preceding is entirely wishlisting, and has no basis even in rumour]

wolflordRanulf
03-04-2013, 21:17
What I would like to see for the Sisters in the future is:

PLASTIC!!! This is really the biggest thing. While, yes, it would be nice to see some new stuff, just getting sisters onto the same footing as everyone else, namely having plastics and finecast models would be a huge step. I know a lot of people who say, "Gee, I'd like to play a sisters army but its so expensive to buy all that metal." I think just this step would open up the army to a lot of new players.

I'd also like to see some plastic henchmen/cultists/frateris militia. this would give us an option for a second troop type, and could cross-sell to Grey Knight, Chaos (and if the rumored release schedule is correct and we're going to be seeing the resurgence of Genestealer cults) Tyranid players. This could also possibly cross-sell to the loyal few who still play Necromunda.

Some Sisters novices/schola progenum would also be an interesting add as well.

access to plasma guns and plasma cannons would also be nice. we already have access to plasmapistols, so it wouldn't be such a stretch.

I also kind of like the idea of a reliquary unit, that would perhaps have access to artificer armor and ancient combi-weapons. Perhaps they could even take/be guards for an ancient relic, say like the arc of covenant, mounted on a repulsor lift. It could give a LD bonus or make nearby units fearless and perhaps offer an improved deny the witch chance.

a flier would be nice, too.

and finally some kind of sister's specific fortifications might be nice as well... again this is something that could cross-sell to others as it could just be some fortifications with a lot of religious looking iconography.

anyway those are just my thoughts.