PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Slaanesh Daemon army - chariots.....?

scoutbike
23-03-2013, 23:15
So I am about to start a Slaanesh themed Daemon army, and I had some questions about the various chariot options.

I glanced through the book today in town, but I wont pick this up until next week when I have the cash.

One thing I got confused about looking through it was just the amount of chariot combinations etc.

So, as I understand it there are three?

Seeker Chariot
Hellflayer
Exalted Seeker Chariot

And on top of this, one/all of them can also be used as a mount for a herald?

So, I know the exalted seeker chariot is rare. What about the other two? Are they special? Core?
Also, what makes the exalted seeker chariot exalted? Is it just like that straight from the stat line, or is it something you upgrade? I find the wording a bit unfortunate and confusing, as 'exalted' is a word they use to describe other upgrades for the daemon army.
OR, is the exalted seeker chariot the fact that you have paid the points to upgrade the seeker chariot?

Also, which ones can heralds ride? Can you put more than one herald in them? Is it a good idea to put a herald in them?

And finally, is it possible to theme an army on these? So like, two seeker chariots, two hellflayers, and one exalted seeker chariots, perhaps also 3 heralds in the army spread across those?

DaemonReign
23-03-2013, 23:21
Regular Slaanesh Chariot is Special.
Hellflayer and Exalted Chariot are Rare and the Hellflayer cannot be taken as a Character-mount.
Doing a theme is naturally possible just don't expect it to be "competative".
There seems to be wide consensus that ALL these Slaanesh Chariots are pretty damn expensive for you get, so to speak.

Nice models though.

scoutbike
23-03-2013, 23:24
Regular Slaanesh Chariot is Special.
Hellflayer and Exalted Chariot are Rare and the Hellflayer cannot be taken as a Character-mount.
Doing a theme is naturally possible just don't expect it to be "competative".
There seems to be wide consensus that ALL these Slaanesh Chariots are pretty damn expensive for you get, so to speak.

Nice models though.

So the exalted seeker chariot is the massive combine harvester right?
what does the hellflayer do then that's so special given it's rare, and it isnt as combine harvesty or mounty as the exalted seeker chariot?
Just looking at the model it looks like the exalted seeker one has at least two times whatever the hellflayer does

Kalandros
24-03-2013, 16:27
Hellflayer gives +1A to the S3 alluress for every impact hit that does an unsaved wound
It is completely craptastic without Mindrazor or The Withering (if attacking unarmored targets).
Honestly, both chariots and that thing are just so subpar its sad.

Mono Slaanesh is barely workable right now if you take those chariots. The price hike on fiends is so ridiculous, their abilities works only in base contact (support attacks ignore it) while the cheaper beasts of nurgle have more A, more T, more W and anyone, not just Base to Base is at -1 to hit them. Matt Ward is terrible at making army books for Fantasy.

Daemonettes and Heralds of Slaanesh are good but still need magic to back them up, shadow magic, while Lore of Slaanesh is really good but you need Shadow.
Its all messed up.