PDA

View Full Version : Kairos Fateweaver - 2500 pts.

OllieOllieOllie
24-03-2013, 18:37
Kairos Fateweaver (565)

Herald of Nurgle (205)
- Battle Standard (Razor Standard)
- Greater Locus of Fecundity (Regeneration)

29 Plaguebearers of Nurgle (412)
- Standard (Standard of Discipline)
- Champion

22 Bloodletters (328)
- Standard
- Champion

4 Beasts of Nurgle (240)

4 Beasts of Nurgle (240)

4 Beasts of Nurgle (240)

Skull Cannon of Khorne (135)

Skull Cannon of Khorne (135)

Total: 2500

Kairos will pick Throne of Vines, Flesh to Stone, Speed of Light, for sure, the other spells I will pick will depend on who I'm facing, such as Pha's Protection if my opponent has a gunline. I will pick mostly augments to buff my units, with a couple of nasty offensive spells, which will change depending on the army I'm against (Purple Sun vs Ogres, Dwellers vs. Skaven etc.). Kairos' 1 reroll per player turn will allow me to reroll one of the Winds of Magic dice in my turn, and reroll his ward save in the enemies turn if I need to, among plenty of other situations where a single reroll is beneficial.

I find Beasts work great in a 4-wide unit, since you get the optimal amount of attacks for points spent. In an ideal world I would take more Plaguebearers instead of the Bloodletters but I'm just working with the models I own. I think with Flesh to Stone or some Light augments the unit of 'letters could do very well. I would normally give the Herald of Nurgle a pair of Fencer's Blades so anything WS4 or worse is hitting him on 6s, but with Speed of Light he will be WS10 anyway and the Razor Standard benefits the entire unit, more so since I often fight armour-heavy opponents.

Skull Cannons are an obvious choice. Any thoughts? How would your armies fare against this list?

selecta
24-03-2013, 22:33
None of your units will be able to benefit from Kairos leadership which could be your biggest problem if you lose combat. yes Kairos will be able to alot damage in the magic phase.

OllieOllieOllie
24-03-2013, 22:58
None of your units will be able to benefit from Kairos leadership which could be your biggest problem if you lose combat. yes Kairos will be able to alot damage in the magic phase.

It's really not a big deal.

My main unit (Plaguebearers) has a Herald of Nurgle (Ld8) and the Standard of Discipline, so these guys are Ld9 with rerolls, no problems here.

Let's say I took a Great Unclean One (majority of my units are Nurgle). The only difference it would make is that my Beasts of Nurgle could use his Ld9, over their Ld7...that is literally it.

My Khorne daemons will be Ld7 regardless. Daemons are ITP so it's not like they have to worry about running away. At the very worst the difference between Ld9 and Ld7 means I'll be taking two more wounds from Daemonic Instability, and I have a solution to that...

Don't lose combat :D

Hvabeha
24-03-2013, 23:31
Looks solid to me, I always try and include something to redirect, but with your list I don't realy see where the points would come from though, perhaps dropping one unit of beasts down to one model, add 2 units of tzeencth furies and remaining points could go to either more PBs or letters, this would give 3 redirectors / warmachine hunters, but that is just personal taste and you could do just fine without.

selecta
24-03-2013, 23:39
I have not seen my beasts of nurgle lose combat in a while and that was before they got -1. now they can take alot hits.

a nurgling or two might be a good idea for hunting war machine crew but u get the skull cannon to do that one. Since daemon most of the time get the first turn.

dont worry hope for double 1 on Daemonic Instability.

ellerki
25-03-2013, 14:00
Yeah that spell combination looks pretty good! you can also reroll ward saves of 1. Skull cannons are so cheap its insane, especially since they can move shoot, have impact hits, and strength on charge! If you have 6 beast in a unit then it counts as a horde and everyone can strike! I mean i play Tz daemon list so it might be a tad boring against my list. I would watch out if the high elves play Teclis 475 points, since he is a pretty awesome special character.

OllieOllieOllie
25-03-2013, 14:35
If you have 6 beast in a unit then it counts as a horde and everyone can strike!

The benefit of Horde formation is that you can strike with a third rank, the front rank always get their full number of attacks regardless. To benefit from a horde I would need a unit of 18 Beasts ;) that's 1080 points...

KingFerret
25-03-2013, 16:48
this might be kind of OT, but you've piqued my curiosity as I've never really played much against daemons, and never at all against Kairos...but Kairos gets to pick any combination of spells from any lore of magic? Again m own curiosity, but what else does he have?

And, just to be a bit more on topic, the list looks solid but as others have said, if you can find someway to fit in chaff then that would be better, otherwise I think most of my lists would have a hard time against this list (would be fun at least).

immortal git
25-03-2013, 17:03
But what a unit that would be! List itself looks solid, I would agree that some furies or something would be a nice addition but I can't see what you would drop to get them.

OllieOllieOllie
25-03-2013, 17:10
this might be kind of OT, but you've piqued my curiosity as I've never really played much against daemons, and never at all against Kairos...but Kairos gets to pick any combination of spells from any lore of magic? Again m own curiosity, but what else does he have?

Kairos is a Lord of Change with two heads, each head is a level 4 wizard, but you have to choose which head to use each turn (you can't use both).

Left head gets to pick any four spells from the Lores of Life, Metal, Light, and Heavens.

Right head gets to pick any four spells from the Lores of Death, Beasts, Shadow, and Fire.

In addition both heads always know all the spells from the Lore of Tzeentch.

So in total he knows 14 spells, he's a very powerful caster, but he is absolute terrible in combat. In terms of other special rules, he lets you reroll a single D6 of your choice per player turn (once in your turn and again in your opponen'ts turn). This can be from a batch of dice, so you can reroll one of the Winds of Magic dice, and things like that, pretty nifty!

But what a unit that would be! List itself looks solid, I would agree that some furies or something would be a nice addition but I can't see what you would drop to get them.

Yeah, it's a tough one, I don't really like Furies but some warmachine hunters could be useful. I could drop one of the Beasts units for a unit of 5 Flesh Hounds, they're decent flankers and that would give me 90 points or so to get some chaff, but I'll leave the list how it is for now, it really is for fighting more elite armies, so the chaff isn't really that necessary.

KingFerret
25-03-2013, 21:35
Thanks for the info, kairos seems like a pretty cool character then, I like the look of the list :)

aleexx77
09-05-2013, 17:55
Here's my list, Herald of Khorne leads bloodletter horde

LORDS

Kairos Fateweaver 565pts.

HEROES

Herald of Khorne 130pts.
Lesser Locus of Abjuration

CORE

39x Bloodletters 586pts.
Musician
Standard - Standard of Discipline