PDA

View Full Version : Daemon prince & character & challenges

sanada
25-03-2013, 21:54
If in a multiple combat, there's a daemon prince and any chaos character (with the eye of the gods rule), can the daemon prince declare a challenge first, or must the character do it? (not allowing the daemon prince to do it).

Thanks ~

Lord Inquisitor
25-03-2013, 22:18
Huh. My initial response was "of course the Prince can issue the challenge" but actually now I look at the rule I'm inclined to say no, you have to issue the challenge with the eye of the gods character "if possible".

I guess the Daemon Prince isn't going to stand in the way of the mortal's desire to prove himself.

Iraf
25-03-2013, 22:55
I would say that you could challenge with any of your characters that may issue a Challenge. After you challenge with a character it isn't possible to challenge with any other character, and the EotG rule is not broken.

Nikolaus
25-03-2013, 22:58
Huh. My initial response was "of course the Prince can issue the challenge" but actually now I look at the rule I'm inclined to say no, you have to issue the challenge with the eye of the gods character "if possible".

I guess the Daemon Prince isn't going to stand in the way of the mortal's desire to prove himself.

which isnt actually a bad thing.. a dp munching through teh unit where the sarge who has the only weaponry that can harm him gets munched by the champion

Iraf
26-03-2013, 00:13
After reading WoC a few times and thinking about it, Lord Inq interpretation is probably correct.

Warrior of Chaos
26-03-2013, 15:53
I am going to guess you mean that if the DP and the Hero are on the same side and challenging an enemy character/champ. If it is the DP/Hero's turn I would say that the controlling player chooses which one issues the challenge. If it was the opposing player's turn I would say to give them the opportunity to issue a challenge first, and if they do not, then go ahead and choose either the DP or Hero to issue a challenge before resolving the CC.

Lord Inquisitor
26-03-2013, 15:55
WoC, the point here is that since the Daemon Prince doesn't have the Eye of the Gods rule, he doesn't count as a Champion of Chaos for the rule. If a Champion of Chaos is in combat he must challenge and if there's more than one Champion of Chaos you can choose. But in this scenario you only have one Champion of Chaos.

Warrior of Chaos
26-03-2013, 19:33
WoC, the point here is that since the Daemon Prince doesn't have the Eye of the Gods rule, he doesn't count as a Champion of Chaos for the rule. If a Champion of Chaos is in combat he must challenge and if there's more than one Champion of Chaos you can choose. But in this scenario you only have one Champion of Chaos.

Ah yes...gotcha. :)