PDA

View Full Version : Spell Selection Question

Trunks
29-03-2013, 18:22
I'm just getting back into the game after a long break (haven't played since 6th edition). I picked up the new Daemons of Chaos Book and the Dark Elf book (my two primary forces for years), and found a copy of the little rulebook from the starter on Amazon and have been reading it to see all the latest changes.

Reading the magic section, it mentions that you can't have two wizards with the same spell. I'm approaching this from a Tzeentch army angle. If I have a level 4 Lord (Demon Prince or LoC), A level 2 herald, and 3 units of horrors, I have 9 spells at my disposal. There are only 7 spells in Tzeentch Lore. Am I essentially forced to use Lore of Metal on one of my characters to avoid losing spells?

I don't mind it at this point level (since I think Metal looks vital for Tzeentch to deal with armor), but eventually it seems that additional horror units are going to be "spell-less" as the army increases.

I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything.

AMWOOD co
29-03-2013, 19:05
There is an exception to the 1 wizard per spell rule: if the spell is acquired by a non-random method then you can have it again. This applies to all signature spells (and first spells for the old books like High Elves), any wizard who has loremaster (they know all the spells automatically) and each case where a wizard chooses or is assigned spells.

Trunks
29-03-2013, 19:21
So on my horror units I can default to the signature spell on all of them to prevent my characters from losing spells?

That's pretty good then. Where does it say in the rulebook you can duplicate the signature spell? Just curious for future reference purposes.

Avian
29-03-2013, 19:46
It's on page 490.

Trunks
29-03-2013, 21:22
Thank you very much.

Mr_Rose
29-03-2013, 22:50
Which is p.162 in the mini rulebook (the difference is 300 pages of fluff, photos and not-quite battle reports).

Bodysnatcher
30-03-2013, 10:33
I'm running my LoC with metal for both that reason and the fact that the buffs are handy.