PDA

View Full Version : FW Open day, tickets at the door?

Grimstonefire
01-04-2013, 16:52
Anyone happen to know if this will be possible?

I can't imagine they will be wanting to turn people away who don't happen to have heard the news about the tickets.

I'm still undecided whether I will be going, but if it's already too late to buy a ticket and you can't buy them at the door then the decision has been made for me...

The obvious answer is 'phone them and ask'. Which I will have to do tomorrow probably unless someone here knows.

Bigglesworth
01-04-2013, 17:23
Anyone happen to know if this will be possible?

I can't imagine they will be wanting to turn people away who don't happen to have heard the news about the tickets.

I'm still undecided whether I will be going, but if it's already too late to buy a ticket and you can't buy them at the door then the decision has been made for me...

The obvious answer is 'phone them and ask'. Which I will have to do tomorrow probably unless someone here knows.

As far as I know, after tickets were sold out they announced it would be exclusive to ticket holders.

Quoted from their FB

"Wow! The Forge World Open Day is now totally sold out. We can now announce that the entirety of Warhammer World will only be open to ticket holders on the 7th, allowing us to present a truly exclusive event."

Does not rule out door sales, but seems unlikely as well.

shelfunit.
01-04-2013, 18:27
The people who are paying 100+ on ebay for tickets (really a great investment oppotunity that next year I will look in to - maybe buy 20 of them and flog them for 50 a go...) will be pretty annoyed if they can pay on the day...

MiyamatoMusashi
01-04-2013, 21:34
Even if they have any on the day, it won't be many. Otherwise why make it ticketed at all? If anyone can get in, they wouldn't need to ticket it.

I would be surprised if there were any available on the door.

Grimstonefire
02-04-2013, 22:25
If anyone can get in, they wouldn't need to ticket it.

:wtf:

You're not buying into this "exclusive event" stuff are you?

If they sell tickets on the door then more people will turn up. More money to them???

All they need to do is print off a few sticker sheets with a repeated image on and announce it by email..? Put the sticker on your shirt. Job done.

People like me would then bother to turn up and pay 7 instead of (most likely now) not bothering to go because they won't let me in. My ticket alone would pay for the sticker sheets?!? I only live about an hour away, but I wouldn't risk going all the way over there only to be turned away. I'd feel very sorry for people that travel across the country to have the same experience.

Imo this was not intended as a crowd control measure, but for profit. So they should want a lot of people to go.

I've emailed them to ask, I'll be quite annoyed if they say no.

MiyamatoMusashi
02-04-2013, 22:28
I'm absolutely certain they saw the opportunity for profit, yes, but I'm also absolutely certain that they breached the fire safety regulations with the number of people there last year. They had to ticket the event to avoid breaking the law. (They may still have held some back to allow sales on the door, I doubt it but they may; but they're not going to let as many people in as last year even if they are prepared to pay).

Or if I have to speak in such patronising and demeaning terms as you just did, "WTF? If it was just about profit, why would they have said they'd sold out of tickets? They'd just keep selling more and more and not have a limit at all." But, y'know, peace and love.

Art Is Resistance
02-04-2013, 23:40
:wtf:

I've emailed them to ask, I'll be quite annoyed if they say no.

You'll be annoyed if they don't let you in to a ticketed event, that was advertised as a ticketed event and then announced as sold out, as all THE TICKETS had sold out?

Yep, there's that legendary Warseer sense of entitlement again.

It was clearly stated as a ticketed event - they were on sale, and sold out.

Tough that you missed out, but thems the breaks.

Grimstonefire
03-04-2013, 18:57
For the record I only found out they were sold out yesterday.

Unless by some miracle they sell tickets on the door I won't be going, but will be interested to know how full the halls are on the day.